1 (edited by MurileeMartin 2010-03-08 09:57 PM)

Topic: Respect for the Mad Maxeltov Capri!

While it's true that the Capri has been in 3 races and done blowed up in every single one, the team totally re-themes for each race. First there was the Dungeons & Dragons Capri (87th out of 102 at Reno-Fernley):

http://cache-08.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2009/07/LeMons_Costumes-15.jpg

Then we saw the Starsky & The Bandit Capri at the '09 Arse Freeze. 94th out of 152:

http://cache-07.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2009/11/500x_lth09-top-094.jpg

And perhaps the best of all, the post-apocalyptic Australian Hasidim at Sears Pointless: Mad Maxeltov! 140th out of 147, but winners in our hearts!

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2010/03/madmaxeltov-800px.jpg
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/03/500x_lsp10-38-500px.jpg

Re: Respect for the Mad Maxeltov Capri!

I love the car and love the themes, why cant these guys catch a break with their luck. 4th time the charm??? i hope! i look forward to see the next awesome event!

That was the paint scheme I had been waiting for (and secretly wanting to do myself).

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

So, was this little car the English or German version? Just a thought...

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

that last theme was what we had planned for our own capri at thunderhill.
doh!

Just realized how wrong but so right this theme is!

Wrong because of the jewish community's distaste for Mel Gibson after his drunken slurs, so right because it is a jewish Mad Max.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

There's always the Mel Gibson video game!

That's a nice looking car !!
I really do like the 04 paint scheme.

Always liked them since I was a kid a saw them on a tv show called The Professionals.

That's one of the nicest Le Mons cars I've seen.

Doug I wrote:

That's one of the nicest Le Mons cars I've seen.

These guys do a fantastic job of re-liverying the car very race... but you'd be even more impressed if you had seen the car when they started working on it.  Even the meth-dealer-special flat black paint couldn't cover the awfulness.  I had expected their theme to be "terrible Capri."  Instead, when I saw the race ready car, it had been given the new theme of "totally awesome Capri.""

Oh, and they also get bonus cool points (as if they needed any more) for keeping the awesome '70s rear window louvers.

Mad Max cars rule smile

At least their consistant with their poor finishes! That's the problem when
a Brit marries a German, you get a tank with a poor motor!

I LOVE THIS CAPRI story!!!!!

I want permission to post this story and the photos to
my YAHOO GROUP, "AEV_CAPRI" and
my FACEBOOK account, "CARL KAY,"
both of which are dedicated to the enjoyment of the 1970-1977 German Ford/Mercury Capri, on the track, in the dirt and on the road.

Also, see the NEWBIES section, where I requested permission of the
Lords of Lemons
to offer technical ( if you can call it that ) and parts sourcing support to any Lemons team fielding a 1970-1977 Capri !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Jeff Kay
Editor,
Calamigos Carl's Capri Compendium
(somewhere near the twisty roads of Malibu, CA )
aev91372 @ yahoo.com

Thanks for the respect Phil.

And Jeff, as team captain, permission granted to use any story/photos of us.

By the way it was a short turn around from Sears point to the T hill race that just happened and we liked the MMT theme so much that we did it again. Despite a few minor problems the car staid on track more or less the whole dang time. 46 out of 115  whooo hooo!  See you guys with a newly themed capri some time in the fall.

-Bill
Mad Maxeltov

By far the best performance for a Capri in the history of Lemons!

And it was one of the few cars our mini could "race" with! Loved the car, the theme, and the clean driving. Look forward to seeing you guys in August ArseSweat

Billyballer wrote:

Thanks for the respect Phil.

And Jeff, as team captain, permission granted to use any story/photos of us.

-Bill
Mad Maxeltov

//
//

Thanks Mad Maxel-Tov Bill !!!!

Your unique Capri story is being told at :

FACEBOOK avatar  "CARL KAY"

YAHOO GROUPS group  "AEV_CAPRI"

If youze needz there help tracking down Capri parts, you all just let us know!!!

Thanks a Billion!

Jeff Kay
Calamigos Carl's Capri Corral
"Tracking down Euro-Capri parts for over 1/10th a Century!!!!! "
aev91372 @ yahoo.com