Topic: NJMP Potluck 2023

Hi All!
If you're going to NJMP, you're likely making some plans about your weekend right about now.
As usual, we will be hosting a potluck in judging after the track goes cold on Saturday evening.

Sign up for what you'll bring here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

Please consider NOT bringing a dessert only. At Pitt, we had 2 full tables of dessert and minimal dinner (which wasn't a problem for some, but others that were expecting to eat more than just pie and cookies!)

Normal rules apply:
- bring food to the correct temperature
- bring a utensil
- don't bring a half a bag of chips, half a pizza, your leftovers from the night before, etc.

Thanks in advance for participating!
Chrissy

Three Pedal Mafia- The Queen
Honda Civic Wagovan, The Boat, Civic, TR, Rolls Royce, Citroen SM IOE, Mazda3, Honda Civic
Class A, Class B, Class C, Regional award, Org Choice, IOE winners
Number 1 frekin champions IOE > Overall

2 (edited by mechimike 2023-05-19 05:58 AM)

Re: NJMP Potluck 2023

Thanks for putting this together!  Tunachuckers are on board to bring scrumptious eatables.  We've been doing Lemons for *checks watch* 15 years now, so us formerly young bucks are now a bunch of graying codgers who are overdue for our colon exams.  As such we'll probably bring a bunch of corn and beans or some stewed prunes in coffee...something to keep us regular.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Rescue Auto Racing - 131 can make a vat of chili with our turkey fryer.

Joe

Sputnik, we'll do a salad or two, a watermelon, and some kind of meat on a stick.

K Car Stalker

Minimum Effort Motorsports will bring meat chips.  Salty meat for the win!

The Defeat Device Mid-Engine 1979 Chevette
Fastest / craziest Chevette driver in America!

Flatball racing will bring...something.  We'll figure it out.

1977 Lancia Scorpion

Zero Energy will drag along the ol' smoker and do pulled pork as is tradition.

Capt. Zero Energy Racing
Somewhat quick and moderately angsty.

She who must be obeyed said we are doing mac'n'cheese according to the new recipe, whatever that means.

That guy

Also, my daughter will be celebrating her 9th birthday on Sunday at the track, so Saturday night we'll be bringing (per her request) a giant sheet cake with unicorns on it.

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

Silent But Deadly- Roy Fuckin' Kent Division will bring desserts.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Kinda late to the party here, but I figured I'd ask:  I'm coming in as a spectator, just like I did last year.  Last year I was welcomed to share in the partaking of the potluck, but I felt bad that I hadn't brought anything to contribute.  Since I'll be camping in my minivan and won't have a way to keep anything cold or warm, would it be okay if I just brought several bags of Grandma Utz Chips?

I’m in a similar boat as the paddock rat, so I’m bringing cases of grab n go chips. I know it’s not as classy but it’s far safer than either my cooking or my lack of heat/refrigeration:)

puttcharlie wrote:

Since I'll be camping in my minivan and won't have a way to keep anything cold

ronsterh57 wrote:

or my lack of ...refrigeration

Are coolers with ice illegal in NJ?

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

14 (edited by ronsterh57 2023-06-10 03:28 PM)

No, but at least I brought something eh

Just want to say THANK YOU to all that brought food. That spread was fanfreakingtastic and absolutely delicious. Well done!

Jeremy
Racecar: '93 Mustang GT, stock, Lemons prepped, PITA - https://www.facebook.com/PrincessButtercupRacing, Soon-To-Be Racecar: '95 318ti
DD: '21 Jeep Wrangler
Fun vehicle: '13 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster

it was tasty smile

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

We were fixing Cordoba’s until about 11pm on Saturday so we missed the potluck but from our vantage point it looked like everyone was having a good time.  Chrissy and 3PM always do it up right. The Minivan with all those people on it was something else.  Amazing that they can have such fun and win races with fast cars.      Also, I'm not sure I will ever hear Journey again without thinking of last weekend .

Cordoba

Jimmy wrote:

We were fixing Cordoba’s until about 11pm on Saturday so we missed the potluck but from our vantage point it looked like everyone was having a good time.  Chrissy and 3PM always do it up right. The Minivan with all those people on it was something else.  Amazing that they can have such fun and win races with fast cars.      Also, I'm not sure I will ever hear Journey again without thinking of last weekend .

We took a break from fixing our Mustang to get some grub; can't wrench without a full belly! Also, HUGE thank you to the Cordoba team for giving use that grommet, that helped us out IMMENSELY and got us back on track to race on Sunday. So...THANK YOU!

Jeremy
Racecar: '93 Mustang GT, stock, Lemons prepped, PITA - https://www.facebook.com/PrincessButtercupRacing, Soon-To-Be Racecar: '95 318ti
DD: '21 Jeep Wrangler
Fun vehicle: '13 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster

RandomSquirrel wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

We took a break from fixing our Mustang to get some grub; can't wrench without a full belly! Also, HUGE thank you to the Cordoba team for giving use that grommet, that helped us out IMMENSELY and got us back on track to race on Sunday. So...THANK YOU!

Yeah, we had to take a break from the 926Z for grub. Didn't get to do too much socializing outside of the garage, though. Huge thanks to the cookie car team, the Jessi Combs Foundation/P1 Exotic team(s) and the white Ford land yacht (Fairlane?) for parts assists, and all the people who stopped by and helped.

That guy

KeiCarMike wrote:

Are coolers with ice illegal in NJ?

Well, no.  But it would've been a tight fit in a minivan with a queen air mattress in the back.  I just figured it'd be a better idea to bring something shelf stable.

Awesome potluck, thanks to all who helped put it together.  Everyone singing 'Happy Birthday' to my daughter Carmella for her 9th birthday was just awesome.  She was a little shy but smiled and said later how much she loved it.  Glad everyone seemed to enjoy the race car/ unicorn cake, too.