Topic: cracked windshield

how strict are the rules on cracked windshields? we have a tiny spider crack in the drivers side lower corner.. id just replace it but we can not find a replacement windshield.

Re: cracked windshield

I believe if you do a search, Nick has addressed to the topic to a certain extent.

We had a crack in our windshield, and we taped it on both sides.  Had no problem in tech.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

I'd send Nick an email.. we had to replace ours after he showed it to the judges.  Anything that could interfere with the driver's vision will be frowned upon.

Swede Sixteen Racing - 85 Volvo 740 - Southern Discomfort '10, South Spring '10, South Fall '10,
Southern Discomfort '11 (GRM Most from the Least Winner), Shine Country Classic '11
Quattro Libre Racing - 82 Audi Quattro - South Fall '09

We have several cracks and sailed right through tech.  YMMV

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Take a picture of it and send it to Nick .
My windshield had cracks all over and I forgot about it and there we were looking for Lexan on friday before raceday.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!