1 (edited by Tim_ 2019-06-06 07:52 AM)

Topic: Is there a NJMP 2019 thread? If not, then this is the NJMP 2019 thread

Is there no NJMP thread or are we taking this to the Pot Luck thread?

Just wanted to say that after taking the 2018 season off, the Turtle Eclipse of the Heart will finally be making a comeback at NJMP. We last raced on the Lightning circuit back in 2012, back when TPM was still racing the Sea Sprite.  Fingers crossed for a trouble free race. It may happen eventually! We'll be rolling up Friday morning to get the car sorted out during the track session.

I was lucky to find a seat with @RobL 's Mustang team last year and had a great time.

See you all there!

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse - "Turtle Eclipse of the Heart" - awarded Best Team Name Ever
Reserve Driver for "Schumacher Taxi Service: My Little Pony Car" - foxbody Mustang

Re: Is there a NJMP 2019 thread? If not, then this is the NJMP 2019 thread

I'm putting the final touches on my personal preps to head to the track.  The car is loaded up, spare parts loaded up, now it's me and my stuff.  Here's hoping our Frankenvette runs more than 24 Minutes of Lemons this time!

Hey folks, Mike here. I'm the guy who flipped several time near the end of Sunday. If anyone has video of the incident I would really appreciate  getting a copy. I'd love to see what the hell happened. Thanks. Send me a link or file to mike@eandbventures.com.  I am fine by the way.

Mike E
Seems Legit Racing
#555 '95 Cavalier
#666 '96 Cavailier Z24

Mike, glad to hear you are alright.  I saw a pic of the aftermath, and it wasn't pretty.  We had our own tough luck, but our car is probably fixable.

Here is an iphone grab of the in-car footage of the #609 Focus and BMW crash.

https://youtu.be/BNukttThmvI

And here is our hood footage.  Carnage begins at 11:45.

https://youtu.be/2633Aqq4JMk

What the hell was that BMW driver thinking? Did they at least apologize?

Takata R&D :: 1993 Accord - team captain - rear drum brakes lol
GoPro 360 Heros :: BMW E28  - co-captain

The good in-car.

https://youtu.be/W37sY8GaluU

A team member came over to apologize.  Shit happens, but they were looking for an accident all weekend.  Sucks for us.  Parts car shopping now.  We'll take the Focus to a frame shop to see what can be pulled straight, and replace what can't.  THE CHEESEBOLT ENTERPRISES #609 SHALL RISE AGAIN!

That BMW driver needs a talking to... Fully on the grass trying to take an inside pass? Asking for an accident for sure.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

We didn't get much track time in this weekend, but it seemed like it may have been crazy out there in between peaks from under the hood.  Tons of caution and more than one red flag, lots of front end damaged cars coming back in.  Was it really that bad out there or did it just look it?

NJMP '11--#132 (Speedycop), NJMP '12 to '16--#215 (Philthy Motorsports), NJMP '16--#75 Most Heroic Fix, NJMP '17--#75 (still drying out), NJMP '18--#75, NHMS '18 - #75 Datsun 510

That Hazzard team was driving like that all weekend (or at least SOME of their drivers from what I experienced). There were quite a few teams driving like that actually.  Never ends well when you're driving like hell to win 34th place. On another note, Mike (666) glad you're ok no matter who's fault it was. God bless that cage!!!

Glad everyone was ok.

If anyone has any footage of the #254 (fast Z big wing on the roof car) T-bone our #36 (slow a$$, staying out of everyone's way car) please let me know.  I have our in-car I will figure out how to post, I hope.....

Also, if anyone has a line on a 1958 Sunbeam Rapier drivers door, maybe a fender too, that would be great.

Bill

2020 I.O.E. CT #36 The Rootes Of All Evil,1958 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (YES 1958!!) & 2019 Judges Choice NJMP
2016 Thompson Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

Anyone have the final Race Monitor results?

They all go up on the speedhive page (owned by MyLaps who makes the transponders), usually sometime inside a week after the event. You may need to create a free account to view.

NJ here. https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/5407554

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

It seemed like most of the damage was caused by poor flagging.  Yellow at one stand, nothing at the next, go over a hill at full throttle and dead stop traffic with another yellow causing cars to be rear ended.  In general I thought the driving was typical NJ.  Some aggressiveness, a few that may really piss you off, but in general cars gave room to pass.  A few of the turns seemed to always have traffic, such as the left after the bridge.  Watching the race from the stands there you could see someone go off every few laps.  The flaggers there literally had their backs to the track and they failed to put out white flags for emergency vehicles.   

I didn't see that the Sunbeam got hit, that's terrible.  You, the Hudson, and some others did a good job of staying to the side and trying to avoid traffic.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

15 (edited by RobL 2019-06-10 09:04 AM)

Nevermind

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Anyone see what happened between the white and blue golf and the student driver honda?

17 (edited by Joe Regulator 2019-06-10 11:11 AM)

I have some clean video of both the Driving School Prelude crash and the "Pass in the Grass" e36 that I will post here as soon as I can.

Here is the #102 e36 passing on the grass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-6pCFVaw_I

Here is the unfortunate #28 Prelude crash following the #77 VW spin:
https://youtu.be/vUCe1-Z2P9w

Chief Gadget Inspector
Fifteen-time Loser
S13 240SX (bent)

I thought someone said a car rolled? That doesn’t look like a roll and it clearly wasn’t his fault if he did, glad to hear everyone was okay.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:

I thought someone said a car rolled? That doesn’t look like a roll and it clearly wasn’t his fault if he did, glad to hear everyone was okay.

Another incident...  There was a car that rolled.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

chaase wrote:

It was the #666 car. Driver has posted here:

Malgandalf wrote:

Hey folks, Mike here. I'm the guy who flipped several time near the end of Sunday. If anyone has video of the incident I would really appreciate  getting a copy. I'd love to see what the hell happened. Thanks. Send me a link or file to mike@eandbventures.com.  I am fine by the way.

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse - "Turtle Eclipse of the Heart" - awarded Best Team Name Ever
Reserve Driver for "Schumacher Taxi Service: My Little Pony Car" - foxbody Mustang

Tim_ wrote:
chaase wrote:

It was the #666 car. Driver has posted here:

Malgandalf wrote:

That;s what confused me. Video posted was a different incident.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

22 (edited by chaase 2019-06-10 02:27 PM)

Malgandalf wrote:

Here is the video posted on Facebook. Unfortunately, this looks like an ill advised pass attempt. Car #945 was hugging the inside line. Car #47 was passing on the left. For some reason, car #666 tried to squeeze in between. I don't know if car #47 closed the door on #666 but it was a pretty sketchy pass attempt from this angle.

Car #666 hit and damaged car #945 front end and car #666 back tires touched car #945's front tire and that sent car #666 into the air. Stuff like this is the main reasons the car tires must be inside the body line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49bU5HC … ture=share

Malgandalf wrote:

Hey Mike, Glad youre ok. You crashed right as we were leaving so I didnt get a chance to say anything afterwards. Looked like a rough ride by the looks of the car.
Good hanging out with you guys a bit this weekend. Thanks for the help.

Paul
'Baby Rooth"

Mike, glad you are ok, the aftermath of that roll looked scary. It looks like your back right tire touched their front left as you tried to cut over and you basically pit maneuvered yourself, probably not a wise pass but its racing, it happens. Again, glad the safety gear did its job and you are OK.

The orange bmw on the other hand, their was never more than a half car width inside the focus and the focus was clearly holding the inside line. From the in car footage you can clearly see in the side view mirror he pulled out into the grass to make the pass when he had no business doing it. I'm sure he tried to tell the judges he was going inside and the focus closed the door on him and he had no choice but the video shows otherwise.

Ban that driver or I will lose a lot of confidence in the Lemons judges to keep us safe and have to consider whether I want to continue to participate.

That video also shows why you don’t run with busted armco. That focus stopped on a DIME. If we still didn’t mandate HANS that could have been a killer.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport