Topic: We just took our entire residual.....

And spent it on decorations.  Our aero drag coef is going to be so high, it will be immeasurable.

Have a good time trying to pass our wide ass at Sears gentlemen!

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

Re: We just took our entire residual.....

craznoe wrote:

And spent it on decorations.  Our aero drag coef is going to be so high, it will be immeasurable.

I thought "theme" was free???

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Good thinking!

icemang17 wrote:
craznoe wrote:

TECHNICALLY.... no... it has to be in the budget.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Riktor wrote:
icemang17 wrote:
craznoe wrote:

TECHNICALLY.... no... it has to be in the budget.

But frequently the powers that be will let theme related expenses slide. Just don't go nuts. A car that's obviously been to a professional paint shop is going to get dinged, unless you have documentation out the wazoo. A car that was obviously painted by rollers... No one is going to care.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Personally I would have spent it all on booze, if you share the booze with the judges they would probalby let the extra spent on the theme slide.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

Personally I would have spent it all on booze, if you share the booze with the judges they would probalby let the extra spent on the theme slide.

Or you spend it all on a pallet (or two) of canned beer and used the cut up cans as a theme...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Riktor wrote:
BoB wrote:

Or you spend it all on a pallet (or two) of canned beer and used the cut up cans as a theme...

ahhh this brings back memories of spring break in high school.....insane amounts of Lemons worthy beer (thats poured on engines), known as keystone light, and HUGE pyramids of empty cans......and the savage beating the drunk fool gets that finally knocks over our "temple"

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

craznoe wrote:

is it just me or is this build even more time consuming and frustrating than getting the car in the first race?  It's a good thing you didn't leave us any money or time to screw with the rest of the car.  Too much.

icemang17 wrote:
Riktor wrote:
BoB wrote:

ahhh this brings back memories of spring break in high school.....insane amounts of Lemons worthy beer (thats poured on engines), known as keystone light, and HUGE pyramids of empty cans......and the savage beating the drunk fool gets that finally knocks over our "temple"

Those were the days huh... We have found a use for Stones though... involves a pitcher (think baseball not Jonny's friday night) and a batter with a machete...

Now where did I put that video?!

Sons of STIG

Curious, I have sent several emails to Jay and one to Nick for a CMP residual and have not heard anything. Is there another process for the residual car value other than emailing?

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

scrowner wrote:

Curious, I have sent several emails to Jay and one to Nick for a CMP residual and have not heard anything. Is there another process for the residual car value other than emailing?

You should give Nick a call and get it straightened out. Usually those guys respond to residual-value requests right away, so it sounds like your emails aren't getting through.

Holy crap! I could put extra big ass flares on the rear of my car, make it about 20 feet wide, and nobody would be able to pass me! I'll need something terribly slow that gets amazing gas mileage so we can get ahead when everybody else pits. Hmm...

...no, wait. Extra wide means everybody will hit it, and according to the judges if there's contact, there's TWO idiots who need punishment. Scratch that idea.

As we were told prior to Sears, "Bun rubbin' is racing".  We had a couple marks on our protruding decorations that we weren't flagged for.

We had a major contact that brought us in once though.  The Lemons staff team tagged us good!

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza