Topic: Where to buy? Enclosed trailers in California

So, looking around, seems like a lot of trailers are overpriced in CA.  Does anyone have recommendations for reputable sources?  Plenty of options on eBay from several sellers in or around Buford, Georgia (8.5'x24' for <$4000 is common), but cost to transport cross-country is cost prohibitive.

Appreciated thoughts/ideas while I continue to comb fleabay and craigslist.

Re: Where to buy? Enclosed trailers in California

rpmengineering wrote:

So, looking around, seems like a lot of trailers are overpriced in CA.  Does anyone have recommendations for reputable sources?  Plenty of options on eBay from several sellers in or around Buford, Georgia (8.5'x24' for <$4000 is common), but cost to transport cross-country is cost prohibitive.

Appreciated thoughts/ideas while I continue to comb fleabay and craigslist.

Used on Racingjunk.com is your best bet.  Since almost all the cargo trailers and non-commercial flatbeds are mad in and around the location you mentioned or Elkhart, IN things on your side of the rockies get expensive.

Phoenix has a fair amount of racing activity, perhaps there?

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

There is a builder in Carson, CA, called, interestingly enough, Carson Trailers. Not sure about their enclosed trailers, but they make good open trailers, historically for heavy equipment. I owned one of their open car haulers, and it was a great trailer. I visited their retail location in Gardena and the people were great.

A quick peek at their website shows enclosed car haulers, too. But I don't have any experience with their enclosed trailers. http://www.carsontrailer.com/subs/trail … racer.html

Good luck and keep us posted...

bb

5 (edited by nimblemotorsports 2018-01-21 06:40 PM)

build one?

found a 7x16 for $1k in sac, why so heap??

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/tro/d … 56596.html