Re: JUDGES PLEASE PENALTY THE E30 AND MIATAS FOR CRAPPY THEMES

widgetsltd wrote:

If cars with a spec series were banned, then there would be no more Renault LeCars.  They had a spec series when new.  LeCar banned?  Say it ain't so!

Whoa, hold on now, back away from the LeCar.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

davisriley wrote:
widgetsltd wrote:

If cars with a spec series were banned, then there would be no more Renault LeCars.  They had a spec series when new.  LeCar banned?  Say it ain't so!

Whoa, hold on now, back away from the LeCar.

Then so would Coopers, SE-Rs, RX-7's... I believe they were referring at CURRENT Spec classes and car's that can cheaply be MADE into "spec" cars.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

I think you should take body panels off he E30 and miatas when there them sucks

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

fabtoys wrote:

WHAT?!

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

sorry forgot to proof read take body parts off if there theme sucks and if there theme gets better give parts back

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER

Call me crazy but I think Jay and Company have things working pretty well.  Lots of sour grapes in here.

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

fabtoys wrote:

i thought this was about penalizing them, not helping them out by lightening their cars for them

maybe add extra body panels

Penalize for crappy themes?  Sure!  Penalize for cheater cars?  Already done!  Penalize for bad examples of known cheaters?  Eh, no.  If you pick up a known cheater, and then don't cheat, that shows moral fortitude.  Like another poster said, the judges are really good at picking up cheaters.  But even with moral fortitude, that &*($ E30 better have a good theme!

Just sayin'.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

It just bugs me when people can't get into spiritof Lemons, or we could weigh cars down for no theme

35 (edited by Fish 2010-03-11 11:14 AM)

Fill their trunk with quick drying cement if they have no theme!

I'm not going to push this argument into a "ban all [x] cars" fight, I'm just coming from the statement that there are many more applications (especially in NorCal) that get rejected or waitlisted. Meanwhile "another e30 with spraypainted numbers and no theme" are buzzing all over the paddock.

Is it true the Citroen was waitlisted?

Huey Newis and the Lose
Don't Start Believin'

I know that the E30 with no theme that I drove for this race WAS waitlisted but admitted into the race rather late. This caused our team captain to scramble to get the car race ready -- thus the lack of theme.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

How about those with a really weak theme get issued one from the Judges?  I'm sure someone here could dream up themes no one would want, stuff like:

The knocked over portalette theme.
I should've taken those Dramamine theme.
Montezuma's revenge.
Montezuma's revenge, the sequel.
Questionable landscaper theme (bunch of yard cuttings stacked precariously).
Riceboy theme (cut the springs until they're on the bumpstops).

How about "It's not broken, no need to fix it?"

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

How about "It's not broken, no need to fix it?"

Also works.

This what I have done in the past .You know the one guy on the team who can't do anything good except drive and wash windows give that guy and the wives/women of the team the theme as there duties for the team.  DOLLAR STORE GARAGE SALES is where I get the crazy shit I put on my car.

I'm happy say we'll finally be sporting an Overzet-approved level of themery for Thunderhill.  This is a formal invite to everyone to come enjoy an evening at the Bushwood Country Club on Friday (and most likely Saturday) night.  I don't see how you'll be able to miss it.  We all have our outfits picked out, sound effects downloaded, etc.

You know anyone with a Northstar engine laying around?

Gimp Pimp.  I heard your caddy had hand controls.  Is that true?

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

squidbreath wrote:

Gimp Pimp.  I heard your caddy had hand controls.  Is that true?

That is correct.  It has pedals, too, so we can go both ways.  Ummm You know what I mean.

Make sure you tip you caddy!!

fabtoys wrote:

You know the one guy on the team who can't do anything good except drive and wash windows

That would be me.

Westyside wrote:

Is it true the Citroen was waitlisted?

Actually, it was the mini that was waitlisted for Buttonwillow-- my/our first event. In hindsight, it didn't really have a theme-- just that we were driving a mini. After getting waitlisted I'd been reading the forum more and "got it" and came up with the Mr. Bean theme and revised our application. Once some teams didn't pay up, we got in.

When I proposed entering the Citroen to the higher-ups, I believe the response was "You must F-ing do this!". Unfortunately, I didn't get the theme stuff  100% completed (it was supposed to look like the Concorde with wings, a tail rudder, and shoot baguettes out of a potato gun mounted beneath the wings).

priapism wrote:
fabtoys wrote:

You know the one guy on the team who can't do anything good except drive and wash windows

That would be me.

Sorry you had to find out this way .

It kinda like that whole every group of chicks has a an ugly chick in the group.

Or guys have the dork guy in there group

Spank ,sometimes the car itself is the theme ,and the story behind it or the journey to Lemons.

Also we had a theme, and costumes, and made a ton of people point and smile and ask us for pictures...but the car was only half painted because we just didn't have time to do everything.  We were up till 2am every night for a week before the event and were still putting it together in a shop in West Covina 1am Friday morning.  Please don't be too quick to judge, these things come together with time and we only had three weeks to scramble after losing our car after the Phoenix event.