Re: Lemons FOR LIFE

Absolutely agree with Tom.  In fact, i've been looking at the calendar to see how to plan a route around the country so I can hit as many races as possible.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

That was me in the volvo Sunday afternoon.  Sounds like we have some unfinished business to take care of in May...  smile

MurileeMartin wrote:

We would love to see a Lemons 610, 710, or 810. Especially an 810. In fact, I just saw a 100% complete 810 wagon at the Oakland Pick-N-Pull, if anyone's thinking of building one for Lemons.

Just did some looking around and didn't see a single one of those for sale for less than $1500. Oddly you can find $500 510's easily but the more crappy 610, 710 and 810 seem to go for more. Strange, must be a lot or buyers out there that not only forgot the '60s but the '70s too.

That 510 passed me so fast on the inside of the carousel. I literally didn't see it coming but I was cheering it on as it went by. It was an awesome sight!

30 (edited by Speedycop 2010-03-11 10:05 AM)

Lemons for life is right! Forget all the other races, the fun is right here. jay puts on the best automotive racing spectacle since Model T's and goggles, and Johnny and Phil kick ass, even when they are making me dress my SWAT roof gunner up as a woman. Where the hell is that vid from CMP of the gunner-turned-bikini-chick's arms flapping in the breeze? One of you MUST have it...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

MurileeMartin wrote:

We would love to see a Lemons 610, 710, or 810. Especially an 810. In fact, I just saw a 100% complete 810 wagon at the Oakland Pick-N-Pull, if anyone's thinking of building one for Lemons.

You DID see an 810 on the track, but I can't remember what it was badged as...

http://cache-02.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2008/12/medium_3127417676_2668d0e51d_o.jpg

At one point, the light blue Maxima/810 and the primer black Cressida died at exactly the same spot on the track coming out of turn 6. It was not a good time for Japanese pseudo-lux!

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

raceneely wrote:

Thanks all,

For the record Troy was catching the Volvo as he stated but it pulled in the pits when we caught it in 11. Perhaps to avoid embarassment ? Just Kidding.
I also remember passing it once on Saturday in my session, and yes Judge Jonny on Friday testing the death taxi took 7 turns to catch our B drivers.

Neely

Tom-  Your gonna have to pass me in the Shark before you get to play with Dean and the Death Cab.  I was running 2:15-17 on Sat. Good luck, my friend.

Wait, you two can play and I'll pull away.......Muuuuuuaaaaahhhhhh.

Damn Lemons is awesome.  I really need to make more money to play more.

LTDScott wrote:

I keep saying, Lemons is the most fun I've had with my pants on.

You keep your pants on?  Hmmm, maybe that is why we had trouble getting through tech.

Chump Ganasee Targee Racing Eagle Talon
formerly #98 We Each Hit Racing Toyota Paseo
2 Time Vodden "B" Class Winner - 2012, 2013
Best finish ever for a DSM - 3rd 2013 Vodden

BushWacker wrote:

Tom-  Your gonna have to pass me in the Shark before you get to play with Dean and the Death Cab.  I was running 2:15-17 on Sat. Good luck, my friend.

Wait, you two can play and I'll pull away

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2010/03/clay_dead_turbo-800px.jpg

And that picture says it all.  How can you take this crap too seriously, dressed in a sailor suit?  Or a ped-o-bear costume, 14 boxes of cardboard,  or Alice.  Love it.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Who ez dis davisriley???????  Mockery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhhh, look, it's our second turbo blown.  Damn Pep Boys can't rebuild a turbo for Shiet!!!!  Thanks Phil.  I remember when you took this.  But Mike and I prevailed. Removed the turbo to run NA for the last 35 minutes to the checkered.  FINISHED!!!!
    I did notice all you ruffians dogging the Shark toward the last of the race.  I could get yah in the turns but NA the old girl was a DAWG on the straights.  My mantra for the last stint was Carry Speed, Carry Speed!!!!!

Had a blast without the blast..........

And free hot dogs next door!

Even NA you pulled on the wiener just about everywhere.  Everyone pulled on the wiener, for that matter. 

Just kept pulling and pulling...  I can't believe it didn't puke all over by the end of the race.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

craznoe wrote:

And free hot dogs next door!

Even NA you pulled on the wiener just about everywhere.  Everyone pulled on the wiener, for that matter. 

Just kept pulling and pulling...  I can't believe it didn't puke all over by the end of the race.

Yeow.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

39 (edited by magnusracing 2010-03-11 10:58 PM)

raceneely wrote:

So in a nutshell, here is my advice to those of you reading this and thinking of racing Lemons for the first time. Make sure you have done everything in motorsports that you have wanted to accomplish in your career. I assure you that once you race Lemons you may never go back and spend your hard earned money to race with the wannabes, the Jones’, and various other Walter Mitty’s who take themselves way too seriously while they forgo paying their mortgage on time to buy the latest $1,250.00 Penske shock absorber for their overpriced national contender, bragging to their circle of friends that they are a “race car driver”.  I know real race car drivers and they sir are not real race car drivers. The real race car drivers should be on TV. The rest of us will be in 24 Hours Lemons having a blast dodging the dreaded black flag or building IKEA furniture in the penalty box.

Signed Lemons for Life

Tom Neely
Team 510

Excellent write up and many of us, including me, feel the same.

There are only two other events I race that equal Lemons in "fun" factor:

1) The Tijuana Grand Prix (seriously, it exists people - www.calderapromotions.com)

2) And the greatest open road rally race in the world (seriously) the "Chihuahua Express" (www.chihuahuaexpress.com)

See you all at another Lemons event!

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

I will run Lemons for as long as I can and with the craziest themes I can run. Out  to test the aerodynamics of cardboard or whatever I can bolt on my car.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!