Topic: Tires

Does anyone know where we can find some 14 inch tires with around 200 treadwear ratings. I have looked all over with very little luck.

Re: Tires

shrimpandboots wrote:

Does anyone know where we can find some 14 inch tires with around 200 treadwear ratings. I have looked all over with very little luck.

You mean used? You can get new Falken Azenis (200 TWR) for dirt cheap.  Discount Tire Direct had a screaming deal on them just a few weeks back too.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Yea i was excited when I found them there for about $40 a tire after the rebate. One problem though, there on national backorder (whatever that means). I have checked with a local tire store and on the internet and can not find any. Seems like with all the BMW crapcans in Lemons more tire companys would have them.

4 (edited by Riktor 2010-03-04 06:42 AM)

Check Here... $56 a piece for new Falken Azenis 615's

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Called ther yesterday. Website indicates they are in stock but the chick on the phone said they were out and did not know when they would get any. That national backorder thing again.

shrimpandboots wrote:

Called ther yesterday. Website indicates they are in stock but the chick on the phone said they were out and did not know when they would get any. That national backorder thing again.

Sucks... Funny how even Falken can't keep up with demand.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

The shortage probably has something to do with the fact that Falken is changing the RT-615 to a new compound, the RT-615K, and we're probably in the gap right now between the old stock running out but the new tires haven't come in yet.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I second Mulry.

I run Toyo T1Rs in a 225/40r14.  They have been discontinued but some are still floating around.  They are over $100 a tire though.

We have 14" and 15" wheels for our early Zs so I an well aware of the crap options in the 14 & 15 sizes.

I recommend trying to find 15" or preferably 17" wheels for your E30.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

I hope they don't do what Hankook did on the RS-2 and drop the RT-615 below 200 treadwear!  Luckily we have one like-new set and another sticker set to start this season.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Jeff G 78 wrote:

I hope they don't do what Hankook did on the RS-2 and drop the RT-615 below 200 treadwear!  Luckily we have one like-new set and another sticker set to start this season.

I'd worry more about a price increase than them lowering the TWR.  Back when Falken switched from the RT-215s to the newer RT-615s, the price jump was significant and people switched to other tires.  Hopefully they don't shoot themselves in the foot with the new compound by jacking up the price.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

11 (edited by shrimpandboots 2010-03-04 09:30 AM)

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Let us rent the sticker set to run at New Orleans. I promise to send the cords back after day one.

No Problem is fun but it's a tire eater.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

No Problem is fun but it's a tire eater.

300+ tread wear recommended?

Sons of STIG

I just talked to NPR and they said the track surface is the same, no changes. Bring your best steel belted radials!!!

shrimpandboots wrote:

I ordered a set online yesterday and they say they have shipped this morning........

250 GTO

I ordered a set of 14" Azenis Monday from Vulcan; and they showed up today.... Get 'em while they are still around -It's hard to beat a $56 race tire.

William
Team SOB

17 (edited by vinzclortho 2010-03-12 08:41 AM)

FYI, I just spoke with Discount Tire Direct about the Azenis RT-615s.  They list as out of stock on their site but the guy says that they have purchased the remainder of the available 615s from Falken which should be arriving today or tomorrow.  I bought 2 full sets of 205/50R15s.  After a bulk discount and the $160 rebate they have, they will be $57.50/tire shipped.  Vulcan was going to be $74/tire shipped.  I'll follow up when/if the tires actually arrive.. but if you guys are in the market for some Azenis, you might want to go for it.  The guy said the newer K-compound tires were going to be significantly more expensive.  I don't have any affiliation with them but the guy was very helpful & knowledgeable about the situation.

Linkage : http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direc … nis+RT-615

EDIT : Tires have shipped.

Swede Sixteen Racing - 85 Volvo 740 - Southern Discomfort '10, South Spring '10, South Fall '10,
Southern Discomfort '11 (GRM Most from the Least Winner), Shine Country Classic '11
Quattro Libre Racing - 82 Audi Quattro - South Fall '09

Dammit, it sounds like they are following in Hankook's footsteps.  It wouldn't surprise me if the treadwear drops below 200.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Update.. Tires have arrived, rebate is being processed.  I had a slight issue with getting the rebate twice using their website.. took a quick call to the rebate center to resolve.

Swede Sixteen Racing - 85 Volvo 740 - Southern Discomfort '10, South Spring '10, South Fall '10,
Southern Discomfort '11 (GRM Most from the Least Winner), Shine Country Classic '11
Quattro Libre Racing - 82 Audi Quattro - South Fall '09

20 (edited by st_rage 2010-03-16 03:41 PM)

I just missed them.  Even though I had placed my order earlier they had put it on hold since they were out of stock.  I was looking for 195/60R14's.  When I called to follow up they did not have any in stock, but did have the new K's for $108ea.  I was offered a set for $90ea since I had placed the order earlier.  New treadware is still 200.  Can't get the rebate on them either...

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

FYI,   We started the Sears Pointless race with two new tires on the front, and two almost new (35 laps) on the back.  We swapped them Sat night, and all 4 are worn out by the end of the race.  We left a lot of rubber on the track!    They are very good for traction!