Re: Dream Lemons car for me.......

Troy wrote:
BushWacker wrote:

I would love to take a 240 or 260Z chassis and drop a 325i engine in it.  Whoah Nelly!!!  Getting the handling of a legendary Z chassis and the great German 2.5 litre i engine would be lethal. cool

What's your ideas?

We already get around the BMWs with our hybrid Z motor.  Most Mustangs too.

The 3-Series is fairly similar to the Z.

The issue with the Z engine is the head gaskets.  The Z car engines, in Lemons history,
break a lot.  The German 2.5 liter i engine would snuff many a problems.  Look at our Shark engine, when we bought it it had 354,000 miles on it.   This is very common with the BMW engines.  Not so with the Z car engines.  I love the Z car 6s but this is a endurance/creative race to the end.  Plus aren't all the 240s and 260s carbed?  The Germans are EFI, better for mounting a turbo wink

trekkor wrote:

If you are going to cheat, stick a V-8 in a 914 with a gigantic front sway bar and stiff rear springs.

Unbeatable.

It's just a matter of time...

KT

Careful what you wish for.......  Remember how many 200+hp cars have won Lemons......  2...... both with Mustang 5.0L engines...but only 1 was a mustang

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

28 (edited by icemang17 2010-03-12 02:57 PM)

For those who might be interested....I have a 4.5L 928 V8 engine in excellent condition...with complete Bosch K jet or CIS injection (unknown if the injection works)...but the engine has good compression and leakdown....its rated at 219hp-250 torque.....for the right "Lemons project" I would let it go CHEAP...  I know they work in 914's quite well.....  There are a couple 918's around out there

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2