Topic: What seat do you use?

just  a survey:
What seat do you have in your LeMon and has it been comfortable?

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Re: What seat do you use?

Sparco Evo 2 - Very comfortable - Our team now owns 3 of them.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

corbeau FX1 Pro, thing is like sitting on a sofa.  Best money i spent.  Get a fiberglass shell and not a metal frame seat.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

Jackasic wrote:

corbeau FX1 Pro, thing is like sitting on a sofa.  Best money i spent.  Get a fiberglass shell and not a metal frame seat.

Yeah, we've got some sort of Sparco FIA certified fiberglass seat that we got off craigslist for a good price. Might be the best investment we made.

Just got a kirkey.  Probably not the best for enduros, but the price was right, $40.  with slider mount.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Kirkey here too

7 (edited by YesIFit 2010-02-23 10:30 AM)

Sparco Evo...it was used and donated to the cause

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Well we were running a Sparco Circuit VR but then we took a giant on our team and he doesn't fit.  I suggested taking a bench grinder to his hip bones but was outvoted.

We use the Sparco Sprint 5.  Yes it has a tubular frame and isn't a fancy fiberglass shell, but after two races in an oversized Kirkey, it feels so much better.  In the Kirkey I would get raw spots underneath my elbows from where the metal seat rubbed.  Yuck.

The most important thing, I think, is that the seat is the right size for the drivers.  When we had two cars, we ran the "big people" car and the "smaller people" car.  It woulda worked out great if we could have gotten the big people car reliable...

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

OMP Record 2... but that may change...

How do yuo all stand Kirkeys?! They kill me is a 4 second drag... let alone 3 hours of side to side.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

We run the Kirkey WITH a padded seat cover, plus we have fat padded asses too.

ifb_mole wrote:

We run the Kirkey WITH a padded seat cover, plus we have fat padded asses too.

Ditto. Kirkey Intermediate Road Race. I find it to be pretty comfortable, actually. But then I've never had the luck to sit in a Sparco. They do look nice though.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

kirkey short track with padding, butler short track(kevin legage's old seat), kirkey drag set with padding.

We use some sort of Sparco FIA seat.  It is comfy, except the center of the back has no structure underneath the harness holes, so it can't be used with a beat back brace.  Luckily, we are within 6" of the cage's crossbar, so we don't need the brace.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Jackasic wrote:

Ditto, except that we have the regular width because I'm a fatty (the Pro is the skinny version). I definitely wanted to invest in a good seat due the amount of time we'll be sitting in the car and I've been very happy with it. The side mounts made it much easier to mount to the car as well.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

This also brings up a good question. Does any one run seats with a HALO and if so which can yuo recommend?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

LTDScott wrote:
Jackasic wrote:

Ditto, except that we have the regular width because I'm a fatty (the Pro is the skinny version). I definitely wanted to invest in a good seat due the amount of time we'll be sitting in the car and I've been very happy with it. The side mounts made it much easier to mount to the car as well.

good point, I have the fat boy friendly version also, which ever that one is.  it was so wide we had to cut out our center tunnel to get it to fit.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

we run a Racetech 4009WHR...which is quite pricey for Lemons.....but I already had one from a previous race car....if I was building one from scratch I would get a Kirkey....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Jackasic wrote:
LTDScott wrote:
Jackasic wrote:

good point, I have the fat boy friendly version also, which ever that one is.  it was so wide we had to cut out our center tunnel to get it to fit.

There's the FX1 Pro (skinny), FX1 (medium), and FX1 Wide (big boy). Luckily I have a small ass so I was able to fit in the medium seat.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

sparco evo 2 plus
bought new for the mini cooper, had to grind the front corners to fit it to the MGB

regards
Paul

sounds like I should do fine with anything but Kirkey.  Thanks for the info.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Lemonade Time Racing wrote:

sounds like I should do fine with anything but Kirkey.  Thanks for the info.

i wouldn't say that at ALL. Kirkey Intermediate Road Race here, all 18" of it. I'm a fatass so i fit like a glove with the seat pad. I think the MOST IMPORTANT thing with the ButlerBuilt and Kirkey and all of those other metal shell seats is getting them sized right. If you have a lot of different sized drivers you're probably in trouble. We have run an Mazda MX-5 MSport passenger seat we pulled from a broken-down pull-n-pay special. that's a comfortable seat until you have to make turns. I thought the bolstering was great until then. after 90minutes of racing in it I was too fatiqued to continue. With the Kirkey seat & Pad, I've driven the car 3 HOURS to the race track, have done back-to-back 2-hour stints while on the track, AND have driven the car home with that seat. THAT is how much more effective it is. Again, you need to make sure the seat is the right size. Either that or get the bigger shell, sit everyone in the seat one at a time covered in vasoline then pump GreatStuff/ Expanda-foam in all around them. viola, you have a lemon's certified custom-molded pads for each driver tongue

We have a kirkey with a cover.  It's a $50 craigslist special and we're all happy with it.

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

We didn't get much time to use it, but we got the OMP Ronco.  Similar to the Momo, sparco, corbeau seats until you're looking in the $800+ range.  There's still one here. It's listed as 4 harness slots, but did have the anti-sub slot as well, and has the FIA homologation.  Great for the money, and they've got a deal for a fire suit that can be thrown in with the seat for shipping

Plain Jane '86 BMW 535i - Current
RIP People's Elbowed Protege - 2010

Serj wrote:

Either that or get the bigger shell, sit everyone in the seat one at a time covered in vasoline then pump GreatStuff/ Expanda-foam in all around them. viola, you have a lemon's certified custom-molded pads for each driver tongue

Or you can use a trashbag to hold the foam...

We use stiff visco-elastic ( memory foam / space foam /  ) energy absorbing foam sheets trimmed and glued to make custom padded inserts for each driver.  Works great and will absorb energy in a crash instead of returning it to the driver.

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang