Topic: SHO Wins Lemons!

Incredible! Our team worked perfectly. No mistakes or black flags, a bit of luck and we made Lemons history.

What can I say about the car? It must have been built on a Wednesday. smile

Now it's time to get ready for New Orleans.

I want to thank Jay and company for coming up with this series. Giving us common folk, Mario Andretti wanna be's, a chance to race wheel 2 wheel without breaking the bank.

Re: SHO Wins Lemons!

congratulations...I hope the streak of unlikely winners continues at Sears Pointless.... 

I gotta admit I thought a SHO would make a great Lemons car...& was surprised at  how poor their record was.....which makes your accomplishment all the better!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

*golf clap*

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

Congrats smile

Mike N
team JB Weld ('97 Pontiac Grand Prix)
team eLemonators ('91 Toyota Celica - retired)

I blame Ezra ! ! !

Justice...with a smile.

icemang17 wrote:

congratulations...I hope the streak of unlikely winners continues at Sears Pointless.... 

I gotta admit I thought a SHO would make a great Lemons car...& was surprised at  how poor their record was.....which makes your accomplishment all the better!

We all thought the car could do it, but it's hard to test the car for hours at a time. A HPDE day won't do it, sessions are too short. So race day is the test sesion. Learn what breaks and fix it for the next one.

I was lucky to start the first Yee Haa Tx race with the El Toro Loco team SHO. Boy were we ignorant then! Went to the race with a knocking engine and a higher than normal water temp. We said lets race anyway. 30 minutes of racing the water temp is in the red and water is spraying on the windshield. The engine never ran cool the rest of the day. At 5pm it blowed up. Not really the engines fault, we dumbasses didn't fix the running hot problem before we got there. There starts the marathon engine swap into the late night.

Then I got together with Team Zip Tie because they are here in Houston. Raced with them, but with 6 drivers you don't get much seat time.

So I got my own team. Went over everything I know that's weak on a SHO to make sure it was good. For the first race in New Orleans the AC even worked! Drove the car to the track raced it and drove it home. I said if it blows we get a U-Haul and tow it home. Finished 6th with one penalty.

At the Oct MRSH race I pulled a impossible dive bomb pass that ended up hitting 2 cars. Thankfully I hit them where they could continue. Me bent inner tierod. And I got an ass chewing by James R. the safety steward. He was at the corner and saw it happen. So no second hand info for him. He saw me screw up. He put us on double secret probation for the rest of the day. One more black flag for anything on Saturday and we were done. I told the other guys I'm not driving anymore today. The best part was we were in 2nd when I did that. But I didn't know it, because if I had I wouldn't have tried a stupid move like that. After fixing the tierod we were like 65th. By the end Sunday we got back to 25th. The lesson for this race was, check the timesheets every hour so you know where you are. And of course no low percentage passes.

We'll see if we can proove in N.O. that the win wasn't just a fluke.

icemang17 wrote:

I agree, I thought that too, it is old enough to be had for $500 and it has a stout motor, decent handling, it is a different (i.e "Lemons worthy"), but I guess they just can't stand for hard driving that many hours.  Good job!!

Congratulation Sergio, great race.

sergio wrote:

We'll see if we can proove in N.O. that the win wasn't just a fluke.

We will be doing our best to get our Z to the podium at No Problem to break the Z curse.

Like you we have tested the car and it's amazing how many things are good for 30 minutes and go down the crapper after 45.

We started running hot a little over 2 hours into Saturday.  We nursed the Z along but we were falling farther and farther behind the leaders.

I managed to get a new radiator Saturday night and we've been running nice and cool since.  Hopefully we will be giving you and the rest of the pack a good run for the Nickels at No Problem.

Congrats again.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

Hopefully we will be giving you and the rest of the pack a good run for the Nickels at No Problem.

So long as it doesn't rain ...

Congrats Sergio!

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

The Americans and Japanese finally come together to make a winner.  *sniff* Brings a tear to my eye.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

P.S. Congrats

YesIFit wrote:
Troy wrote:

Hopefully we will be giving you and the rest of the pack a good run for the Nickels at No Problem.

So long as it doesn't rain ...

Congrats Sergio!

Thanks you guys.

The track surface at NPR is so rough that it will probably have the same traction wet as it does dry.

I sure wish we were faster, we didn't have not one mechanical issue, and I could have driven it there and home as well. But, this ain't about me, so I say CONGRATS TO SERGIO, HIS TEAMMATES, AND THE RRRR-SHO

Rudy - rudedog - Team Fall Guy Stuntman Association

congratz to you guys, def a sleeper getting into the lead I never noticed til it came over the radio.

so whats next? ghettocharging to really drive home a point?