Topic: Which car will win Sears Pointless......

With the current trend of Horrible Lemons cars that are well documented to fail miserably Lemons racing winning.....it has me thinking about previously doomed whips that now have a chance at taking the prize due to the Lemons gods smiling upon them..... 

A saab turbo won

A taurus SHO won

As much as I would prefer a Porsche Estate to win.....I would say it is time for a Z to pull off a miracle....  Maybe with a much maligned MR2 in 2nd....

Whats you prediction (DON'T PICK YOUR CAR...thats no fun)

Does Z really equal Zero?

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Re: Which car will win Sears Pointless......

Fiat.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

Is eyesore running the same Miata there?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Peugot

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

Speedycop wrote:

Is eyesore running the same Miata there?

They'll be hard to beat

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

My personal opinion is that the winning car of any given race should be given a "winner's penalty" in the next race equal to the number of laps they won by. If a given car was far ahead of the pack, that would equalize things a bit for the rest of the field, preventing a super dominant car from repeating again and again.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

The Italian Stallions X1/9 could totally take the win; that car is fast, the drivers are good, and it hasn't been as unreliable as you might think. Well, fine, it has been hella unreliable, but so have Saabs and SHOs!

The Altamont-vet Formula BMW (aka "Pink Pig" E30) has finished in the top 5 god-knows-how-many times, so it will be worth keeping an eye on that car as well.

Eyesore might be considered a favorite, but we may have to pile on vast quantities of BS laps... unless they make a solemn promise to build a new car and go for the IOE.

That's exactly what happened to us last time we won (2-lap win, 2-lap penalty), and we're pretty much expecting the same thing at Sears. Only thing is, Sears point laps are about twice as long as those dinky Phoenix laps, so we're hoping we can take our lumps in miles instead of laps. That still puts us hopelessly behind for a win, but gives us some hope of clawing our way back into the top 10. Fingers crossed...

-Dave

Don't count out the Geo-U812 (the car formerly known as the Geo Metro Gnome).  A new theme ought to do the trick for us this time.  That and a large collection of junkyard half shafts....

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

we won by 43 seconds and got 5 laps next race.  now we felt this was waaaaaaaay more than fair and to prove our appreciation we blew a head gasket by 4PM on saturday.

i tilt my cold adult beverage to the benevolence of The Court.  Cheers!  smile

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

What's this "win" thing?

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

So...  If you win a race and are trying to avoid BS laps in the next one you enter, would bribing the judges in nickels be a good idea or a bad idea?

Vexorg wrote:

So...  If you win a race and are trying to avoid BS laps in the next one you enter, would bribing the judges in nickels be a good idea or a bad idea?

That would be a horrible idea

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

A Z will win Infenion.

/thread

I'd say a P71 Crown Vic will win Thunderhill (Reno), but my other three drivers for that race have never raced before. Yeah, not likely...

wrappedinbacon wrote:

Fiat.

Thanks for the vote Kyle! We'll be flying our Fiat flag with pride!

Just another crappy BMW and moto-powered MR2: http://www.facebook.com/BlackIronRacing
Gnome money, Gnome problems. (RIP) http://www.facebook.com/MetroGnomeRacing

Vexorg wrote:

They prefer PENNIES or PESOS in a equal market exchange value...

Speedycop wrote:

My personal opinion is that the winning car of any given race should be given a "winner's penalty" in the next race equal to the number of laps they won by. If a given car was far ahead of the pack, that would equalize things a bit for the rest of the field, preventing a super dominant car from repeating again and again.

WOAH WOAH WOAH... you're suggesting Lemons cars are consistant from race to race...

soldmystang wrote:

we won by 43 seconds and got 5 laps next race.  now we felt this was waaaaaaaay more than fair and to prove our appreciation we blew a head gasket by 4PM on saturday.

i tilt my cold adult beverage to the benevolence of The Court.  Cheers!  smile

Point proven...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Citroen

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

Riktor wrote:
Speedycop wrote:

WOAH WOAH WOAH... you're suggesting Lemons cars are consistant from race to race...
Point proven...

Eyesore is consistantly fast and reliable, right? Don't they have two overall wins? Kudos to them, they totally deserve it. My point and my opinion was only that one car should not dominate. If a given car spanks the field by a huge margin, they should have an equal penalty upon their return. If a dominant car were to sandbag, of course they run the risk of that backfiring in a big way (black flag/flat tire, etc.). Seems that the winners don't take any issue with this, and although I had no idea, it seems the judges feel similarly. No point is proven, any car can fail at any time. That doesn't mean you ignore a dominant car because it might break.

Speedycop wrote:
Riktor wrote:
Speedycop wrote:

Point proven...

Eyesore is consistantly fast and reliable, right? Don't they have two overall wins? Kudos to them, they totally deserve it. My point and my opinion was only that one car should not dominate. If a given car spanks the field by a huge margin, they should have an equal penalty upon their return. If a dominant car were to sandbag, of course they run the risk of that backfiring in a big way (black flag/flat tire, etc.). Seems that the winners don't take any issue with this, and although I had no idea, it seems the judges feel similarly. No point is proven, any car can fail at any time. That doesn't mean you ignore a dominant car because it might break.

True... maybe a three strike rule? Three wins and they are forced to build another car or their car gets crushed on the fourth win?\

$4500 in nickles can build another lemonator... Not to mention they would be under an EXTREME microscope.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

tempo

Gembesties Racing
FB.me/gembesties
Denver/Sacremento

Looks like the pressure is already on for that, Riktor. Johnny and Phil wanna see Eyesore build a new car for IOE, now that they have the overall thing figured out. I don't think the Miata would stand a chance with a gazillion penalty laps, no matter how clean they drive...

Eyesore definitely IS the team to beat on the west coast.....no question......their record speaks for itself......

However......a miata is almost too easy to win with in Lemons......they are an extremely proven endurance racing platform.......that and E30's are the only "real" (As in they have spec racers series for just them) race cars in Lemons.....  You could argue Z's and RX7's are similar...but don't have the reliability that the miata or E30 does.....

Whats really disturbing is the fact that I want to BEAT eyesore....and not by them breaking down or having penalty laps....  I would consider it an accomplishment to beat them straight up....if you want to be the best, you gotta beat the best & right now Eyesore IS the best!! 

It can be done as Panamoium proved at Arse Freeze......

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

What do mean by 'beat'?

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

trekkor wrote:

What do mean by 'beat'?

KT

With a stick is what I meant....  :>)  Since there is no way to beat them in the race!!!!

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2