Re: Lemons South Spring 2010 Webcast

Scoob wrote:

I watched a bunch of the CMP Fall race last season - it's what got me hooked enough to join up with Schumacher Taxi Service and race there in February.  Excellent job on that webcast.  Interactivity was excellent.

Cool!  hey man, we'll give you a repeat buyer discount for the webcast...  how's 15% off sound?   So let's see.....  that'd come to.....    hmm....    smile 

Glad to have you!!

We used a number of shots from you guys in the video.  smile  Rob hooked me up on some good footage.

Jon

Scoob wrote:

Any hope of broadcasting the parade an Friday night?  Or at least recording to show clips during the Sat and Sun festivities?

I'm not sure exactly how that's going to work out, but we will be capturing the BS judging over in Camden if at all possible. We plan to webcast the BS judging if we can secure a decent broadband connection.
As for the actual convoy, we'll just have to see how that works out. We should certainly have some good footage captured. Hopefully we'll be able to stay awake long enough to edit some footage down into something useful to display on Sat/Sunday.

We're also going to be roving around on Friday requesting team interviews. We plan to edit some of that footage down and have it available for insertion into the webcast on Sat/Sun. We think it'd be pretty cool to have a picture-in-picture with the live camera following the car around the track while the team interview is rolling in the other frame.

You guys rock, but you know what I'd like to see you guys help with?  How about showing Jay and Co. how to hook-up a monitor outside where we can see real time T&S via the AMB system?

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:

You guys rock, but you know what I'd like to see you guys help with?  How about showing Jay and Co. how to hook-up a monitor outside where we can see real time T&S via the AMB system?

We would be happy, nay, overjoyed to assit messieurs Lamm and company with any technical wizardry they might care to integrate into their wondiferous, fantastical event.

smile   

Jon

TrackGeeks_Jon wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

We would be happy, nay, overjoyed to assit messieurs Lamm and company with any technical wizardry they might care to integrate into their wondiferous, fantastical event.

When I said "help" I really meant "talk Jay into it". smile  I'm no computer geek, but it would seem to me that simply running a dual monitor setup would suffice.  One monitor inside, one outside.

Captain

We plan to webcast it if possible. We will at least record it so we can show the highlights during the webcast during the slow times.

VKZ24 wrote:
TrackGeeks_Jon wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

When I said "help" I really meant "talk Jay into it". smile  I'm no computer geek, but it would seem to me that simply running a dual monitor setup would suffice.  One monitor inside, one outside.

It would also lend itself to providing a lot of "transparency".    ..........just sayin'.

Real time scoring is awesome.  Lemons should be able to do this and it would be a really nice addition.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

Real time scoring is awesome.  Lemons should be able to do this and it would be a really nice addition.

Yeah, I know it could be done.  I've even witnessed it once, but I wouldn't dare mention where. smile

Captain

Its 6am and I'm packing the gear to take to the track for the webcast. The plan is to be there by about lunch time so I can start rebuilding the wireless network at the track with some REAL access points. Then we will assemble the camera platform on the back of the truck.

If all goes well there may be some testing of the connection this afternoon as teams are arriving.

Cant wait for things to get started. smile

TrackGeeks_Chris wrote:

Its 6am and I'm packing the gear to take to the track for the webcast. The plan is to be there by about lunch time so I can start rebuilding the wireless network at the track with some REAL access points. Then we will assemble the camera platform on the back of the truck.

If all goes well there may be some testing of the connection this afternoon as teams are arriving.

Cant wait for things to get started. smile

Well?  What are you waitin' on?  smile

The webcast is LIVE now. You can get a look at the tech shed while we work on our camera platform on the truck.

Thanks for all the viewers. I'll post up some stats as soon as they have completely compiled. Looks like we had over 6000 viewers for the weekend with about 4000 unique.

Hope to see ya in the fall at CMP!!

webcast was very good.  I dropped in on it a few times over the weekend.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

65 (edited by VKZ24 2010-05-24 05:05 AM)

TrackGeeks_Chris wrote:

Thanks for all the viewers. I'll post up some stats as soon as they have completely compiled. Looks like we had over 6000 viewers for the weekend with about 4000 unique.

Hope to see ya in the fall at CMP!!

You guys rock!  My wife couldn't make the race (had to work) so I e-mailed her the link and she watched your coverage on Sunday.  She raved about the live interactive portion and how she knew right where our team stood the whole race.

Thanks very much for spending your whole weekend doing this for us.  It was nice to finally meet you guys as well.

I can't wait to see what you guys will come up with in the fall.  I'm sure the effort will be bigger and better than before.

Captain

For the fall we will have 2 in car cameras. Just need to find the right 2 cars that can chase each other. smile

OR

We could have a front and rear facing camera in the same car.

TrackGeeks_Chris wrote:

For the fall we will have 2 in car cameras. Just need to find the right 2 cars that can chase each other. smile

OR

We could have a front and rear facing camera in the same car.

I think the rear-facing camera should be mounted just above the rear-facing paintball gun.   >:)

Is it possible to see the webcast now that the race is over?

I tried the recorded stream on ustream.tv:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7120052

but it just shows up as a black screen with no audio. sad

Unfortunately you can't. We didn't record the stream. That feature of uStream is buggy for a webcast as long as that one. We did record it locally though and will produce a highlight show. The highlight show will be on uStream and YouTube.

Sweet!  Looking forward to seeing it!

Hey, Chris, can't wait to see the recap.  I heard so many great things from people watching the broadcast---thanks for doing all this.

And thanks for the moonshine!!!!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

Hey, Chris, can't wait to see the recap.  I heard so many great things from people watching the broadcast---thanks for doing all this.

And thanks for the moonshine!!!!

+1000 ---- my wife ("mysty") just loved it. 

I'm in the doghouse by not delivering a beer to you after the race --- LOL

-- John Robertson / Schumacher Taxi Service

Know more about a Craptation, coROLLa and BMW than I ever wanted to!
Stafford 08, CMP Spring/Fall 09, Stafford 09, Nelson Ledges 09, CMP Winter 10, VIR Chump 10, IOE Winning Craptation CMP Spring 2010, and lots more

Great job TG !!! Can't wait to see the recap.

Chris, (and Co.) ... many thaks for an outstanding job.  My wife never goes to the track, but she watched some of your webcast and told me she had no idea that there was actual, real racing going on.

How do you guys fund this ... if it's all out-of-pocket, I vote we pass the hat to help cover your costs.  Also, anything my team can do to help you in the fall, let us know.

Thanks again.

=========================
Trooper Beas - Super Troopers Racing

Big Tuna - Road Warrior Racing
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast you wanna go?"

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Its a team effort all the way around. Erik, Jon, and myself worked to bring the best show to date. We will continue to get better but we don't want it to look like every other event out there. Its going to stay grassroots for as long as we do it. Hopefully the rough edges are endearing and not distracting.

@Johnny - We are self funded. We have dedicated fans donate to help and its most appreciated. One day we hope the webcast can fund itself.

We are planning to do it again in the fall.

One of the best ways a team coming to the Lemons South Fall can help is to grab your camcorder and record yourselves building your car, playing pranks on your teammates, or anything Lemons related you do to get ready for the race. We have really wanted to show what it takes to get to an event. To show this is more of an every-mans (and womans) race than about anything else out there. The stories of what we do on the track start long before the green flag drops. We want to get more of those stories out there.

AND.. If you want drop something in the hat for us we won't say no to that either! smile

It all helps and your TrackGeeks are seriously grateful for it.