Topic: Brake bias location

Rules state

3.F.6 Fuel, Oil, and Coolant in the Cockpit. Any fuel, oil, or coolant reservoirs or lines that are exposed to, or pass through, the driving compartment must be encased by heavy-duty conduit, durable steel or aluminum pipe, or strong metal plate. OE metal lines in good condition in their original location are exempt from this rule, but encasement is still recommended.

Am I correct in assuming this includes brake fluid lines and bias valve?

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

Re: Brake bias location

Brake fluid is neither Fuel, Oil, or coolant. You will however want to be careful with it because you don’t want to crush or puncture it, so be smart about routing.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I run a bias control next the driver so they can see it and adjust it on the track.

DRVOLKS wrote:

I run a bias control next the driver so they can see it and adjust it on the track.

You trust your drivers way more than I do.  I am a fanatic about good brakes and am willing to take feedback from all the drivers on how they perform but I really would rather none of them messing with something like while on the track.  The odds of them getting it "right" verses just making it different for the next guy that gets in the car are just not good.

^^ totally agree. Just takes one guy who is light on the brakes to up the rear bias too far and send the next driver spinning when they stand on them. Dialing in on test day, sure, but variables changing in the middle of a race is bad.

however, I've seen plenty mounted inside the car, just be smart with where you put them.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Only me or my top driver will dial it in. After that it stays untouched for a long time. But I have seen some cars at the end of  a long race they start to lock up the rear brakes. Next to the drive this would be used to fix it .