1 (edited by YesIFit 2010-02-22 12:55 PM)

Topic: MSR Flips, who's got 'em?

I was in perfect postion ( i.e - smack dab in the middle) to get video of the Race Hard, Race Ugly e30 going over, but we didn't have the in-car camera set up. Anyone got video of that, or the huge Mustang wreck, or the ZX2, or the LeCar, or....

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Re: MSR Flips, who's got 'em?

Saturday night we were watching 3 views of the e30 wreck, the Mustang wreck was crazy, look forward to seeing the footage. Glad no one got hurt, guess that safety stuff really works.

Thanks to everyone at MSR and Lemons for putting on a great and safe race.

2008  Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas - DarthBimmer; 2009 Houston Gator-O-Rama - Beermer; 2009  Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas - Jewish Defense League BMW; 2010 Houston Gator-O-Rama - SwampJews from Hell; 2010 Houston Yee-Haw Texas - JDL - JEGS....errrr JEWS; 2011 Houston Gator-O-Rama - B Team - IOE Winner!; 2011 Houston Yee-Haw - Los Escorpions de Munich; 2012 TWS Yee-Haw Texas - B-Team - Dr. StrangeBenz

Skid McSpinout wrote:

Glad no one got hurt, guess that safety stuff really works.

+1

We didn't get any black flags over the weekend, but I heard that on Sunday afternoon the first thing the judges/staff were doing when people came into the penalty box was checking to see if harnesses were tight.

Some people bitch about Tech being too stringent, but after this weekend, I'm sure some teams are pretty glad they are...

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

YesIFit wrote:
Skid McSpinout wrote:

Glad no one got hurt, guess that safety stuff really works.

+1

Some people bitch about Tech being too stringent, but after this weekend, I'm sure some teams are pretty glad they are...

You guys are 100% correct. I welded the tops of the cage bars on the black zx2 so they could pass tech, and then found out they turned it upside down. There is a reason for all the tech rules that they impose, and it is for our safety.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

I was on the receiving end of the Mustang crash.  I wear a Leatt neck brace instead of the crappy foam one and I'm here to tell you that it's worth the money.  I never saw him coming.

I was the driver of the Mustang in Sunday's wreck.  The throttle on the Roach stuck wide open coming into turn one.  Instead of creaming a pack of 4-5 cars, I cut across the infield trying to beat them.  I almost did.  Fist O Fury guy, I see your posting and will get with you directly. 

Any pictures or videos would be appreciated.

glad you guys are all ok...the track gets really narrow when shit goes wrong smile

David Hedderick
Houston, TX
1986 325ese Shitbox Lemons car (sold...blowed up)
1990 miata drift car...like the BMW only slower and with a twisted chassis :\

lostner@sbcglobal.net wrote:

I was on the receiving end of the Mustang crash.  I wear a Leatt neck brace instead of the crappy foam one and I'm here to tell you that it's worth the money.  I never saw him coming.

I saw you walking around with that brace in your hand on Saturday and I thought to myself, self, WTF is that?

Now I'm looking at it online. Very interesting. Which one were you wearing?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

It was specifically made for motocross, but works with any helmet.  They also make one more like the Hans for Car racers.

We got HD footage of the ZX2 going over, though with the camera angle you can only barely see the part of the Gremlin that got hit. Judge Phil already has the footage so it will get to teh Intarwebz soon, I'm sure.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

I've got some still's while still smoking but not video.  How do you attach at picture located on the HD?

GreenPiece Diesel
Maybe one day we'll build a real car.

I know there were photos taken of the Fuzzy Skunk rolling over. The Mustangs were epic. I wasn't able to get the actual event but we got the aftermath.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

And everyone is OK !!!!    Here's to the guys that make us wear that SILLY safety stuff !!

cpchampion wrote:

We got HD footage of the ZX2 going over, though with the camera angle you can only barely see the part of the Gremlin that got hit. Judge Phil already has the footage so it will get to teh Intarwebz soon, I'm sure.

My travel laptop choked on that big 4GB HD file, but I'm working on it on the more powerful desktop machine now. Should have it posted pretty soon.

ProgEng wrote:

I've got some still's while still smoking but not video.  How do you attach at picture located on the HD?

You have to host it somewhere.
www.flickr.com is good for starters.
Then you have to upload it, get a link from it, and post that link here wrapped in [img]and[/img] tags.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

16 (edited by ProgEng 2010-02-22 06:49 PM)

we'll see if this works

http://d3.myfreefilehosting.com/d2/dsc00147.jpg

GreenPiece Diesel
Maybe one day we'll build a real car.

Negative ProgEng.  Red X.  Try again.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

lostner@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Glad your ok. Who was driving, Howe?  I got a card from Tom and I'm sure well hook up soon. Hope you guys make it to Decatur in June. Should be a blast

Team Lost in the Dark- North Texas-- #892 miata  j the laaaaaam (formerly barbie car)..R.I.P #89 mx6

I would love to see some footage of our rock solid Renault going over!

Crewe Le Pew
1982 Renault Le Car "Pepe le Pew"
big_smile 2010 North Dallas Hooptie IOE WINNER!!!!!