Re: The Top 147 Lemons of the Sears Pointless 24 Hours of Lemons

KInda looks like the old AMP body Modification!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

I'll tell ya took my dad to the race for the first time an old country European he loves the old foreign cars and when he saw that Citroën running around he was dying to find ya guys in the pits and lend a hand getting more power outta her, but he's an older guy with back problems and only came one day. With no pit vehicles and you guys being on the other side of the pits it wasn't in the cards but know that my dad was rooting for you guys more than me smile

As to the motor swap in Reno, yup, guilty, so Pointless was Hanky's second during race motor swap surprise... 

Funny thing is, the motor we dropped in was the one we scrounged in Reno.  So the what if/hindsight demon (and my team) was asking me why I spend countless hours scrounging up another motor and swapping it in only to wind right back where we were to start with... 

I told them I wanted them to have the full Lemons experience...

The single day results were REALLY cool by the way (note to Jay) as we were able to see how we would have faired if the motor would have held together...

Spank wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Unless Citroën made their doors out of concrete, I'm pretty sure the Kats aren't the ones that hit your car. Even if they had, I'd probably cut them some slack due to the awesome lunches they make for us at races.

Oh, there's no anger whatsoever on my part-- it was bound to happen since the passenger side of the sChITROEN was a pretty big white target while we were doing late turn ins to keep the track as wide as possible for everyone else. My brother said the Z driver tried to stop-- slammed on brakes and he heard them coming before they made impact. No biggie.

Yeah that was me. I was driving the #128 green 280z. That was the start of our braking problems. The RH rear brake line was coming off. So on that corner I had someone come in on the inside and when I went to brake the fronts just locked without any rear assistance. I didn't actually get black flagged for that one. A few laps later I lost all brakes into the last hairpin and took out the blue/yellow tire pile. So I get to claim that one to.

Solracer wrote:

ask the fiberglass 944 guys what happens when you hit the Peugeot. They hit the Peugeot's driver's door with their left-front wheel at Thunderhill

Does not compute.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:
Solracer wrote:

ask the fiberglass 944 guys what happens when you hit the Peugeot. They hit the Peugeot's driver's door with their left-front wheel at Thunderhill

Does not compute.

Maverick:  I was inverted

http://jtaylor.u24.hosting.thruport.net/images/TopGun_inverted_mig.jpg

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

He said inverted!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Speedycop wrote:
Solracer wrote:

Does not compute.

Sorry, right front wheel...