Re: And the next shocker will be...

Any model of Mitsubishi.

We have cars/modifications in the works that should give us a win capable british car and italian car before the end of the year. Seriously.

HOWEVER, do I think we'll win? Actually, no. Why? Because we don't care enough... we're lazy about driver changes and just have too much fun to be competitive. Maybe I'll have to loan one of the cars to a team that trys harder than us.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

I think its time for the LEMON DEMOLITION CRX TO WIN!!!!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

magnusracing wrote:

We have cars/modifications in the works that should give us a win capable british car and italian car before the end of the year. Seriously.

HOWEVER, do I think we'll win? Actually, no. Why? Because we don't care enough... we're lazy about driver changes and just have too much fun to be competitive. Maybe I'll have to loan one of the cars to a team that trys harder than us.

This is a VERY good point....if you want to WIN....you must be seriously dedicated....super quick driver changes-pit stops...perfect strategy & good luck...all of which are ANTI-lemons.... 

So I prefer the "other" standard to measure a car by....LAP TIMES....I may not win (in fact probably won't) but damm is my car FAST while its running!!!  The estate still holds the highly inaccurate lap record at Thunderhill....and I also claim the lap record at Sears for the normal course....which of course is irrelevant since we are running a different course....

So what is my point of all this rambling...."I like being irrelevant" and other big words I don't understand....  so when I get spanked by "slow" cars I can make myself feel better by saying "ya but I was xx seconds a lap faster than you"

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Any team that avoids black flags and breakdowns can get into the top 10, no matter how slow their car might be (within reason). Getting into the top 5 is a totally different story; not only do you need to be penalty- and breakdown-free, you must have fast-yet-non-aggro drivers, quick fuel stops/driver changes, etc.

Without question, Eyesore Racing has their shit together better than any Lemons team we've ever seen, so pay attention to what they do if you're still pursuing the absurd dream of an overall Lemons win.

My crappy caltrans/grinch/frogger/cow car finished a 6th place with 1 blackflag and quick driver changes and 3 drivers per day

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Judge Jonny wrote:

So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?

An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)?

So does this mean we get to roll right through BS?! We'll still give gifts...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

If Crown Vic drivers can restrain themselves from hitting things, or flying off the track...they might have a chance.

Crown Vic and "clean race" doesn't really co-exist.

Fukushima Sushi Delivery
POS 325e

icemang17 wrote:

...This is a VERY good point....if you want to WIN....you must be seriously dedicated....super quick driver changes-pit stops...perfect strategy & good luck...all of which are ANTI-lemons....

I don't think having fun and wanting to win have to be mutually exclusive. or "ANTI-lemons."

We have fun with the judges, take our penalties without complaining, laugh at the people in the penalty box (including ourselves), and have bonded with just about every team we have met.  We get that.

BUT, we also want to win.  We have tweaked our car for what we consider the balance between performance and reliability.  We think about how long each drive needs to stay out, our pit stops, when to refuel, and constantly are talking to the driver during the race to see if any of our plans need to be modified on the fly.

I think the teams that think you have to only do one or the other are the ones missing out.  If you don’t care about winning, that’s cool, but don’t look down on another team just because they don’t have the same goals as you.

djsupersoul wrote:

something french...

French it will be. Probably some familiar Peugeot if they can keep the unlikely contender running.

Scott "Leadfoot" Miller
"The Autosport Lab Rats"
"The Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys"

Craptation.

Not kidding.

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

DaveH wrote:

Craptation.

Not kidding.

smile - my family had an X11, the first car I ever did any hoonage in.  Still remember skidding completely sideways to a stop when I came around a blind curve to a line of stopped cars.

IIRC it was actually dominant in its SCCA showroom stock class, until it was beaten out by, get this, the Renault Fuego!

- shortest Dorifto Dog

Had the most infectious TV jingle ever...."It's the first Chevy of the Eighties! It's the first Chevy of it's kind! It's the first Chevy of the Eighties....this could be the car you've had in mind!.....stuck in my head for months....almost bought one, 'till the test drive....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

After changing our radiator Saturday night, we finally got our car to stay cool so I think we have a better shot at an Overall win. 

Congrats to Sergio on a great race in their SHO.

Looking forward to No Problem.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

BlackSheep1 wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

...This is a VERY good point....if you want to WIN....you must be seriously dedicated....super quick driver changes-pit stops...perfect strategy & good luck...all of which are ANTI-lemons....

I don't think having fun and wanting to win have to be mutually exclusive. or "ANTI-lemons."

We have fun with the judges, take our penalties without complaining, laugh at the people in the penalty box (including ourselves), and have bonded with just about every team we have met.  We get that.

BUT, we also want to win.  We have tweaked our car for what we consider the balance between performance and reliability.  We think about how long each drive needs to stay out, our pit stops, when to refuel, and constantly are talking to the driver during the race to see if any of our plans need to be modified on the fly.

I think the teams that think you have to only do one or the other are the ones missing out.  If you don’t care about winning, that’s cool, but don’t look down on another team just because they don’t have the same goals as you.

I agree 100%! We are there to win. But we have just as much fun as any other team at every race. Hell we are partying till 5am on Friday night breaking each others legs! We have fun with the judges and always have some bribe for them even though we have a Z and dont need it. We help out any team that needs something we have, even if your beating us we will help you. But our #1 goal is to WIN and I dont feel that by having that as our goal we are sacrificing any part of the Lemons spirit!

We're just glad you let us race with you all.  Winning?  I think we celebrated as much as the winners at Thunderhill for our 49th finish.  And that's cool.

Best of luck to all you "real" racers next weekend!

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

forddragracer wrote:

odd no one has mentioned a mustang.......or a lincoln

Police Brutality will one day win with the Mark VIII... if I can somehow remember that going four wheels off is a bad thing... and we can keep brakes working in the car...

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

43 (edited by Serj 2010-02-24 10:07 PM)

I think any car, with the right drivers, a healthy dose of luck, and keeping the car away from mechanical issues has a good chance of winning. I mean, hell, I was amazed we were still in the top 10 after sunday quiet time @ Southern Discomfort...with a FWD buick with a Dragon's head and stock suspension on it.

I was running 4th at the end of my first saturday stint at CMP09 Spring south in a crown vic.

These cars are HEAVY compared to 80% of the typical Lemons field, so, just imagine if we could cut another 600lbs out! (damn fenders rule)

Bonedriver wrote:
forddragracer wrote:

Police Brutality will one day win with the Mark VIII... if I can somehow remember that going four wheels off is a bad thing... and we can keep brakes working in the car...

odd, we hammered the brakes all weekend, no problems.
no, i have no idea what the pads are, but they never faded on me once, even when it was dry,and i was hitting close to 120 on the back straight.

forddragracer wrote:
Bonedriver wrote:
forddragracer wrote:

odd, we hammered the brakes all weekend, no problems.
no, i have no idea what the pads are, but they never faded on me once, even when it was dry,and i was hitting close to 120 on the back straight.

Bonedriver's talking about CMP from what I know. they had rear caliper issues. Aside from that, CMP has a reputation for eating brakes. the top speeds are a little lower that what you're posting afaik, but the last and first turns you really have to bring the car down before getting on it again if you want to do well.

Your car is considerably different from ours. I doubt, for example, that yours ran dirt track races for over a year before getting beaten mercilessly in Lemons...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Or that your pads were on their THIRD Lemons race. big_smile

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:

Or that your pads were on their THIRD Lemons race. big_smile

Don't complain about self inflicted wounds.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Stop hitting yourself!
Stop hitting yourself!
Stop hitting yourself!

MOM!!!!

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

DaveH wrote:

Craptation.

Not kidding.

We definitely have a shot at the IOE, not sure about an overall win.   We have a lot of work to do on that horrifically shitty car.  There's almost nothing right with it except a good cage.  LOL   I can't get over how ugly it is and that it booted my Elise out of the garage.  sad

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)