Topic: Dare you to show up as "Team Nobody Deserves It This Time"

So I'm a little confused about why nobody gets crushed these days. Is an actual majority (over 50%) of ballots really saying 'nobody', or is it just that the biggest majority but not an overall majority for 'nobody'. I think if over %50 percent voted for anybody besides nobody, then SOMEBODY should be cursed.

For example:
30% Nobody
25% Cheat'nist Cheat-mobile
20% Wig-wearers Anonymous
15% 5 Gears In Reverse
10% Miscellaneous others

There was not a consensus on WHO should be cursed, but the majority is that SOMEONE should be cursed.

Re: Dare you to show up as "Team Nobody Deserves It This Time"

It's because not casting a vote constitutes a vote for "nobody." This rule was adopted after the fiasco at Nelson Ledges when the 944 got something like 12 votes and got cursed, but most of the teams at the race didn't even cast a ballot.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

random_tox wrote:

So I'm a little confused about why nobody gets crushed these days. Is an actual majority (over 50%) of ballots really saying 'nobody', or is it just that the biggest majority but not an overall majority for 'nobody'. I think if over %50 percent voted for anybody besides nobody, then SOMEBODY should be cursed.

For example:
30% Nobody
25% Cheat'nist Cheat-mobile
20% Wig-wearers Anonymous
15% 5 Gears In Reverse
10% Miscellaneous others

There was not a consensus on WHO should be cursed, but the majority is that SOMEONE should be cursed.

Then let's crush your car or start your own series.

Why is this so hard?

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

I guess it means nobody is pissing enough people off on course!

We bring excavator to california races and haven't used it IN A FEW RACES .
Ryan The operator is depressed about it !!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

5 (edited by ifb_mole 2010-02-24 04:46 PM)

fabtoys wrote:

I guess it means nobody is pissing enough people off on course!

We bring excavator to california races and haven't used it IN A FEW RACES .
Ryan The operator is depressed about it !!

Chris, you're right, just the fear of your car potentially getting crushed is enough to keep the driving a bit more civilized to the point that nobody is such a dickhead they deserve crushing.  Doesn't mean it won't happen at Infineon so Ryan needs to be ready, one just never knows.

We came within two votes of crushing the Endurance Karting Miata at the last CMP race.

Were they driving like dickheads?

I think we should just crush a car that has 5000 lap penalty right after judges tell them there penalty laps

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER

The risk of being crushed is a great check/balance to keep the too serious away from 24HL. Brilliant feature. Bravo.

Watching cars get crushed is fun. More so when a team of asses was driving the car.

ecugrad wrote:

Then let's crush your car or start your own series.

Why is this so hard?

I've been happy to sign up every race knowing claiming and cursing was a risk of the event. If my car/team is deserving, by all means crush it. But in the analogy of boy scouts running from the bear (the bear = the curse) only the single, fattest, slowest boy scout is going to be eaten, I figure I run pretty close to the head of the troop, as tempting as it is to relax a bit and just stay ahead of chubby back there.

I have voted for nobody at most races. A few races though I was surprised that nobody edged out the next three top contenders.

So anywho, enough of this defense. Is there an official answer? Does abstaining from voting count as "nobody" and does "nobody" win with less than a 50% majority?

Its Crazy how or I don't think the fastest /winning race  car was cursed!

random_tox wrote:

But in the analogy of boy scouts running from the bear (the bear = the curse) only the single, fattest, slowest boy scout is going to be eaten, I figure I run pretty close to the head of the troop, as tempting as it is to relax a bit and just stay ahead of chubby back there.

That's the way society used to work. The fat kid got smart and carries a pellet gun. Now he shoots the fast running jerk in the thigh and passes him as he cries on the ground.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"