Topic: North Dallas Hoopty: something is definatly getting crushed.

We want to give our mx6 a warriors death. We debated on dropping it off at the crusher, putting it up in the free section on CL, but the best idea we could muster is draggin it to the North Dallas Hoopty and letting it go out in a blaze of glory (well, maybe just getting ripped apart and crushed)

So, assuming Jay is cool with it, we are going to bring it out in June for some entertainment.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Re: North Dallas Hoopty: something is definatly getting crushed.

You Bastards!  That's my idea for the end of My Little Pony.

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

So here's what we should do (assuming that the Almighty Judges and the Chief Perp are cool with this) - we should set up a pole and vote on who gets the honor of the crusher.  I feel that the My Little Pony car is far better candidate because it was, for several memorable races, a Lemons contender.  It debuted in Houston, blew up in Louisiana, shined briefly at Nelson Ledges until munching a clutch cable, and performed solidly in its final race in Houston.

I was sad that the car was retired, and I'm sad that I'm going to miss its last hurrah.

Go Pinky!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Wait, hold the phone... I post this cool thing up, and suddenly it becomes a WHO DESERVES To get crushed MORE? That is what voting at the events is for. Brian has had the car ready to crush for months, he could have brought it to Houston.  How is there any debate at all?

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

Or we could do a first like Texas always does... and crush two cars with two piece of equipment... Nothing like watching two excavators play tug of war with a car.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Two-fer! Use the MX-6 to crush the Pony!
(lemme hear your best Redneck "woooooooo!!!!")

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

I had considered bringing a sacrificial lamb to Oct 09.

Now with No One Deserves It, you really have to earn the Curse.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

You're gonna kill you IOE car?!

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

9 (edited by doctawife 2010-02-25 09:21 AM)

Baron wrote:

Wait, hold the phone... I post this cool thing up, and suddenly it becomes a WHO DESERVES To get crushed MORE? That is what voting at the events is for. Brian has had the car ready to crush for months, he could have brought it to Houston.  How is there any debate at all?

I bet we can get both cars crushed with judicious use of forum pressure.   But, even if we can't, I still defend my position.

The reason Brian didn't bring My Little Pony to MSR is simple - towing.  He can only tow one vehicle at a time, and he's not going to tow the non-viable vehicle 4 hours south to Houston.  He did bring MLP's old engine and tranny down, which is a good thing.  The Fairmont's engine ass-ploded during tech and tune.  So essentially, MLP's guts live on.  That doesn't mean the body/cage/frame don't deserve destruction.

We all love a good crush, and we're all silly people.  If we weren't silly, we wouldn't like Lemons so much.  So... yeah.  Let's make getting crushed a honor.  It is the ultimate way to depart from your car.  It's fun.  It's loud.  It's fantastic. 

So here is my proposal: if a car needs crushing due to ass-hattery by current rules, that car should be crushed.  If no car dives poorly enough to be crushed, a volunteer car should be eligible.  If more than one car is offering up its neck, the car with the most votes for crushing should go under the knife.  If voting hasn't be done (eg no poll on the forums or no paper voting) any car that actually saw Lemons action should be crushed first.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

doctawife wrote:
Baron wrote:

I bet we can get both cars crushed with judicious use of forum pressure.   But, even if we can't, I still defend my position.

The reason Brian didn't bring My Little Pony to MSR is simple - towing.  He can only tow one vehicle at a time, and he's not going to tow the non-viable vehicle 4 hours south to Houston.  He did bring MLP's old engine and tranny down, which is a good thing.  The Fairmont's engine ass-ploded during tech and tune.  So essentially, MLP's guts live on.  That doesn't mean the body/cage/frame don't deserve destruction.

We all love a good crush, and we're all silly people.  If we weren't silly, we wouldn't like Lemons so much.  So... yeah.  Let's make getting crushed a honor.  It is the ultimate way to depart from your car.  It's fun.  It's loud.  It's fantastic. 

So here is my proposal: if a car needs crushing due to ass-hattery by current rules, that car should be crushed.  If no car dives poorly enough to be crushed, a volunteer car should be eligible.  If more than one car is offering up its neck, the car with the most votes for crushing should go under the knife.  If voting hasn't be done (eg no poll on the forums or no paper voting) any car that actually saw Lemons action should be crushed first.

Wait, let me ask you this: how many races have we been to with this car? Maybe you havent paid much attention, but this car is like Lt Dan's heritage on Forest Gump; it has had catastrophic failures at the 3 MSR races that we have brought it to. Are you telling me that Brian's car is MORE WORTHY than ours?

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

At South Fall 09, they crushed 2 marooned cars, no problems.

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

Baron wrote:
doctawife wrote:
Baron wrote:

Wait, let me ask you this: how many races have we been to with this car? Maybe you havent paid much attention, but this car is like Lt Dan's heritage on Forest Gump; it has had catastrophic failures at the 3 MSR races that we have brought it to. Are you telling me that Brian's car is MORE WORTHY than ours?

I've found pics of your car.  It seems to have blown up early and often.

I'm sorry.  I'm sure that when it ran, it ruled.  And I'm sure you put blood, sweat and tears into that mother.  I'm sorry it didn't pay off.  I hope you had fun anyway.

However, I have a huge soft spot for 'Pinky'.  It's the car that convinced by best friend that I wasn't crazy for liking this stuff.  It's the car I drove at 3am at Nelson Ledges.  It's the car that had junkyard tires on it during its first race.  It's how I learned to like self tappers.  I found the racing line in MLP.  I've already forgotten the line, but I haven't forgotten the feeling.

So YES, as far as I'm concerned it's more worthy.

That's why I thought a vote would be great.  Because if it were up to me, I'd vote My Little Pony and be done.  But that's why the Powers that Be haven't given me any power.

Subjective?  Yes!  Ultimately my decision?  No!  That's for the judges, and maybe, if they let us, the forum to decide.

Riktor wrote:
Troy wrote:

You're gonna kill you IOE car?!

HELL NO!  I would hate to see the Z get crushed.

I hate to see anyone's good car get crushed.  I think only people who have actually built a Lemons car with their own hands, blood and sweat should be able to vote on a Curse.

I've was voting for Jays rental by our second race (2/09).  I know the time, money and effort involved in building one of these cars.  Even an E30 or Miata is a challenge.

It's easy to sit back in the Peanut Gallery or Arrive and Drive spots and say that car deserves to be crushed.  I hate to think about how many cars got crushed because of a bad driver or two on a team and the mob mentality that some car must die.

The Nelson Ledges was a prime example of what was wrong with the Curse.  Now you really have to earn it and I hope I never do.

Regarding bringing in sacrificial Lambs, I say the more the merrier.  I would have brought one of the heaps I had laying around in Oct 2009 but as Doctawife said, I can only tow one car at a time and No Votes counted for No One Deserves It.

We did trailer two cars but the second was the Limo.

Many old cars cages don't pass tech so there may be a surge in potential crush candidates for a while.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

I'm going to steal a line from someone, but "Can I has thermite car?"

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

jw33 wrote:

I'm going to steal a line from someone, but "Can I has thermite car?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOPOaeooTXw

Sons of STIG

ecugrad wrote:

Shush, you! The Texans are getting into their "don't mess with Texas/everything's bigger in Texas" chest-pounding, and they don't want to hear that something's been done before!

Besides, everyone knows, if they crush 2 cars in Texas, it'll be the greatest thing the world has ever seen and will garner world-wide media attention. wink

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:
ecugrad wrote:

Shush, you! The Texans are getting into their "don't mess with Texas/everything's bigger in Texas" chest-pounding, and they don't want to hear that something's been done before!

Besides, everyone knows, if they crush 2 cars in Texas, it'll be the greatest thing the world has ever seen and will garner world-wide media attention. wink

So you've been here before...

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

ronman wrote:
ecugrad wrote:

Thanks for the news flash... We'll make it four then.

Sons of STIG

I have been invited by the Lemons crew to be a guest judge in Eagles Canyon. 

My vote, 3 cars and Mariachi Band.

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

http://www.hotpep.com/Hot%20Peppers/Assets/band%20photos/mim2_mariachi.jpg

You're buying right?

Sons of STIG

Riktor wrote:
H.K. Phooey wrote:

http://www.hotpep.com/Hot%20Peppers/Ass … riachi.jpg

You're buying right?

Which one are you?  Oh and my vote does not count on the # of cars but I like the idea of two cars and a Mariachi Band.

Justice...with a smile.

You're going to crush a Mariachi band?! yikes

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:

You're going to crush a Mariachi band?! yikes

Nope but I like your way of thinking smile

Justice...with a smile.

Agreed