Topic: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

As always, click here for better resolution.

Buttonwillow: The Sorry for Party Failbird moves west, TWO Solstices, Super English Car Madness (MGB-GT, Lotus Elite, Jensen Healey), Hooniverse's Ranchero, and a MF Nissan Stanza.

https://i.imgur.com/DR8rtu8.jpg

NCM: FOUR C4 Corvettes and Lemons' First Cadillac XLR*, Lemons' first Eagle Summit Wagon (The car I'm most excited to see by a long shot), whatever the hell the #140 car is (which is the same guys with the #301 Monaceaux), an '82 El Camino, and a slew of quick cars from across a few regions.

https://i.imgur.com/Kix0umL.jpg


* Yes, I've known about this car for a long time. Yes, it was gotten for close to $500. Yes, it carried (many) communicable diseases when acquired.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

2 (edited by chaase 2021-09-21 10:32 AM)

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

I've been waiting for an XLR to show up!  It doesn't surprise me you can find one for Lemons money with some work. It is out of parts support and since it was a limited production car, I can see someone giving up on it, especially if it was something like a flood car.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

XLR?! I actually worked on service parts support a decade ago and it was tough back then, can't imagine how bad it is now.

-Robert, Party Sheep Racing
The Jerry Lundegaard GMAC Financing Award, Joliet 2013 [Cutlass Ciera w/ Iron Duke]
Eta E30: Joliet Fall '15, Gingerman Spring '16, Joliet Summer '16, Gingerman Spring '17, NCM '17, Gingerman Summer '21, NCM '21

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

There was an XLR in Palm Springs with electrical issues or something like that many years ago for $500 I recall, but it came with 1 or 2 other cars and you HAD to take the all.

It was bad timing for me to get it myself and I even had to turn down an invitation from a Lemons legend to help and go fetch it for him.

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

Oh, I know what the #140 is…

#111 Tradewinds Tribesmen VW Passat Inde ‘20... watch this space…
#427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500: formerly known as OMG Racing #140
Judges Choice and Regional Award winner! Chuckwalla '12, Buttonwillow '13, BFE GP '15, Miller '14 & '15, Sonoma '13,'14,'15,'17, '18. Inde '16,'17,'18,’19. Other foolishness: Finisher of Hell on Wheels (Jaguar) IOE (Humber)

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

86 Ford pickup in one race and 86 Cherokee in another.  This whole series, it speaks to me.   and of course, an S10...positive Soooper10 vibes to you Otown!

2021 Gingerman-I:  IOE (Strickland Propane), 2021 Gingerman-II:  Mid-pack...mission failed successfully
95 Chevy S-10

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

86 Ford pickup in one race and 86 Cherokee in another.  This whole series, it speaks to me.   and of course, an S10...positive Soooper10 vibes to you Otown!

2021 Gingerman-I:  IOE (Strickland Propane), 2021 Gingerman-II:  Mid-pack...mission failed successfully
95 Chevy S-10

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

SwarlesInCharge wrote:

XLR?! I actually worked on service parts support a decade ago and it was tough back then, can't imagine how bad it is now.

They mentioned that they had TONS of stuff to sell from that pile and absolutely nobody in the world wants any of it.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

The three oldest cars on track for NCM are a '47 Plymouth, a '62 Plymouth, and a '77 Dodge.

Mopars to the FRONT!!

Off-Kilter Racing

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

Dudefladge wrote:

The three oldest cars on track for NCM are a '47 Plymouth, a '62 Plymouth, and a '77 Dodge.

Mopars to the FRONT!!

Not much Mopar left in the '47 I am told, alledgedly, rumour has it.

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

OnkelUdo wrote:
Dudefladge wrote:

The three oldest cars on track for NCM are a '47 Plymouth, a '62 Plymouth, and a '77 Dodge.

Mopars to the FRONT!!

Not much Mopar left in the '47 I am told, alledgedly, rumour has it.

What are you talking about?  It's completely stock!

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

Well,... Apparently the judges agree with that, 'cuz they said WE were the oldest car on track ('62 Plymouth Valiant) when they gave us.... IOE! :-0  I tried to tell them the '47 was older, but they just looked at me with that condescending look they can get... LOL

NCM is an awesome track to race on!  Loved it!  Our fastest lap times were 2:47s (NOT me! :-)

Off-Kilter Racing

13 (edited by SwarlesInCharge 2021-09-27 03:41 PM)

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

Apologies to anyone at NCM who got dive bombed by the purple e30 or had to make extra effort to avoid hitting the driver who spun out multiple times. He was chill at Gingerman and stayed out of trouble, but having his buddy drive with us made him red mist and only after several scoldings from me as well as the judges did he seem to 'get it' finally.

Along with the driver who was warned specially about Turn 3 at Gingerman two months ago being very slick and then immediately putting it in the grass on his FIRST lap out, watching the video of this guy nearly putting my car into a wall in the pouring rain on the SECOND green lap... I'm done with dealing with trying to babysit drivers who don't respect the car nor the philosophy of the series (don't be a jackass and keep it under control with margin for error or other people's stupidity). It was great when we had four people who all spent a year together building the car and had shared interest in not messing it up. I'm gonna likely sell my car and recommend the driver who was red misting check out Chump to match his style. Maybe I'll get a different group of folks to race with and build a Class C / IOE contender.

-Robert, Party Sheep Racing
The Jerry Lundegaard GMAC Financing Award, Joliet 2013 [Cutlass Ciera w/ Iron Duke]
Eta E30: Joliet Fall '15, Gingerman Spring '16, Joliet Summer '16, Gingerman Spring '17, NCM '17, Gingerman Summer '21, NCM '21

14 (edited by Dudefladge 2021-09-28 09:32 AM)

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

It's all good. Sounds like you got it sorted out. Class C / IOE is where we are most comfortable and have a great time with like-minded friends. Come on over!  There's plenty of room to chill with us! :-)

You could just swap a Slant 6 / 904 in that E30 and play with us in Class C. That's the combo our group started with.

Off-Kilter Racing

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

(1) I apologized to Mike for forgetting the '47. Ope.

(2) I still have a huge list of IOE candidates/slam dunks. There are so many General Motors crapwagons that we haven't seen yet. I really want to see a 1992 Buick Skylark with the beaky nose that makes the most "PLZ KILL ME" face in automotive history.

https://i.redd.it/jtzvodaleos01.jpg

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

My grandma had one of those Skylarks, red with red interior, awesome.

I saw a Suzuki something yesterday, nameplate was weird....Kizashi?  I had a Forenza, and wondering how many Suzukis you've had in the field?  With names that sound like steak knife brands, how could you go wrong?

2021 Gingerman-I:  IOE (Strickland Propane), 2021 Gingerman-II:  Mid-pack...mission failed successfully
95 Chevy S-10

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

That_Noise_Is_Normal wrote:

My grandma had one of those Skylarks, red with red interior, awesome.

I saw a Suzuki something yesterday, nameplate was weird....Kizashi?  I had a Forenza, and wondering how many Suzukis you've had in the field?  With names that sound like steak knife brands, how could you go wrong?

Suzuki is always a fine choice for Lemons. We've had a Swift, an X-90, an Aerio, and an Esteem.

That leaves plenty of room to bring a Vitara (though there is a car with a Grand Vitara V6), an SX4, a Kizashi, Forenza, Reno, or a Verona.

What we really want to see is a Suzuki Verona/Buick Verano two-car team.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

therood wrote:
That_Noise_Is_Normal wrote:

My grandma had one of those Skylarks, red with red interior, awesome.

I saw a Suzuki something yesterday, nameplate was weird....Kizashi?  I had a Forenza, and wondering how many Suzukis you've had in the field?  With names that sound like steak knife brands, how could you go wrong?

Suzuki is always a fine choice for Lemons. We've had a Swift, an X-90, an Aerio, and an Esteem.

But Esteem got shunned twice (once when we owned it) on an IoE so be careful with those ever fickle judges...that forget a 1947 Plymouth is in the field.

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

Dudefladge wrote:

Well,... Apparently the judges agree with that, 'cuz they said WE were the oldest car on track ('62 Plymouth Valiant) when they gave us.... IOE! :-0  I tried to tell them the '47 was older, but they just looked at me with that condescending look they can get... LOL

NCM is an awesome track to race on!  Loved it!  Our fastest lap times were 2:47s (NOT me! :-)

We run the '47 Plymouth and it got it's IoE long ago...I might still give Rood some crap but no harm done at all.

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

https://media.giphy.com/media/S981tTEIpOhTjDJ0ts/giphy.gif

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

21 (edited by SwarlesInCharge 2021-09-29 07:05 PM)

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

Dudefladge wrote:

It's all good. Sounds like you got it sorted out. Class C / IOE is where we are most comfortable and have a great time with like-minded friends. Come on over!  There's plenty of room to chill with us! :-)

Yeah, I can't imagine there are as many red misting fools in Class C, just a much different kind of crazy. I did my first Lemons race in Class C and dreadfully slow, but still fun.

https://imgur.com/a/Qx1MqFJ

therood wrote:

(2) I still have a huge list of IOE candidates/slam dunks. There are so many General Motors crapwagons that we haven't seen yet. I really want to see a 1992 Buick Skylark with the beaky nose that makes the most "PLZ KILL ME" face in automotive history.

Ha, post them up. There were a few lists of cars you or Phil wanted to see in Lemons a few years ago but need more bad (err, great) ideas out there. {edit: found a couple - an Acura Vigor would be cool too} I really wish I could track down the Cutlass that you were upset to not see with an e30 in its place, but a Skylark or other GM vehicle of mediocrity would be fun. BMWs are fairly easy to wheel, but a true craftsman picks the challenge.

"Radical new wedge-shaped styling appeared in 1992, with a sharply pointed grille reminiscent of 1930s Buick Special. The Skylark's new aerodynamic body had a low 0.319 coefficient of drag, compared to 0.374 for the previous version." Sounds like DOMINATION! I wonder if one can swap easily the previous generation Iron Duke with Isuzu's 5-speed manual into a 92-95? That would be more thrilling than the Quad OHC and an auto. Cut some springs, slap on some wide tires, then see what it can do.

-Robert, Party Sheep Racing
The Jerry Lundegaard GMAC Financing Award, Joliet 2013 [Cutlass Ciera w/ Iron Duke]
Eta E30: Joliet Fall '15, Gingerman Spring '16, Joliet Summer '16, Gingerman Spring '17, NCM '17, Gingerman Summer '21, NCM '21

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

The Anal Probe was at Buttonwillow this weekend.  I believe that was a Judge Phil Request.

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

Those Skylarks are hideous.

https://file.kelleybluebookimages.com/kbb/base/house/1992/1992-Buick-Skylark-FrontSide_BUSKYCPE921_505x375.jpg?downsize=680:*

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Re: Entry Lists: Buttonwillow '21 and NCM '21

It's ok Eric lots of people struggle with math.  I mean 47, 62 its all the same.  220, 221 whatever