Topic: Finally! A link to this "Forum" on the new home page...

... though I think it should be in the top-level directory, instead of the second level under the expandable "Race" directory. At least it's there now.

Re: Finally! A link to this "Forum" on the new home page...

ye, was curious too. though I go direct, it be nice to have forum link on the main listing.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

^Agreed.

Links to information forums efficiently informs new visitors, which can help them turn into new racers.

Burying the link deep in the body of one of the pages (initially), or in a lower level isn't making it easy for them.

But it's there now, so, much better.

I agree with all of your assessments, but the web designers didn't want to rejigger the main page after *cough* we forgot about the Forum during the redesign *cough*.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

I agree with all of your assessments, but the web designers didn't want to rejigger the main page after *cough* we forgot about the Forum during the redesign *cough*.

Understood.

Do me a favor, and ask them, "How hard could it be?"

;-)

(having worked for a software company, I'm laughing quietly to myself...)

Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:
therood wrote:

Understood.

;-)

You forgot the classic, you should've known we wanted a link to the forum and added it. So its your fault!

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:
therood wrote:

Understood.

;-)

You forgot the classic, you should've known we wanted a link to the forum and added it. So its your fault!

True. But the "How hard could it be?" is a private joke, which I've previously gone into, but won't, here.

I think the argument about "should've known" is actually stronger, depending on the conversations about the redesign.

If any statement about 'retaining functions' was made during even preliminary redesign discussions, then dropping a link to a major information resource would be the fault of the architect or designer. Though everything depends on what the contract says.

Adding, and removing unwanted, functions should have been addressed specifically, raised point-by-point in a design review meeting.

But y'know, everybody's an expert while sitting on the sidelines (talking about myself here...)

"It is not the critic that counts.   ..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H7IUbwFG40

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

=-) how do you guys find these references so quickly!!??!!

=-) how do you guys find these references so quickly!!??!!

Old age/wisdom

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

_|\●_  [cheseroo]