Topic: Practice day NJMP

Anybody in? Our team did it last year (less me) had a great time, lots of laps.  We are going to do it this year, but not the race, Mothers Day did not go over well, I wish they'd change the date....

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

Re: Practice day NJMP

We will be there and should be testing on friday

959 Toyota Tercel   6x Lemons loser

New England Area roll cages send me an email I'm in Central MA

Squidrope Racing will be there with the Batmobile

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

good deal, swing by we will be in the beat up white/orange 84 Trans Am...http://i64.tinypic.com/jslr2x.jpg

We tend to avoid test days because stuff tends to break.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:

Well we aren't going to be able to race the weekend and 3 of us need practice.. and unlike the race there aren't 130 cars on the track to bang on and off of.

chaase wrote:

And that is why we test.  Better to find it on Friday than Saturday.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

racinrob wrote:

Testing squanders valuable engine revolutions, which have but a finite quantity.

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

gtopat wrote:
racinrob wrote:

Testing squanders valuable engine revolutions, which have but a finite quantity.

Our new 305 has maybe 6 hours on it.... should be ok lol

gtopat wrote:
racinrob wrote:

You've been listening to the gospel of Matt too long.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

we will def be practicing on fri. No other seat time for most of us and we need it. Blow the engine? bringing a spare of everything

I seem to recall we signed up for practice via motorsportreg.com, but I'm not seeing it on their calendar.  Anyone know how to sign up for the practice day for 2018?

David Eckel wrote:

I seem to recall we signed up for practice via motorsportreg.com, but I'm not seeing it on their calendar.  Anyone know how to sign up for the practice day for 2018?

njmp.trackrabbit.com/Event/Details/9a81de38-ac79-4885-8ece-50f1bff7a0b9

In case I missed something in the copy paste, go to the Schedule tab up top, click on the NJ race and look for the Pre Registration hot link.

Do people still say "hot link"?

NJMP '11--#132 (Speedycop), NJMP '12 to '16--#215 (Philthy Motorsports), NJMP '16--#75 Most Heroic Fix, NJMP '17--#75 (still drying out), NJMP '18--#75, NHMS '18 - #75 Datsun 510

We always run at least a couple hours on Friday. It’s our first race of the season and it always seems like the gremlins invade our car over the winter...and it’s much better to shake them out on Friday in lieu of losing valuable track time on Saturday.

#9 Audi CQ Scooby Doo Car known as the Mystery Machine, #44 Audi 4KQ painted as a tribute car to the 1989 IMSA  car driven by Haywood, Stuck, and Rohrl, and the #95 Audi TT Lightning McQueen.

Is full race prep required for practice day[s]?

16 (edited by jbl 2018-04-18 07:40 PM)

Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:

In what sense...like clothes?  Not sure, but if you got it, why not use it?  There are other cars on track and anything can happen, especially on a test day.  I think I remember someone in an AER car go out with a helmet and gloves, but it also wasn't a Lemons race-prepped crapcan.

Other than that, it's separate from Lemons.  NJ/NJMP rules would apply.

http://www.njsp.org/division/operations … info.shtml

NJMP '11--#132 (Speedycop), NJMP '12 to '16--#215 (Philthy Motorsports), NJMP '16--#75 Most Heroic Fix, NJMP '17--#75 (still drying out), NJMP '18--#75, NHMS '18 - #75 Datsun 510

Perfect link - thanks!

Yes.  FYI, the NJ State troopers who run the motorsports division have been cracking down on the track in regards to safety.  Full race gear, full safety inspection, all i's dotted and t's crossed...

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Perfect link - thanks!

Where are you in SE PA?

RobL wrote:

Yes.  FYI, the NJ State troopers who run the motorsports division have been cracking down on the track in regards to safety.  Full race gear, full safety inspection, all i's dotted and t's crossed...

Yup, I've never seen a practice day that didn't require the same basic things that Lemons tech does.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Here is the vehicle safety requirements.  If you register with track rabbit you can download a PDF with all the vehicle requirements

Safety Equipment
Lap and Shoulder Belts required at minimum for all closed cars.
No 4-Point harnesses allowed. 2 years or newer, SFI. 5 years or newer, FIA.
Convertibles must have permanent rollover protection as mandated by Chapter 62 Race Track Regulations
Convertibles: Driver and instructor must pass broom stick test with helmet on.
Helmet: Snell M or SA Rated, 2010 or newer required. Closed face helmet required for all open top cars.

So it seems like you could bring your daily if you wanted and no gear other than a helmet.  However this seems like a wise idea.  I do recall a 350Z running out there for practice.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

And then there is also a Word document with this too.

This is a race practice, and is regulated by N.J.A.C. 13:62-1.1 et seq. (hereinafter “Chapter 62”) and is also under the jurisdiction of the New Jersey State Police.
Driver’s License: All Drivers must have a valid Driver’s License and be at least 18 years of age to participate. You will be asked to present your Driver’s License at the track. Please be sure to bring documentation regarding track experience or any race license you have obtained in order to verify your experience.
Helmet Requirement: A Snell SA 2010 or newer helmet is required for all drivers on the track.
Attire: Full race safety equipment and attire is required.
Tech: A tech inspection is required for each car prior to accessing the race course.  A NJMP official will tech your car prior to the event.  Check the event schedule for tech hours of operation.  Please view the tech form prior to your arrival in order to be sure your car is adequately prepared.  Download a copy of our tech form here.

http://njmp.com/wp-content/uploads/2017 … m-2017.pdf

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

jbl wrote:

Where are you in SE PA?

The center of my current daily orbit seems to be floating around Chester Springs these days.

Team Pro Crash Duh Nation (#26) will be testing (breaking stuff) on Friday. We will also be doing our obligatory Pasta Feed on Saturday night. We are low on crew and drivers for this event so the Pasta Feed will be a bit smaller this time, that means we will only feed 200 or so hungry guests.

If your car is not so blowed up after Saturdays race session we could definitely use some help getting Chef Franks food on the table so come on by and we promise to break out the Peronis - and you will get to be on the VIP side of the serving line.

Ciao Bella

Gregorio

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

racinrob wrote:
gtopat wrote:
racinrob wrote:

You've been listening to the gospel of Matt too long.

Actually, Pat is the originator of this, as far as I know...

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!