Topic: 17 minutes of Sears Pointless from Car 54

http://vimeo.com/10074080

this is the first racing of Sunday just as the green flag drops.

Re: 17 minutes of Sears Pointless from Car 54

Nice video. Do you mind if I use parts of it in one I am editing for the 928 guys?

Go right ahead, vimeo should allow you to download it.

What's with all the horn bowing dude?  No good on a race track IMO.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Great video, 3 things I noticed:

1.) That is one LOUD 90 dB car!!  LOL!!

2.) Great passing, you never dive-bombed or even attempted a "questionable" pass.  You can see time and time again you were considering a pass, but didn't.

3.) you left room for competitors, It didn't seem like you "closed the door" on anyone, though it happened to you a few times.

Good heads up driving IMHO

car 54?  where is toody and muldoon?

VKZ24 wrote:

Are you kidding me? I LOVE having a horn on our car. I don't use it all the time, but if someone appears to be merging over into me, a tap on the horn will advise the other driver of my presence and they move over pretty quickly.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

ifb_mole wrote:

I was thinking quite the opposite.  We have the same car (3rd Gen prelude) and ours is a lot louder.  Listen to our video.

It was so loud that afterwards we added a second glass-pak in-line with the first because we couldn't hear out spotter over the radio.

Captain

LTDScott wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

Are you kidding me? I LOVE having a horn on our car. I don't use it all the time, but if someone appears to be merging over into me, a tap on the horn will advise the other driver of my presence and they move over pretty quickly.

In our presence you'd near a train horn, we'd never hear you.  Besides who ever heard of a race car with a horn?

Captain

VKZ24 wrote:
ifb_mole wrote:

I was thinking quite the opposite.  We have the same car (3rd Gen prelude) and ours is a lot louder.  Listen to our video.

It was so loud that afterwards we added a second glass-pak in-line with the first because we couldn't hear out spotter over the radio.

In car video is so cool, you're right it does seem louder, but at Infineon the sound window was lower than at other events, so yours probably could be louder.  Do you know of ANYONE who has ever had a flag for being too loud?  I've only been to 2 Lemons events, but I sware there are cars over the limit, some are friggen LOUD, but hay they sound way cool for sure.

VKZ24 wrote:

In our presence you'd near a train horn, we'd never hear you.  Besides who ever heard of a race car with a horn?

Oddly, our date with the dirt at T-Hill fixed our horn but broke the clock.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

ifb_mole wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:
ifb_mole wrote:

In car video is so cool, you're right it does seem louder, but at Infineon the sound window was lower than at other events, so yours probably could be louder.  Do you know of ANYONE who has ever had a flag for being too loud?  I've only been to 2 Lemons events, but I sware there are cars over the limit, some are friggen LOUD, but hay they sound way cool for sure.

I don't know if anyone has been told they were too loud, but I have no idea why we even have a noise limit...on a RACE TRACK. 

There was actually one car louder than ours at CMP, which was a 1st gen rotary-powered RX-7.

Captain

VKZ24 wrote:

When I raced Motocross we would whistle and yell at guys in turns.  It's to break concentration.  Nothing wrong with horn honking.  Usually it is for letting a slower driver know you are on there tail or side so they don't turn into you. With the Shark we have our blow off valve to use as a horn.
   All Good Jesus!!!  Honk away!!!

We're actually thinking about upgrading our stock horn. Sometimes it's the only way to let people who are, um, situationally-impaired, from turning into you.

BushWacker wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

When I raced Motocross we would whistle and yell at guys in turns.  It's to break concentration.  Nothing wrong with horn honking.  Usually it is for letting a slower driver know you are on there tail or side so they don't turn into you. With the Shark we have our blow off valve to use as a horn.

Yes, your BOV definitely alerted me of your presence.

I added an extra horn (from a '70s Caddy) to our car, and I'll continue to use it when necessary until the rules dictate otherwise.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

The V8olvo guys used their horn when pitting, giving the guys in the pits a heads up that they were only seconds away. Of course, if everyone starts honking in the pits...

There was lots of horn honking on track at the end of the race. I'm wondering if something more appropriate (outrageous) could be done when a car takes the checkered.

HONK FOR JESUS!!!!
HONKIE!

LTDScott wrote:
BushWacker wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

Yes, your BOV definitely alerted me of your presence.

I added an extra horn (from a '70s Caddy) to our car, and I'll continue to use it when necessary until the rules dictate otherwise.

WE WERE THINKING OF MOUNTING A DUCK CALLER ON THE BLOW OFF VALVE.  MAY STILL.

I sense a new Lemons trophy coming for "Best Use Of A Horn".

Good video, nice driving.
Horn has to stop!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

eljefe17 wrote:

car 54?  where is toody and muldoon?

Bet not one in a hundred on the forum gets this! Now if someone can find a '61 Mopar 4-door, a really tall and really short driver, you have a great theme......"There's a holdup in the Bronx...."

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

I've had no luck finding a copy of the theme song, gave up years ago. They don't even run the show on Nick at Nite anymore for me to record it.

Car 54 "where are you?' Unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember the
reruns!

Blanco Basura Racing wrote:

I've had no luck finding a copy of the theme song, gave up years ago. They don't even run the show on Nick at Nite anymore for me to record it.

This one? smile

More than you can afford, pal. Daihatsu.
AFAP TH '09 - 95th
ASAP TH '10 - 34th - 1st Class C "Ugly"

Contraband! Awesome, thanks man. That's going in our next race vid!