Topic: Going through Tech without entering the race?

I had heard before that it is possible to bring a car out to a race and have a tech inspection done without entering the race.  Anyone know who to contact about that?  Specifically for the upcoming Joliet race.  I just want to make sure everything is good to go before I commit, and i think it would help me convince friends to join if they know for sure the car will pass tech.  Thanks

Re: Going through Tech without entering the race?

This is something that is done all the time with new builds.Your best bet is to send an email to John Pagel (Head of Tech)...
at pagel@24hoursoflemons.com  He can tell you the best time to show up so you don't interfere with the real task of teching all the registered,scheduled racers....

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

In general, talk to one of the judges at the race and sort it with them. For the races I've judges we ask that you wait until tech inspection/BS is finished on Friday and then bring the car over.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Awesome. That is the exact info I was looking for. Thanks

bcj100706 wrote:

You can also send photos to Mr. Pagel before the event.There may be some problems that are so blatant that they can be seen beforehand,giving you a chance to fix them before you drag the car to the track......

bcj100706 wrote:

I'll be at Joliet. We should have me and two other (more experienced) inspectors there plus two judges (including BigBird) who have built cars. You'll be able to get a pretty good look over and if you need to change stuff, some of the teams in the paddock and probably give you solid advice on where/when/how to do it. Just bring the car over around the last assigned tech time (after 4:00) and talk to me (short guy, beard, glasses, probably a dumb hat and/or outfit). I'll get you sorted.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

I'll be at Joliet. We should have me and two other (more experienced) inspectors there plus two judges (including BigBird) who have built cars.

Look at me!!!! I'm a muthafukkin' judge!!! Now I have to go out and buy myself one o' them fancy robes....

In all honesty,Eric,...Not that I would not be honored to join the Lemons Supreme Court,but I think you have me mistaken for someone else...

Or send me a plane ticket and I'll be there in a heartbeat....just let me know... big_smile

BigBird wrote:
therood wrote:

I'll be at Joliet. We should have me and two other (more experienced) inspectors there plus two judges (including BigBird) who have built cars.

Look at me!!!! I'm a muthafukkin' judge!!! Now I have to go out and buy myself one o' them fancy robes....

In all honesty,Eric,...Not that I would not be honored to join the Lemons Supreme Court,but I think you have me mistaken for someone else...

Or send me a plane ticket and I'll be there in a heartbeat....just let me know... big_smile

Dammit. I always get you mixed up on the forums here with Corey for reasons my brain will never rectify. And yes, I know his forum handle is his name.

https://media.tenor.com/kzVvk4_C3Z8AAAAd/shrug-wtf.gif

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
BigBird wrote:
therood wrote:

Dammit. I always get you mixed up on the forums here with Corey for reasons my brain will never rectify. And yes, I know his forum handle is his name.

https://media.tenor.com/kzVvk4_C3Z8AAAAd/shrug-wtf.gif

So....no plane ticket?   I haz a sad..... sad
Maybe next time?

Is this where you get signed up as a judge?

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

kakarot1232001 wrote:

Is this where you get signed up as a judge?

Back off.....I was here first  big_smile

I had questions about my build and John was kind enough to do a Zoom call with me. I walked him through the car with my phone camera and got the info I needed.