Topic: Mazda IDS

I'm working on a new project and the base car is a Mazda that uses the CAN bus and other newfangled electronic gizmos.

I did some digging and it looks like I need the Mazda IDS software to interface with my computer and send commands to the car to reset thing and whatnot. My question is is there an alternative to the $1000 a year subscription to Mazda ISD. I happy to spend some money, but I'm not forking over $1k a year for a tool I uses maybe once every other month at best.

Anyone know of anything? I'm going to assume there is not a "Home Mechanic" that version of the software.

Moot Point Racing - 1991 Volvo 240 - #496

Re: Mazda IDS

Most of the OEM software exists in a patched form that you can download and install and use, if you are comfortable, ah, bending the rules so to speak. I will leave it up to you to determine your own comfort level on that moral question. You'll likely still need to buy a specific hardware scanner to work with it, but after that you're good to go.

Example, there are chinese clones of the GM Tech II available, and all the saab software has long been cracked and distributed. We didn't feel terribly bad downloading it because saab doesn't exist anymore, and on the modern cars it's kind of a requirement to own one for changing out electronic modules when you flood one and ruin it, not that we have experience there or anything. No we defiantly didn't rob a TWICE unit out of my sister's daily, program it into the car so we could finish the race, then put it back so she could drive home.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Yeah I assumed that there were cracked version available for download, however I was hoping there was another option.

I wish auto manufacturers were like some software companies that provide reduced price software for non commercial use.

Moot Point Racing - 1991 Volvo 240 - #496

4 (edited by Lemon_Newton-Metre 2019-09-05 03:57 AM)

TheEngineer wrote:

No we defiantly didn't rob a TWICE unit out of my sister's daily, program it into the car so we could finish the race, then put it back so she could drive home.

Siblings are frequently ideal donors for transplants!

Maybe Lemons was the genesis for "Repo Man Men"?

[I got the reference wrong the first time, sorry].

https://forscan.org/home.html - I used that to play with my Escape Hybrid. Should cover most OBD2 Mazda cars.

K Car Stalker