Topic: JUDGES PLEASE PENALTY THE E30 AND MIATAS FOR CRAPPY THEMES

I'm sick of all those losers that show up with the same theme every time with just stickers .

STEP IT UP AND DO IT RIGHT THAT IS WHAT IS ABOUT!!!! THE THEME

I've had everything attached to my car and never hurts my lap times and sure makes people laugh. AND cash is always a good thing.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Re: JUDGES PLEASE PENALTY THE E30 AND MIATAS FOR CRAPPY THEMES

Yeah...some of the E30's out there weren't even trying.

#117 - The Fat And The Furious Big Boy Miata & Big Boy Metro-Gnome

I love the Porcubimmer  that one can never change that is Lemons!!
Its just something about a team that doesn't care they are pricks !!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

I'd say if more than 25% of your car's original paint is still showing, you're doing it wrong. And if there is nothing extraneous dangerously fastened to the car, again you have failed.

Just another crappy BMW and moto-powered MR2: http://www.facebook.com/BlackIronRacing
Gnome money, Gnome problems. (RIP) http://www.facebook.com/MetroGnomeRacing

gielamonster wrote:

I'd say if more than 25% of your car's original paint is still showing, you're doing it wrong. And if there is nothing extraneous dangerously fastened to the car, again you have failed.

From what I have seen, if you have a BMW or Miata WITH a theme (other than sticking a bunch of stickers on it after you give it a few wacks with a sledge) you are one step ahead of the game. Our miata has 20lbs of paint on it, and we are thinking about redoing it again.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Baron wrote:
gielamonster wrote:

From what I have seen, if you have a BMW or Miata WITH a theme (other than sticking a bunch of stickers on it after you give it a few wacks with a sledge) you are one step ahead of the game. Our miata has 20lbs of paint on it, and we are thinking about redoing it again.

Dip it in acid... 1950's style...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

So you're saying that shitty-looking and dented isn't an adequate theme?

Noted.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

8 (edited by icemang17 2010-03-10 02:04 PM)

I think there should be a "no spec racers" clause in the rules......meaning any type of car that has its OWN spec racer series is NOT allowed....i.e spec E30, spec miata, spec 944, RX7 etc.... 

This would guarantee a more diverse field of cars and more inventive engineering...

In all Lemons races since 2009 (14) 7 wins have been "spec" racers....or 1/2 the wins....  the last thing Lemons wants to be is a washed up spec series....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Geez, what a bunch of haters.  tongue

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

icemang17 wrote:

I think there should be a "no spec racers" clause in the rules......meaning any type of car that has its OWN spec racer series is NOT allowed....i.e spec E30, spec miata, spec 944, RX7 etc.... 

This would guarantee a more diverse field of cars and more inventive engineering...

In all Lemons races since 2009 (14) 7 wins have been "spec" racers....or 1/2 the wins....  the last thing Lemons wants to be is a washed up spec series....

I disagree with everything you said there.  One of the greatest things about Lemons is that I can bring a shitbox that has absolutely no business being on a track (Crown Vics, Craptations, little japanese econoboxes) and actually go beat teams that brought a "spec series" car.  (As a complete aside, I'd love to hear how a miata with 250 lbs of plywood and beer kegs bolted to the top of the roll cage is anything like a "spec car.")  It makes my mid-pack finish that much sweeter.  A mid-pack finish against a bunch of other shitboxes that don't belong on a track just isn't an accomplishment.

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

icemang17 wrote:

Another totally random thought about this is that is smacks of the people in the SCCA who bitch about cars in their class that "can't be beat."  I'd refer you to a certain 45 page long thread on sccaforums about kicking the boost buggies out of BSP, but I don't want to put anyone through that.

One of my friends has a shirt that I absolutely love.  It says, "Run your car, not your mouth."  Its the best racing advice I've ever heard.

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

Ban all Miatas and E30's!  To the torches and pitchforks!

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

How about this: run anything you want as long is it costs less than $500.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

icemang17 wrote:

But let's remember that three of those wins were by Eyesore's Miata, the least spec anything I've ever seen. Again, it's two hooptie-ass Miatas welded together and a Mexican-market turbo held in place with home depot products. Also, it's got a cardboard (literally, cardboard) intake.

You'd be nuts if you think we're banning that.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

Also, it's got a cardboard (literally, cardboard) intake.

Atleast the front didn't fall off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-QNAwUdHUQ

gielamonster wrote:

I'd say if more than 25% of your car's original paint is still showing, you're doing it wrong.

Meh, not always. Hurling Moss just wouldn't be right any other way.

Judge Jonny wrote:

So you're saying that shitty-looking and dented isn't an adequate theme?

Noted.

(snicker)

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

ya'll can KISS MY E30 DRIVING ASS. 

our first race was CMP 07/26-27/2008 and our theme was way better than that POS Caddy.  they had white shirts and cheap ties, we had a car that resembled a German Shephard.  smile

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

fabtoys wrote:

I love the Porcubimmer  that one can never change that is Lemons!!
Its just something about a team that doesn't care they are pricks !!

I'm sorry to inform you that we will be changing our theme, but we think it's going to be a good one. It's really hard to live up to the greatness that was our first theme.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Hey, I thought our car was pretty decent for having been pulled out from under a tree in Riverside three weeks before the race.  What we lacked in paint we made up for in motorcycles and vinyl. 

And Porcubimmer, please don't ever change.  You are a Lemons classic!

Porcubimmer is now BM Colonic - blow it out your ass

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

it seems we have two camps.....those with E30's and Miatas and those without (except for the 1 crown vic guy)..... 

The judges do a very good job at spotting ex race cars & penalize them appropriately....  Since the whole concept of Lemons is to take a "random" crap can and make it a racer....its just SIGNIFICANTLY easier with an E30 or miata....since they are track proven designs...... 

bottom line is the stats don't lie..... 50% of the wins since 2009.... oddly enough 50% of the wins in 2010 too...  its just more interesting with random winners like the other 50% winners of 2010....I mean everyone expects miatas and E30's to place high...who would ever pick a Saab or SHO to complete the most laps....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

priapism wrote:

And Porcubimmer, please don't ever change.  You are a Lemons classic!

Judge Jonny disagrees, and we were running out of ideas for creating new variations of the same theme, so we decided to retire the concept while we were on top.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

icemang17 wrote:

it seems we have two camps.....those with E30's and Miatas and those without (except for the 1 crown vic guy)..... 

The judges do a very good job at spotting ex race cars & penalize them appropriately....  Since the whole concept of Lemons is to take a "random" crap can and make it a racer....its just SIGNIFICANTLY easier with an E30 or miata....since they are track proven designs...... 

bottom line is the stats don't lie..... 50% of the wins since 2009.... oddly enough 50% of the wins in 2010 too...  its just more interesting with random winners like the other 50% winners of 2010....I mean everyone expects miatas and E30's to place high...who would ever pick a Saab or SHO to complete the most laps....

That's the problem with you racer types.

An E30 has never won the race

Nor has a Miata

Sure, they might complete the most laps from time to time, but who fucking cares?

Last time I checked, a Citoren ID19 won.

If cars with a spec series were banned, then there would be no more Renault LeCars.  They had a spec series when new.  LeCar banned?  Say it ain't so!

Team Co-Craptain, Los Cerdos Voladores
Plymouth Neon
Yeah, we're horrible...but we're LEAST Horrible

How about if we give Ryan 5 minutes alone with every lame-theme E30 or Miata?