76 (edited by OnkelUdo 2018-04-07 06:34 PM)

Re: Joliet 2018 Roll Call!

Duplicate...please ignore

77 (edited by OnkelUdo 2018-04-07 06:32 PM)

Brett85p wrote:
bumkus wrote:

Weird request, but here goes....
One of the rookie drivers on our team is probably going to be too big for our racing seat.   I'm going to see if I can scrounge up a spare one that we can install on Friday but I don't know if I will be able to get my hands on a bigger seat.   If he doesn't fit, are there any other teams that have a big enough seat for a big guy (280-300lbs) that would be willing to trade a session in their car for a session in our Acura?   Or would be willing to sell a seat?   I hate to have him come to the track and not be able to get any track time, so I'm looking for ideas.

Thanks!

Matt
Dropped Packets Racing

I’m bringing a passenger seat for Friday, it’s a 16 or 17 inch Kirkey. Welcome to try it out Friday and it it works use it.
Car 85 Blue Celica.

Is that my old 17" Kirkey circle track that ended up with Owen for a bit?

My teammate claims he was told by the track that we could not camp there Thursday night if we aren’t doing arrive and drive on Friday. We would like to show up Thursday night so we can concentrate on getting last minute stuff done and tech Friday instead of getting there and THEN setting it all up Friday mid morning. Anyone know the ruling on this? Thanks!

OnkelUdo wrote:
Brett85p wrote:
bumkus wrote:

Weird request, but here goes....
One of the rookie drivers on our team is probably going to be too big for our racing seat.   I'm going to see if I can scrounge up a spare one that we can install on Friday but I don't know if I will be able to get my hands on a bigger seat.   If he doesn't fit, are there any other teams that have a big enough seat for a big guy (280-300lbs) that would be willing to trade a session in their car for a session in our Acura?   Or would be willing to sell a seat?   I hate to have him come to the track and not be able to get any track time, so I'm looking for ideas.

Thanks!

Matt
Dropped Packets Racing

I’m bringing a passenger seat for Friday, it’s a 16 or 17 inch Kirkey. Welcome to try it out Friday and it it works use it.
Car 85 Blue Celica.

No, this is one I've had for a while, has a faded red/pink cover.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Wloch248 wrote:

My teammate claims he was told by the track that we could not camp there Thursday night if we aren’t doing arrive and drive on Friday. We would like to show up Thursday night so we can concentrate on getting last minute stuff done and tech Friday instead of getting there and THEN setting it all up Friday mid morning. Anyone know the ruling on this? Thanks!

If true, this would be a change from previous races at Autobahn.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

Anyone bothered to call yet and gotten an entry time for Thursday night (hopine not event to 3-3:0 'ish)....stangman got how late the gates are open.

OnkelUdo wrote:

Anyone bothered to call yet and gotten an entry time for Thursday night (hopine not event to 3-3:0 'ish)....stangman got how late the gates are open.

Practice day page says that gates open at 5pm.

The Vette is REALLY not done yet...but that's OK  Team Tri Lamm  has picked me up for this race. Me, my boyfriend, and my hat will all be at the race!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

racer49 wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

when I called a couple weeks ago I was told 5pm to 11pm.

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR

Brett85p wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

Car 85 Blue Celica.

No, this is one I've had for a while, has a faded red/pink cover.

I've still got that seat. I might bring it out for passengers if I get it in the car before this race.

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

The 350SX is ready to rock .... I hope...

Byte Marks Racing - "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it Fred."
1992 Nissan 240SX DM Edition (Drift Master)

87 (edited by RiceCar314 2018-04-09 04:17 PM)

91 Hondur Prelude will be there.

Formerly #BecauseRiceCar, aka Prelude Express and finally returning this year as RiceCar.

Orca, whats the new wheels? I hope you found something heavier than the pimpala.

stangman4ever wrote:
racer49 wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

When I called last week I was asked if I was registered for the Friday event in regards to camping and was told 5-10 to get in.

Bryan

To be clear, pre-drinking in the Autobahn entry lot is highly discouraged...unless you do it behind my trailer while petting the fluffiest dog in racing.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/bxr9bAgszxBPYkedj3WCRoBZHBHxYetxhuLzbxhi6wLyuBbuNY3ptPRxxifDdu5KOvJenzq3OusNiRJ71XU_xtssx_SqRzMRqyVds1W1PumD8ChCDaV1GTza_evgw1MS1X3tVm5P6XyiLdWXj2ty2nwCZw3p0L0plDcicFeJbcPwAcdB9G8E4GohJZX3T_DDTfGdDEJ0GJoFSkNCzWSVwsBbWBHSnY5Un4uHOnKuRrdmmQxXBPjFIOG-VOlB6bEyEikeHv2aX32szn_ZIsM7XefVUCUNLhi3SpDjMOzOpzPZfjmvSILIUsaGaElbbG2IyD0A540caQSE7NVu0HINFAL3eWnFTRrz7a3otip4JDw8RD7YzfWYi7NKFh-UL6XAcCZjbJyh5o-2N_JCZVhBk9DhosD_iL_nnRcduS9ppmIDN_83GVf2Wlra1Fd1vdEsixjYjVh6NOlMx03vP11xA7x8xZIXQzcjNhAJuemnzTLNGQh3ssF9EPJSykM6qAxS3-4nuBTlihLa7cTjNxEO6-Cacb1yGATqp-i2RTFXyiukHrF-7icTyEWoNR8z_dgbLKDKRCZ73QzT7zj_I2NsRnDE6asB0t-X6bSyQCw=w492-h656-no

Enginerd81 wrote:
stangman4ever wrote:
racer49 wrote:

When I called last week I was asked if I was registered for the Friday event in regards to camping and was told 5-10 to get in.

Bryan

So maybe it is true that there is a no camping Thursday night if not doing the test n tune Friday?

Anyone else care to chime in. I guess I could call the track to be sure.

There is a test day on Friday.

https://www.autobahncc.com/event/24-hou … ntry-club/

The Punisher Racing Caprice police car is showing up, we are registered under KDS-Performance. The car is one of the OG LeMon's cars and came back for CMP last fall after a 5(?) year hiatus. In about 9 laps, we cracked both heads, overheated the piss out the motor, and never had more than 1st and 2nd gear.  We went on the WIN!...  Heroic Fix at least...  and got a full 7 hours in on Sunday after driving all over SC to get a new trans and some heads. We hopefully have some more of the bugs worked out.

I acquired the car from the original owner (and good friend) last month, so new owner, new(ish) drivers. 2 of the drivers have a LeMon's race under our belt, 2 more are no strangers to B-Body's and HPDE event's, and our 5th driver should be able to see over the steering wheel.

Anybody know which course we are running at Autobahn?

Mike
#54 KDS-Performance/Punisher Racing 1996 Caprice
2Tun Za-fun!

RunswithScissors wrote:

Pretty much always the south unless they post differently on the event page.

RunswithScissors wrote:

The Punisher Racing Caprice police car is showing up, we are registered under KDS-Performance. The car is one of the OG LeMon's cars and came back for CMP last fall after a 5(?) year hiatus. In about 9 laps, we cracked both heads, overheated the piss out the motor, and never had more than 1st and 2nd gear.  We went on the WIN!...  Heroic Fix at least...  and got a full 7 hours in on Sunday after driving all over SC to get a new trans and some heads. We hopefully have some more of the bugs worked out.

I acquired the car from the original owner (and good friend) last month, so new owner, new(ish) drivers. 2 of the drivers have a LeMon's race under our belt, 2 more are no strangers to B-Body's and HPDE event's, and our 5th driver should be able to see over the steering wheel.

probably south course, probably both days. I can't imagine 100+ cars on north course...

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Its on the south track. It says it on the "schedule" page

So apropros of this thread, does anybody want to act as guinea pig for a "Newbie Ambassador" this weekend? I'll see if I can get a little flag or something from the hardware store to put up at your paddock space that means, "Drop in if you need help."

Basically, the goal is just to shepherd them around or to answer questions or to help them find answers ("Who has a press for this wheel bearing?" or "Where is the Penalty Box?" or "Why is that one judge talking about Enver Hoxha?")

I don't know what I have for an incentive yet (if anything...sorry), but if you're interested, drop me a forum mail or an email.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Paging Mr. Krenzer...

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

Sure...not enough to do with four newbie drivers...it'll be fine.

But yeah, between me, Randy and the rest of the SHFC members (especially Mark from Product Design and his guys) in the area we should be able to appropriately de-confuse them.  That and I am easily recognizable.

I have one of those yellow "Slow Children Playing" type stand up signs I can bring.
It seems appropriate smile

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Also,  got in contact with the track. No camping for us Thursday night because we are not doing test-n-tune. Gates open 7am Friday.