Topic: Sears Pointless Faster Farms cockblock and 4 car spin

Dive bombing, cockblocking and Evasive maneuvers
http://vimeo.com/10249103

Re: Sears Pointless Faster Farms cockblock and 4 car spin

Lots of Filthy in that viddy!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Let go of the shifter!!

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

GnomeFabTech wrote:

Let go of the shifter!!

Exactly!!  And the palm steering through the chicane.  TWO hands on the wheel at all times, hand on shifter ONLY when shifting.  The entire video you never shifted and never took your hand off the shifter - that is a bad and potentially dangerous habit. Besides that, it was a great video, post more, can you?

5 (edited by peridotracing 2010-03-18 10:44 AM)

ifb_mole wrote:
GnomeFabTech wrote:

Let go of the shifter!!

Exactly!!  And the palm steering through the chicane.  TWO hands on the wheel at all times, hand on shifter ONLY when shifting.  The entire video you never shifted and never took your hand off the shifter - that is a bad and potentially dangerous habit. Besides that, it was a great video, post more, can you?

I am not a driver, just a lowly sponsor and video guy. The team does not believe in two handed driving because normally they have a beer in one hand. I am thinking about mounting a doorknob on the wheel so they can saw through the chicane with style and aplomb.

6 (edited by monkei 2010-03-18 11:24 AM)

ifb_mole wrote:

The entire video you never shifted and never took your hand off the shifter - that is a bad and potentially dangerous habit. Besides that, it was a great video, post more, can you?

Strangely enough, with only one hand on the wheel, this driver never went off track, didn't hit anyone or anything, and managed to avoid 4 car spinouts. I'd say he has adequate control of the car.

I agree with two hands except when shifting, but I found myself with my hand on the shifter more than it shoulda' been as well, but that was when there was a 3rd to shift into and I was still getting adjusted to the feel of the crappy shifter/cable.

I can't really explain why the driver featured in this video had his hand on the knob the whole time, especially when not using it at all.

8 time Lemons loser!
Go team Faster Farms! [ http://fasterfarms.blogspot.com ]

monkei wrote:

Strangely enough, with only one hand on the wheel, this driver never went off track, didn't hit anyone or anything, and managed to avoid 4 car spinouts. I'd say he has adequate control of the car.

Yup, for a whole 1 min 30 sec of video out of a 16 hour race.

peridotracing wrote:
ifb_mole wrote:
GnomeFabTech wrote:

Let go of the shifter!!

I am not a driver, just a lowly sponsor and video guy. The team does not believe in two handed driving because normally they have a beer in one hand. I am thinking about mounting a doorknob on the wheel so they can saw through the chicane with style and aplomb.

OK, NOW I understand thier driving habits - my fault - I should have known better.  I like the idea about the ball on the steering wheel, it would allow for easier and quicker steering thru the chicane.

I just wanna know who ripped off our top gear theme that we ripped off from top gear.  Bastards

ifb_mole wrote:
monkei wrote:

Actually this was the case for all of his driving stints both days.... Just sayin'.

8 time Lemons loser!
Go team Faster Farms! [ http://fasterfarms.blogspot.com ]

monkei wrote:
ifb_mole wrote:
monkei wrote:

Actually this was the case for all of his driving stints both days.... Just sayin'.

Well, there ya go, don't change a thing. Post more video!!