Topic: Which is more unlikely?

As we were standing in line to get on the plane yesterday, I turned to the Lemons brain trust and said, "Roll your brain backwards 15 days: what's more unlikely, a Saab 900 Turbo winning a Lemons race, or a Ford Taurus SHO?"

Both of which are cars that we have repeatedly said have no chance of winning the race.

And, both of which just won a race.

I think personally, I'm more surprised by the Saab, but everyone else seemed more amazed by the SHO.

At least Lemons isn't the E30/Miata fest we thought it was turning into.

Hint, hint Eyesore.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Re: Which is more unlikely?

Yeah, Eyesore, the microscope is on you now. Time to take it to the next level!

I would say the SHO winning.

Yeah for some reason the SHO is less believable in my mind

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

If the Nudists were better drivers, we'd all be screwed!

Their SHO is ridiculously fast.

The second gen Integras are crazy fast too.

I'd like to see a Z win, preferably mine or one I am affiliated with.

Rat Nest Revival is a good team and Sergio has set up the car well.

Had we been running cooler Saturday, we would have given them a better run for the Nickels. 

We'll be looking forward to a rematch at No Problem.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

I'd like to see a Z win, preferably mine or one I am affiliated with.

I think they were suprised to see you finish a race without breaking...

...I surely thought Misty's Neon was going to die when the smoke started... a three lap pitstop and some magic and the smoke was gone... low and behold they win it.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

that SHO is fast! it wasn't that way at NPR last year......We were able to stay up with them on the straights at NPR, but not this time, he walked away from us at houston.

It's a Miata, get him........

8 (edited by michaelmosty 2010-02-22 03:52 PM)

Riktor wrote:

...I surely thought Misty's Neon was going to die when the smoke started... a three lap pitstop and some magic and the smoke was gone... low and behold they win it.

The smoke was actually from a power steering leak that was there all weekend.  There was no fluid after both Sat. and Sun.  The pit stop was actually for a black flag, thankfully we got out quick.
We were definitely suprised by the reliability of the SHO, they were blazing fast all weekend!!!

-Michael
Lemons TX
The SCHWING Team
Team Blue Ball

9 (edited by MikeN 2010-02-22 04:15 PM)

How about having the Big 3 US manufacturers win the top 3 spots?!

1) Ford Taurus SHO
2) Dodge Neon
3) Pontiac Grand Prix smile

Mike N
team JB Weld ('97 Pontiac Grand Prix)
team eLemonators ('91 Toyota Celica - retired)

MikeN wrote:

How about having the Big 3 US manufacturers win the top 3 spots?!

1) Ford Taurus SHO
2) Dodge Neon
3) Pontiac Grand Prix smile

Yeah, Judge Phil pointed that out to me.

USA! USA! RIP PONTIAC! USA!

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

As we were standing in line to get on the plane yesterday, I turned to the Lemons brain trust and said, "Roll your brain backwards 15 days: what's more unlikely, a Saab 900 Turbo winning a Lemons race, or a Ford Taurus SHO?"

Both of which are cars that we have repeatedly said have no chance of winning the race.

And, both of which just won a race.

I think personally, I'm more surprised by the Saab, but everyone else seemed more amazed by the SHO.

At least Lemons isn't the E30/Miata fest we thought it was turning into.

Hint, hint Eyesore.

Excellent point....... 

In true "anything can happen" Lemons fashion....I think its time for Porsche to win!!!  Odds are it won't be mine.....but I'd like to see ONE win......

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

The SHO was impressive but the Saab caught me off guard and I thought it was a joke when I read about it.

Saab

Justice...with a smile.

I'm going to have to give the nod to the SHO. Yamaha engineering is BRILLIANT but typically VERY fragile, even their F1 cars would do awesome for like... 1/3rd of a race before dying.

As for the Saab, it seems they can be taught with a relentless and unyielding will to bash your heads in. Case in point, the 900 that rbank's been running has done time in 8 events, starting back in 07 at the flatrock race. If you're still running a car that has done time at one of those early races, and it's still half decent after some elbow grease, I believe it will eventually pay off. rbankracing knew it, the swedes knew it, so it's really great to see'em win.

The SHO, though, THAT is left field my friend. what next, a BUICK wins Gingerman? a Z at infineon? psh, all pipe dreams.

14 (edited by magnusracing 2010-02-22 10:39 PM)

It's time for a British Car win smile

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

magnusracing wrote:

It's time for a British Car win smile

Agreed.

Or Maybe it's time for a Citroen to win... Hell, I'll be happy if it just makes it to tech.

Nah... It's time for a Lincoln Mark VIII to win. big_smile

or maybe a 61 Caddy with a [REDACTED] and a [REDACTED]!!!!! cool

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

well I think I know why it happened, when they put in the article that they suck into grassroots someone was determined to show them wrong lol.

I say either a fiero or 944 needs to win now

Someday it will be fashionable to wear a sweater in hell while enjoying a game of snowball catch.

Someday a portion of a farmer's already busy day will be spent clipping the wings on his pigs.

Someday a French car will win the 24 Hours of Lemons and that day will be remembered.

Scott "Leadfoot" Miller
"The Autosport Lab Rats"
"The Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys"

Autoxer wrote:

Someday a French car will win the 24 Hours of Lemons and that day will be remembered.

Yeah, because who can forget the day that donkeys started flying.

weaksauce wrote:

that SHO is fast! it wasn't that way at NPR last year......We were able to stay up with them on the straights at NPR, but not this time, he walked away from us at houston.

I'm not sure what was going on with that. Our lap times were almost identical to last October's race. So I don't think the car is any faster. Same drivers, tires, everything.

Will you guys be at NPR?

snake eyes wrote:

well I think I know why it happened, when they put in the article that they suck into grassroots someone was determined to show them wrong lol.

I say either a fiero or 944 needs to win now

Agreed

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"