Re: Lemons South Spring 2010 Webcast

That works for me.

We just need to stay out of the 2.4ghz band.

You have antennas. I have the cameras. Hopefully someone can dig up the transmitters and receivers.

It would be great to get two sets so we can do a roving camera around the penalties. We are planning to have the main cameras in a different place this time to give a better view of the on track action.

We are going to have a camera set up to webcast the tech shed on Friday. We are also going to video team intros and IDs for the event on Friday. We will take all these short videos and play them throughout the webcast on Saturday and Sunday like little commercials. This will be a good way to say something directly to your family and fans watching the event. 

To make this work efficiently we need teams interested in recording intros to let us know so we can make a schedule and get them all shot. Please drop me a note via email to sign up. Trackgeeks at gmail dot com.

Here is what we are going to do...

The ID:

We have a short phrase for you to say for the ID. The team member(s) that is (are) going to say this needs to practice it so you can say the line in 5-6 seconds. This is harder than you might think so practicing is essential.

"We are _____ from ____ and your watching the 24 hours of Lemons from Carolina Motorsports Park"

As an example the Tunachcukers would say:

"We are the TunaChuckers  from Greenville South Carolina and your watching the 24 hours of Lemons from Carolina Motorsports Park"

Team Intros:

Team intros are similar but longer. You have up to 15 seconds to say anything you like (just remember this is a family show). We can help you with sample phrases and ideas if you draw a blank.

As an idea start your team intro using the same format as the ID. Say who you are and where your from. After that plug your sponsors, diss your competition, sing the praises of your family that let you go racing for a weekend. What ever you like.

Just be sure to practice ahead of time. I'm not kidding when I say this isn't easy to do. Especially when you have a time limit.

I encourage everyone that has time to do this. It will add a lot to the webcast.

I like your idea.

What I like about your webcast is the "college radio" feel to it. Please don't take that as a dis. I'm an old gezzer and still listen to Rice University radio, KTRU. The all polished broadcasts of commercial TV-FM radio are boring to me.

sergio wrote:

I like your idea.

What I like about your webcast is the "college radio" feel to it. Please don't take that as a dis. I'm an old gezzer and still listen to Rice University radio, KTRU. The all polished broadcasts of commercial TV-FM radio are boring to me.

You know this is what WE like about doing it too. Its a bit RAW but in a good way.

While we want to be able to offer more views of the race and a better show overall we aren't trying to change it into a "regular" TV show.  It would indeed be boring and in our opinion not in the spirit of the event itself.

We take this 100% as a compliment.

sergio wrote:

I like your idea.

Sergio - are you guys running Lemons South Spring at CMP? I want to make sure we get you guys set up for ID and intro if you're going to be there.

Jon

TrackGeeks_Jon wrote:
sergio wrote:

I like your idea.

Sergio - are you guys running Lemons South Spring at CMP? I want to make sure we get you guys set up for ID and intro if you're going to be there.

Jon

I wish we were there. It's a little too far to go. We are already doing 4 races this year, with a 5th possible.

sergio wrote:
TrackGeeks_Jon wrote:
sergio wrote:

I like your idea.

Jon

I wish we were there. It's a little too far to go. We are already doing 4 races this year, with a 5th possible.

That's too bad!  Well, we'll definitely make sure to give you guys a shout out for the support you provided.  THANKS!

Jon

We are starting to put together the opening video for the Lemons South Spring webcast. and we need YOUR help!

We need video of previous events for the opening video that will be shown at the beginning of the show. We especially need paddock video of cars being worked on or video of you working on the cars before the event. We are also looking for any video of good action on track or in the penalty box. Crashes are spins are especially good to have. Anyone dressed up and representing their theme is good too.

We can use most any format and resolution.

If we use your video we will for sure acknowledge it in the credits.

The wireless video gear is here and working. Looks like we will have live in-car video this year!!

Woo hoo!  Way to go TGs!

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Oh yeah, and by the way,

We are starting to put together the opening video for the Lemons South Spring webcast. and we need YOUR help!

We need video of previous events for the opening video that will be shown at the beginning of the show. We especially need paddock video of cars being worked on or video of you working on the cars before the event. We are also looking for any video of good action on track or in the penalty box. Crashes are spins are especially good to have. Anyone dressed up and representing their theme is good too.

We can use most any format and resolution.

If we use your video we will for sure acknowledge it in the credits.

Anyone?.....  Bueller?

I'm working on ours guys...

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

I'm working on ours guys...

EEEExcellent!!!   Thanks Rob!

Jon

39 (edited by IgnoranteWest 2010-04-28 11:12 PM)

It would be super sweet if you rigged up a scanner to broadcast team transmission audio as well as race control audio during the times when there won't be any announcers... that would add a whole other level of awesomeness to the webcast. 

If you need to borrow one, I'll loan mine.

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

40 (edited by TrackGeeks_Chris 2010-04-29 02:23 AM)

We have that on the list as a surprise for everyone. We are setup to do it now since we have a video/audio mixer. I borrowed my neighbors scanner.

I got the in-car video stuff mounted and tested today. Signs are positive for live in-car video at the race this weekend!!

Sweet!

'74 260Z

Ok folks, here's a little bit of video as a lead-in to the CMP event this weekend.  Hope you enjoy it!   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImbJg2WTK4

Can't wait to watch some this weekend.  Hope the rain lets up a little for you guys.

Scott B
KnoxVegas Leftovers
BetterOffRacing.com

Very artistic.  I can't wait to see live in-car footage.  You guys are awesome.

'74 260Z

Here's a bit of additional information:

What could be better than welding a roll cage into a $500 crap-can and then running the stuffings out of it until either it pukes or you win??

The 24hrs of Lemons is coming to Carolina Motorsports Park this weekend, May 21st – 23rd!  TrackGeeks will be web-casting the event for anyone who wants to watch. And the best part?.....  it’s all free!!!!

Here’s a link to a video we put together to give you an idea of what the event is all about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImbJg2WTK4

We’ll be web-casting the tech inspections on Friday afternoon, the BS judging session/block party Friday night, and then covering the race in it’s entirety, including the penalty box, AND the People’s Curse on Sunday.

If we can get our wires uncrossed we’ll be providing some live in-car coverage during the web-cast and we’ll be covering the People’s Curse with our exclusive Destructo-Cam!!

The web-cast will have a chat room up and running so you can interact with the camera men and the event producers directly. We’ll also be bringing you hourly standings updates as well as live coverage of the pits and paddock area.

If you’re a Lemons fan come check it out this weekend!! Again, no fees involved.

If you’re not familiar with the 24hrs of Lemons go check out the event at:
http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

The web-cast will be available from UStream at the following address:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/24-hour-lemons-south

To post in the chat channel you’ll need to create a user account on UStream. Account creation is free…..We don’t get anything from that either.

By the way, if anyone does want to help us out on paying the bills to put this web-cast on, you can contact us via e-mail and we’ll provide PayPal account info.

Hope you guys enjoy!!!

info@trackgeeks.com

Scoob wrote:

Can't wait to watch some this weekend.  Hope the rain lets up a little for you guys.

Yeah, we're getting really pumped up about it as well!!   As for the rain... let's see...crap-can cars, lots of newbie drivers, 100 cars on a 1 mile track.....  umm, yeah...  rubbin' is racin'!!

I suspect Turn 1 at CMP will have it's fair share of excitement this year!

Great to hear that you're planning on watching the webcast! Remember that we'll be able to interact directly with our viewers via the chat channel.  How cool will that be?  We did that last year as well and got a lot of positive feedback from the experience.

If you want to go ahead an register over on UStream you can do that as well:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/24-hour-lemons-south

Look forward to seeing you this weekend!

Jon

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Very artistic.  I can't wait to see live in-car footage.  You guys are awesome.

"Artistic"......  hmmm....  does that mean you liked it or you thought it was gay and didn't want to offend my delicate sensibilites?   LOL

Hope you can check out the webcast this weekend!

Jon

I watched a bunch of the CMP Fall race last season - it's what got me hooked enough to join up with Schumacher Taxi Service and race there in February.  Excellent job on that webcast.  Interactivity was excellent.

Scott B
KnoxVegas Leftovers
BetterOffRacing.com

Any hope of broadcasting the parade an Friday night?  Or at least recording to show clips during the Sat and Sun festivities?

Scott B
KnoxVegas Leftovers
BetterOffRacing.com