Topic: Officially Done-To-Death Themes, Part MCVIX: Lightnin' McQueen

Sure, your kids loved the movie... but other Lemons teams have already extracted every last trace of ore from the Lightnin' McQueen theme mine. How about a Muppetmobile theme instead?

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2010/02/_mg_7310.jpg
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2010/02/lbw09-top-50.jpg
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2010/02/lss09-02.jpg

Re: Officially Done-To-Death Themes, Part MCVIX: Lightnin' McQueen

In point of fact, isn't there a fourth hella shitty lightning McQueen themed car in Houston?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

In point of fact, isn't there a fourth hella shitty lightning McQueen themed car in Houston?

It's the same Talon with a blue Lightnin' McQueen paint job instead of the red one we saw last time. They felt that a new paint job would expunge the bad luck that makes their terrible car keep breaking. This tactic proved unsuccessful.

Exclaimed by multiple people during the last race... "A DSM without transmission problems. Who would have guessed?"

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

MurileeMartin wrote:

Sure, your kids loved the movie... but other Lemons teams have already extracted every last trace of ore from the Lightnin' McQueen theme mine. How about a Muppetmobile theme instead?

Ah, a bear in his natural habitat, a Studebaker!

MurileeMartin wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

It's the same Talon with a blue Lightnin' McQueen paint job instead of the red one we saw last time. They felt that a new paint job would expunge the bad luck that makes their terrible car keep breaking. This tactic proved unsuccessful.

That would be a Dinoco McQueen theme. I think I stepped on one of those in my kids room last night.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I hear some more people are going to do Dictator of Paraguay themes

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

magnusracing wrote:

I hear some more people are going to do Dictator of Paraguay themes

The General Stroessner theme can never be done to death.

9 (edited by Serj 2010-02-24 10:37 PM)

there was this 50s Dodge pickup in the parkinglot of our motel during Southern Discomfort. I thought that would be hella fun to paint Petty blue and put a wrecker arm in the tail box, then dot-paint the windshield with eyes (remember those cheesy 80's pepsi glasses that did the same thing?)

Instant TOW MATER big_smile