Topic: Damm wiring harness

After buying the real shop manuals for our caddy-lac, there is no freaking picture of how to hook up the wire harness, only schematics.

Grumble.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

Re: Damm wiring harness

Generally when it comes to wiring schematics are king, rarely are there pictures.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

For what its worth, in the massive two volume shop manual that I recently purchased for my GM vechicle, the wiring plugs were in a separate section from the wiring diagrams - and only indexed based on more general diagrams showing connector locations.

Of course, this is probably obvious - but that's what I'm good at - restating the obvious.

bigds01 wrote:

After buying the real shop manuals for our caddy-lac, there is no freaking picture of how to hook up the wire harness, only schematics.

Grumble.

Thankfully for the Mark VIII which has the same wire mass as the caddylack, I have the factory guide software.  It still only gives vague pictures of harness locations but helps immensely as it shows where each connector is found on the car and what signal that wire is carrying so for example, #361 is Ignition, usually RED or RED/Green and so forth.

Become friends with your multimeter...  and dykes ( no not the female ones, the cutters )

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Wiring Diagrams............how about 400 gray wires....and the diagram is in GERMAN......

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I went to school with a guy who was color blind. He had to troubleshoot everything by reading the terminal references. That would suck.

I always wanted to put my finger in a dyke.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

My grandfather was totally colorblind. Not normally a news issue until you realize he spent 20 years in the Navy and 20 years with the FAA as an Air Traffic Control technician. WTF?

"What color is this wire?" snip. BZZZZTTT! "Ah crap."

I remember showing up at his house in the 70s. He had just painted the house with what he thought were complimentary shades... YEOW!! (We helped him repaint the house, but he kept the orange door for decades for a joke)

Somehow he was able to figure out how to troubleshoot in a world of Grey. I try to remember that when I'm stuck on the side of the road in the dark with a cloud of fresh Lucas flavored smoke.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

icemang17 wrote:

Wiring Diagrams............how about 400 gray wires....and the diagram is in GERMAN......

Sounds like Bosch L-Jetronic to me. Don't ignore the numbers on the wire!

Team Dai Hard Home Page

1989 Daihatsu Charade