Topic: And the next shocker will be...

...what?

First a Saab 900 Turbo then a 1989 SHO. CRAZY.

So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?

An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?

Personally, I think an MR2 is due.

You?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Re: And the next shocker will be...

There were some fast dependable MR2's at Houston. Me and my team really want to break the Z curse. Maybe at Eagles Canyon in june. That track is gonna be hard on brakes, and the summer heat is gonna take its toll on cooling systems.

A red 928 Estate

put Blacksheep1 & team on a different track and i would wager they will break the Z curse.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

soldmystang wrote:

put Blacksheep1 & team on a different track and i would wager they will break the Z curse.

Yeah - that thing is getting wicked fast.  Did they run the entire race at CMP (no mechanicals)?

- shortest Dorifto Dog

6 (edited by Spinnetti 2010-02-23 04:34 PM)

Yeah, MR2.. Puzzled by the lack of one on top thus far... Good, light, and in the normal world reliable. Well, I guess depends on the drivers and crew too as its not that easy to drive fast, but minor details smile

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

soldmystang wrote:

Agreed times a gazillion.  If they had longer straights, less momentum-killing turns, and some luck, they would be very tough to beat.  At CMP, if they keep away from the black flags, they are gonna be very high up in the overall standings.

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

ifb_mole wrote:

A red 928 Estate

Hmm....I'll have to concur with mole...but since its my car...I don't know if I'm that optimistic....given the spectacular rod bearing death performance we had last time...
well that and the highly simple electrical system of only 400 gray wires, 25 relays and 50 fuses...add in a possibility of said electrical system getting wet.....you see my point

But with the way the "xxxx will never win", just to see one win TWO RACES IN A ROW.....who knows....if the Lemons gods smile upon us anything can happen!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

If a SHO can win, any car can win.

Well, any car other than a Nissan Z.

littledog wrote:
soldmystang wrote:

Yeah - that thing is getting wicked fast.  Did they run the entire race at CMP (no mechanicals)?

Thanks for the props!  We had a flat early on Sat (within the first 3 hours) but that was our only mechanical problem.

What did us in was the 3 black flags we got by our over-zealous leader.

By late Sunday we had worked our way back into the top 5 but a 4th flag (by a different driver this time) had us building a maddening puzzle on the hood of our car for what seemed like 2 hours but was more like 30 mins.

We ended the race the race in 8th, 44 laps down, got to bondo the car, paint a picture on the hood (a la Bob Ross), and of course that damn puzzle.

It was the most fun we had at a race yet.

Another hot little car would be a "Fix It Again Tony" X1/9.

BlackSheep1 wrote:
littledog wrote:
soldmystang wrote:

Thanks for the props!  We had a flat early on Sat (within the first 3 hours) but that was our only mechanical problem.

By late Sunday we had worked our way back into the top 5 but a 4th flag (by a different driver this time) had us building a maddening puzzle on the hood of our car for what seemed like 2 hours but was more like 30 mins.

We ended the race the race in 8th, 44 laps down, got to bondo the car, paint a picture on the hood (a la Bob Ross), and of course that damn puzzle.

the Bob Ross Penalty rules, i earned us that one in the fall race.  i'm sure i must have looked like Boris Said in that silly ass wig.  smile

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

MurileeMartin wrote:

Bet you a bottle of Glenfiddich - payable first CMP race in 2011 smile

Yes, I've been drinking - invented a new drink (vodka and Propel - Russian Speed Skater?)

- shortest Dorifto Dog

MurileeMartin wrote:

or VAN

It Ain't My Fault

soldmystang wrote:
BlackSheep1 wrote:
littledog wrote:

the Bob Ross Penalty rules, i earned us that one in the fall race.  i'm sure i must have looked like Boris Said in that silly ass wig.  smile

As long as you earn us the awesome penalties - no harm no foul smile.

- shortest Dorifto Dog

16 (edited by soldmystang 2010-02-23 07:03 PM)

propel?  isn't that water?

man up Linus, vodka is meant to be consumed cold and straight up.  sprinkle some fresh ground black pepper in it, trust me. smile

and yes, there was the "teach your girlfriends little sister" penalty.  wink

still i probably need to tighten up a bit.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

A Nissan Z specificly The Underground KITT will be winning in 2 weeks! The real question is what will win after that?!?!?

ifb_mole wrote:

Another hot little car would be a "Fix It Again Tony" X1/9.

yes.

Or, a Alfetta or Milano.

Actually, I wouldn't be shocked if a California Alfa broke through the super-cheater pack and won the damn thing.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Fish wrote:

A Nissan Z specificly The Underground KITT will be winning in 2 weeks! The real question is what will win after that?!?!?

ha ha ha ha

Judge Jonny wrote:
Fish wrote:

ha ha ha ha

Did I forget to mention we have no tranny for the car currently and are doing a 5 speed swap this weekend lol. Test time? Who needs that. If the clutch dosent work we will just shift like those other cars that they call NAS do at Infenion!

odd no one has mentioned a mustang.......or a lincoln

Mustangs have won before.

Fish wrote:

Mustangs have won before.

ahh well, i wasn't aware of that. new kinda guy to Lemons.  how about lincolns?

Fish wrote:

I heard quite a bit about this Z car from a mutual friend with both have.....a camera wielding maniac named "hoss".....I told him he MUST run in Lemons....but he uses the "I gotta work" excuse......  Now we just need to convince Jay to hire him!!!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

something french...