1 (edited by Evil Genius 2010-03-13 04:38 PM)

Topic: Another new car for Evil Genius Racing...

So, you help your son put together a car to use at college.  You get the inevitable call at 11:30 PM...     'umm, dad, I wrecked the car'           Well, that was 1 month ago.   He told me that the hood and fender were damaged, but 'the car was fine' 

He drove it home from Humboldt State down to Davis yesterday..  I told him a bunch of times.. "make sure the hood is secured, you don't want it blowing open"   I get the call(again) 'umm, dad, the hood blew open'       

Well now I've seen the car, its toast. 

He lost it on a county road, spun and hit a tree.    When I asked what happened, his story started some 14 hours before the incident..  "well, the farmer was driving his cows across the road that morning on my way to school."  As the story progressed, it started to become obvious that I was being worked.   The gist is something like this-  The slippery cowshit on the road caused me to spin out and hit a tree on my way home from school.. sounds like he had a tank-slapper and hit a tree, ended up in a ditch.   

Pic-

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w279/Evilgeniusracing/101_2642.jpg

The car is a 1990 Volvo 740 16V 5-speed.   We paid $500 for it with a dead trans and fixed it.      Now the frame is twisted, the left fender destroyed, hood mangled, the whole front trashed..  but it runs great.    Thanks to Conrad (ecurie ecrappe Alfa) and Christine(the Arc-Angel) we have a great 245 wagon for him to drive(not that he deserves it) so the 740 is becoming a Lemons car.     The pic is the the car and (not so good) driver.

I'm looking for themes and drivers...   

Ideas on team names.. 

My Idiot Son Hit a Tree Racing

Redheaded Stepchild Racing     

He has red hair and is a stepchild...    He also has to explain to his stepmother why/how he wrecked the car she helped him buy...  should be an interesting conversation.     

We're thinking of attaching a blow-up tree to the left front fender. 

We have one driver already, need three more....

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Re: Another new car for Evil Genius Racing...

All great ideas.  I vote for "My Idiot Son Hit a Tree Racing".  Longer team names are always better.  Good to see he's okay, and that you have a sense of humor about it.  I smell a shop slave for a while....

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Ginger snap racing...

Cyclops-FIREKATz
FIREKATz
Junkyard KATz

How about a George of the Jungle theme, goes well with the whole "Watch out for that tree!" bit.

Redheaded stepchild hit a tree racing.....PERFECT.....  you should record the conversation with his stepmother regarding the car......then you can BLAST it while the team drives through BS inspection!!!  write or spaypaint all the excuses on the car.....of course make HIM do it....I'd make him write the WHOLE story...

Just for fun I had the redheaded stepchild tell me the story....granted I am VERY skeptical...so I asked for the short version....which started with "I was on my way home from the library..." I cut him off and instantly didn't listen to or believe anything from that point on..... 

I did get to see this car today..& it will make an excellent Lemons racer....  16V, 5 speed RWD....and its a WAGON (I prefer estate)....what could possibly go wrong....its tempting to NOT drive the 928 estate to drive this.....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Vexorg wrote:

How about a George of the Jungle theme, goes well with the whole "Watch out for that tree!" bit.

Ok, I laughed out loud for real on that one....must do.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Vexorg wrote:

LOVE IT....that rules......we'll make the stepchild dress up as George....

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Evil Genius wrote:

My Idiot Son Hit a Tree Racing

Now that's some funny @#$% right, there, I don't car who you are...

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Maybe it should be a car for you, Phil, Jay and I to drive against the Nick, Jeff and Conrad's Alfa?

Team Our Rules Don't Apply To Us

Rolls off the tongue.

Plus, we'd be the only team featuring not one but two banned for life Lemons racers!

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

Plus, we'd be the only team featuring not one but two banned for life Lemons racers!

Hey, I've done my time, checked in regularly with my payroll officer afterward and have been proclaimed rehabilitated...     However, I still have to register as an Altamont offender on the national bad race drivers list.....

One of his friends at college (probably a forestry major, they're rather thick on the ground at Humboldt) looked at the wood jammed between the tire and wheel... said Oooh, you hit an Alder.......

When you guys get black flagged, can I dish out the penalty as an honorary judge?

I have something special planned...

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

JThw8 wrote:
Vexorg wrote:

Ok, I laughed out loud for real on that one....must do.

+1

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

trekkor wrote:

When you guys get black flagged, can I dish out the penalty as an honorary judge?

KT

As if we'd get black flags... Well, Judge Phil and John, maybe. Me and Jay?

Good little Jewish boys.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Mozeltov!

A "Fiddler on the Roof" penalty it is!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Judge Jonny wrote:
trekkor wrote:

KT

Good little Jewish boys.

HONORARY JUDGES.....just for you guys....................................I hate to bring it up......but you could "raffle" chances to give you guys penalties....I would imagine it would end up with quite a nice junk of change!!! 

however if an honorary judge is needed.....I have a judicial robe, wig (silver to be different) and "sheriff" cowboy hat.....

Heres another idea......cut rear of the roof off....make it a judges-mobile, mount killer ghetto blaster boombox on the roof and make the offending team dance IN THE BACK!!!!!   while you cruise the pits.........complete with handrails for safety!!

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Spaceballs theme. Be the bad guys and make the car "Spaceball 1" Glue all kinds of chachski shit on it and paint the whole thing flat gray. Team motto is, "Evil will always win because good is dumb."

http://bucklethis.com/media/pics/spaceballs.jpg

/thread

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

How about SHIT HAPPENS AND YOU HIT A TREE .
Get a fake tree maybe like 6-10 ft tall and mount in back of car wih tree going thru the roof .A real lemon tree  would be awesome
Cover front of car with all sorts of novelty gag shit  .Or that great stuff painted brown.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

The "evil" theme has many possibilities.
http://route66.backroadsplanet.com/imagescars/evilmcqueen.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0767827716.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2008/06/05/1_z3KRr_5906.jpg

Has anyone done a Vlad Dracul car?

Judge Jonny wrote:
trekkor wrote:

KT

Good little Jewish boys.

these are the same two robed fellas that showed up in our pit on friday night in houston, right?

icemang17 wrote:

it will make an excellent Lemons racer....  16V, 5 speed RWD....and its a WAGON (I prefer estate)....what could possibly go wrong....its tempting to NOT drive the 928 estate to drive this.....

You can call it an "estate" all you want, but we all know it's really a shooting brake.

Armand4 wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

it will make an excellent Lemons racer....  16V, 5 speed RWD....and its a WAGON (I prefer estate)....what could possibly go wrong....its tempting to NOT drive the 928 estate to drive this.....

You can call it an "estate" all you want, but we all know it's really a shooting brake.

All you upper crusty types with your dang fancy words. Back home we still call them depot hacks. Wind up windows make them station wagons.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Nice!  That's almost the same car that we're running.. the 16V engine is fun.. not much torque but decent power in the high-end.  You'll want to take the balance shafts off if you haven't already.  Hopefully you'll burn less oil and get less laps than we did.

Swede Sixteen Racing - 85 Volvo 740 - Southern Discomfort '10, South Spring '10, South Fall '10,
Southern Discomfort '11 (GRM Most from the Least Winner), Shine Country Classic '11
Quattro Libre Racing - 82 Audi Quattro - South Fall '09

Armand4 wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

i hear that argument everytime brian, the 928 owner comes over to the shop, i call it an estate or wagon because nobody in this country knows WTF a shooting brake is when i describe the car, but yes i know what you mean...

You know  you're gonna turbocharge that thing... it's just too easy smile

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice