Topic: Results and best lap times?

Anyone know if there are results out with the best lap times for each team?

Re: Results and best lap times?

best lap time...no

results...yes

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/Sears110Results.pdf

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:

best lap time...no

results...yes

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/Sears110Results.pdf

Yeah, I already saw those.  Just thought maybe there would be a posting with the same breakdown it used to be with best lap times for each team and on what lap.
Jay did mention that the track was having problems with the system. 

If anything does come out, put out a holler.

Clay

My understanding is that the "back up" timing system had to be used and that best laps times will not be available.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

Clay, just assume you were fastest. smile smile

I remember seeing a best time posted on the timing sheet of 2:12 something....it was on the bottom......

Our best was 2:16.....

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

dtfastbear wrote:

Clay, just assume you were fastest. smile smile

If you had got out of my way, I would've been.  Blocker, brake Checker!!!  big_smile

Just kidding. If I could keep up with you, then safe to say I was.  cool   

I wanted to know what everyone else was doing.

Yeah, I'm interested, too...  The 510 was very fast (for a while).  You were very fast.  The Whale (or what Used to be the whale) was occasionally very fast.  The Cavalier was fast for a while.  The POS guys were also fast.

I turned a 2:12 on the test day, but doubt we did that during the race.  Major props to anyone who did that in traffic!

Dean

dtfastbear wrote:

Yeah, I'm interested, too...  The 510 was very fast (for a while).  You were very fast.  The Whale (or what Used to be the whale) was occasionally very fast.  The Cavalier was fast for a while.  The POS guys were also fast.

I turned a 2:12 on the test day, but doubt we did that during the race.  Major props to anyone who did that in traffic!

Dean

What are your times when you are running your Miata?  Or is the track not set up with 9a?

The track isn't set up with the extra wide turn 7 (we make the second right earlier and straight into the esses) and we don't use 9a.  We use the same line through 8a and 9 that you took on Friday, Clay.  smile smile

1:55.1 in that configuration.  Well set up miata will be almost flat through 3/3a and the esses.  Small brush of the brakes for T10, which we enter at 109mph.

http://www.vimeo.com/8786969

Great Dean.

You know how Clay is going to read this, right?

"OK, so be flat out through 3 and the esses, barely brake for T10 and always be going 109 mph. No wait, the shark is faster than all Miatas. 110 mph through T3. MUST BEAT 1.55.1!"

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

2:12 for the Lemons configuration is MOVING.....  The best I managed in the Estate in the normal configuration was 2:08.....but I would guess Dean could get the Estate or V8olvo in the high 1:50's

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Lap times don't tell the whole story.
I believe our best was a 2:25.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

I think our best time in the 1984 Mustang was about 2:22 of so. that is about all we could do with our car.

Judge Jonny wrote:

Great Dean.

You know how Clay is going to read this, right?

"OK, so be flat out through 3 and the esses, barely brake for T10 and always be going 109 mph. No wait, the shark is faster than all Miatas. 110 mph through T3. MUST BEAT 1.55.1!"

Wait, was I suppose to read it any other way?   big_smile

My buddy that came to watch the race said I got to a high 2:16 on Saturday. 

I do not know how anyone could do a 2:12 through even limited traffic if Dean did that on Friday in practice and it being a home track for him.  That would be very impressive and I would really like to know who it was, for a hand shake and ahhhh........Smile?

We did 2:25 in a crown vic and many around 2:27.  We showed one time at 2:20 but it might have been an error.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not the data will be uploaded to MyLaps.com??

POSRacing wrote:

Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not the data will be uploaded to MyLaps.com??

I hope they can get it up!! We have bets we need to settle!!

Geez... 2:12, 2:16, hell even 2:25 for that matter.  We MIGHT have broke into 2:31 on Sunday afternoon.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

The Z with our STIG was pulling consustant 2:24s so I'm sure 2:12s are attainable considering the Z made 160HP 177,000 miles ago

i really hope we can get some lap times.  as one of only two drivers on my team not to spin out i really wonder how slow i was going.  one driver didn't spin cause he's really good whereas i didn't spin because i was taking it easy.  i'll have to see what in-car video we got.

-will
The Black Flags

We had a 2:12.xx on Saturday in the 500 Buck Chuck Crown Vic.  Must have had a lucky clear traffic lap. 

Best time I saw on Sunday was a 2:11.5x, but it wasn't displayed who that was.

With the mustang motor and manual tranny our car goes pretty darn quick in a straight line, but it's still pretty amazing how many people we pass around the outside in the sweepers. We're running pretty good tires (Dunlop star specs), but at heart it's still a crown vic chassis.  We do have decent rear camber on the right side courtesy of a 10' drop on the ground, so maybe that helped. ;-)

For the most part, seemed to me that driving was better at this race.  More people watching mirrors and showing awareness.   I tried to not be too much of an ahole moving through traffic, but probably failed in some cases.

-Andy

WOW!  2:12 is hustling in that car!!!  Very nice work.

Here's the best I could manage in the race - a 2:15

http://vimeo.com/10118783

2:11.x in the race is absolutely flying for any car.

dtfastbear wrote:

WOW!  2:12 is hustling in that car!!!  Very nice work.

Here's the best I could manage in the race - a 2:15

http://vimeo.com/10118783

2:11.x in the race is absolutely flying for any car.

Dean
Great lap......Amazing you got such a relatively clean lap......

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

craznoe wrote:

Geez... 2:12, 2:16, hell even 2:25 for that matter.  We MIGHT have broke into 2:31 on Sunday afternoon.

I still say 2:31 with a giant wiener on the roof is like running 2:11 with the wiener belted in to the 5pt...