Topic: Orange V8 Rx7 at Sears Pointless????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbIbePkHV9s

I didn't see this car around that much...but MAN was it fast...serious HP in that beast....  Easily the most powerful car out there.....I didn't see another car that could pull the Estate like that.....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Re: Orange V8 Rx7 at Sears Pointless????

That's crazy fast in comparison, and he doesn't even track out all the way...

where'd it go? mechanical?

To finish first, first you must finish. -Rick Mears
Pandamonium Racing

laz wrote:

That's crazy fast in comparison, and he doesn't even track out all the way...

where'd it go? mechanical?

they finished 64th overall....not bad...looking at their lap count by day...it looks like they had some problems on Saturday, but did much better on Sunday...

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Probably just your standard 200-220 horsepower 80s Mustang GT 302, but in a 2,400 pound car geared for a rotary.

As for why they didn't place higher, they had a few penalties and spent a fair amount of time dealing with mechanical problems. Should be a pretty quick Lemons car if they get the bugs worked out.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Probably just your standard 200-220 horsepower 80s Mustang GT 302, but in a 2,400 pound car geared for a rotary.

As for why they didn't place higher, they had a few penalties and spent a fair amount of time dealing with mechanical problems. Should be a pretty quick Lemons car if they get the bugs worked out.

I thought they had a chebby 350 style engine??  Once they get it dialed it will be seriously fast!! 

Its okay I still have the blower lying in wait!! :>)

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Blower for the 928??? Awesome.

8 time Lemons loser!
Go team Faster Farms! [ http://fasterfarms.blogspot.com ]

Yes, we have promised to give the 928 40,000 BS Penalty laps unless we see that junkyard Eaton sticking at least a foot through the hood at the next race.

Geeze... if the Estate goes supercharged then the Jaguar V-12 is going to need to go 12 individual motorcycle throttle bodies running on a megasquirt smile

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

9 (edited by OhioMark 2010-03-22 10:19 AM)

Magnusracing:

Just pull the V-12, replace it with a SBC or SBF and add a Nascar radiator
plus a supercharger  & you 'll be able to match the 928's & Rx-7's pace. Plus
those motors should weigh less, so when you add the Corvette ZR-1 brakes,
you'll be able to stop & go! Have fun!

Mark

P.S.: Go with smaller diameter rims and you'll lower the CG so it handles better.

Anyone replacing a V12 with a Detroit V8 will get an instant 1,728 BS Penalty laps (1,728 is 12 cubed).

Yes, swapping in a V8 would actually be SOOOOOO much easier... but as you can see from the above comment it has been mandated that we continue to torture ourselves with the V12...

We're getting great power from the V-12 now... but it's still really heavy and who knows when it will blow its next head gasket or drop a valve.

OhioMark wrote:

P.S.: Go with smaller diameter rims and you'll lower the CG so it handles better.

You mean rollin' on 20s isn't the way to go for performance? Damn homey... don't be dissin' my whip!

magnusracing wrote:
OhioMark wrote:

You mean rollin' on 20s isn't the way to go for performance? Damn homey... don't be dissin' my whip!

Sir John
Don't let the haters get you down....their just not down with da style like we is.....  Its all about the bling baby!!!  And what has more bling....a pimp ride V12 on 20's or yet another V8 swap......

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

14 (edited by OhioMark 2010-03-22 06:23 PM)

Not dissen' bro, just try'n to help the brother out with his ride! peace out!
I'd love to find a xjs with the sbc conversion and add a stick to it!

M

OhioMark wrote:

Not dissen' bro, just try'n to help the brother out with his ride! peace out!
I'd love to find a xjs with the sbc conversion and add a stick to it!

M

Cool cool cool.....you down with da peeps...its all good

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Thanks for the compliments guys.  We were really happy with the car for it’s first day on the track.  To clarify some things, we had several “issues” that took us off track….. LOL.  On of the more significant problems involved kissing the inside wall just prior to turn 1.  The impact pushed our frame rails about 2 inches out on the drivers side.  The radiator absorbed most of the energy and buckled in the middle.  A little patch allowed us to finish the weekend.  We spent the week tearing it apart and beating on the frame with a sledge hammer.  Hopefully we can get it back together for the Thunderhill track day…..

HitnRun wrote:

Thanks for the compliments guys.  We were really happy with the car for it’s first day on the track.  To clarify some things, we had several “issues” that took us off track….. LOL.  On of the more significant problems involved kissing the inside wall just prior to turn 1.  The impact pushed our frame rails about 2 inches out on the drivers side.  The radiator absorbed most of the energy and buckled in the middle.  A little patch allowed us to finish the weekend.  We spent the week tearing it apart and beating on the frame with a sledge hammer.  Hopefully we can get it back together for the Thunderhill track day…..

Sweet.....  I will be there with the Estate!!!

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2