Topic: Jimmy Johnson

Lemons videos have become very boring and un-entertaining, it's as if I am watching a Jimmy Johnson interview. Where has the enthusiasm gone?

Re: Jimmy Johnson

Show up to races and do something for them to be excited about.

A lot of teams have run really clean. The penalty box at pittrace was a veritable ghost town this weekend with 100+ teams in the field.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

KeiCarMike wrote:

Show up to races and do something for them to be excited about.

A lot of teams have run really clean. The penalty box at pittrace was a veritable ghost town this weekend with 100+ teams in the field.

The track was so wet / sleety / snowy  at Pitt - If you were too agro you ended up in the mud/grass. Self-solving Problem.

Plus I don’t think the Flaggers called many Black flags because most of them were fighting for their lives against hyperthermia. You got to put your mask on first.

Cordoba

Sorry, I did not make myself clear. The racing hasn't changed, it never does, racing is racing. The VIDEOS have become lame, boring, not entertaining at all. The humor has disappeared. Who is in charge of the video division? A high level meeting needs to be called to address this situation. I miss the funny, entertaining videos of the past. After all, Lemons is about having fun and making light of racing, not to be taken seriously, that philosophy seems to have evaporated.

5 (edited by rozap_ 2022-04-22 10:17 PM)

I get the sense they're just burnt out on them. They've probably made hundreds at this point. Can't really blame them.

BSOD Racing, 1987 Fiat X1/9

I dunno about all of that.  I feel like the videos are still pretty fun.  We make it a point to watch them when they drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays.