Topic: Let's talk camlock belts

Who do you all like?  G-Force and Racequip have similar ratings.  Also see a pyrotec is offered in the Lemons store.  Simpson seem a bit to rich for my blood with no recertification option.

Re: Let's talk camlock belts

A friend has recommended Crow.  Made in Vegas.  Recertification for <$100.

best two by far are schroth enduro and the safecraft 5010
schroth is fia for 5 years safe craft is either and rewed is 75$ and i think you get a free one

racequip has new range of belts 855005 855015 but are fia useless at NJ for me because 2 year belt limit no matter what. Have the adjuster in the same spot as above,  IMO this is ABSOLUTLEY needed inendurance racing with driver changes.   

crow has one as well

look around belt with the lap adjuster built into the buckle near the cam lock is what you need.

959 Toyota Tercel   6x Lemons loser

New England Area roll cages send me an email I'm in Central MA

FWIW, harnesses that only have FIA ratings can't be re-webbed/re-certified.  So on top of being more expensive, Schroth/Sabelt/similar FIA only harnesses are even more expensive because you have to throw them away when they expire.  They are really nice harnesses though.  I like Crow plus John has raced Lemons in the past.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

I really like my crow

https://www.parts123.com/parts123/dynde … uKeY=AAAOG

Love our Crow.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I originally ordered a few months ago the Pyrotect harness from the Lemons store to replace my older belts but based on some of the feedback here I went ahead and ordered a set of Crow Enduro series belts.  I think their new improved lap belt adjusters will be a great upgrade along with the rest of the harness.  Keeping the Pyrotect for the occasional passenger allowed track days and autocross events.

Multiple Entries - Best Finish CMP Fall 2017 - 9th Overall - 1993 BMW 325
Lemons cars: 1983 VW Rabbit, 1993 BMW 325, 1988 BMW 325e

cheseroo wrote:

FWIW, harnesses that only have FIA ratings can't be re-webbed/re-certified.  So on top of being more expensive, Schroth/Sabelt/similar FIA only harnesses are even more expensive because you have to throw them away when they expire.  They are really nice harnesses though.  I like Crow plus John has raced Lemons in the past.

If you get a really fresh FIA belt, you can get 6 years out of them. Buying belts right at the change of the year can get you a nice discount on the belts that just went 1 year down.

SFI camlocks start around $140 for $70 a year. Years ago when I looked into rewebbing, it was like a $20 discount over a new belt.

At this point several manufacturers make Schroth style belts with the adjuster as part of the buckle in the $300 price range. If you ran one 5 years is $60 a year.

Summit has some 2024 FIA Camlocks for $150 right now:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vms-854014

Latch-Link belts are the cheapest option. I believe that's an SFI only thing. We replaced our Latch-Link belts after 1 race with cam locks.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Unfortunately Crow kamlocks are on back order from the supplier.  So now were in a bit of a scramble to find a new manufacturer before sonoma.  Thanks for that link.

https://www.necksgen.com/racing-harness … -harnesses

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019