1 (edited by Zanetapos 2023-07-26 06:10 AM)

Topic: Imbed image in post/comments?

I see the format being the "img" between brackets when I click the "img" button.

I tried following the format in the BBCode help link and had no luck. The "images" help link doesn't work any more.

Will imgur links work?

Thanks.

Re: Imbed image in post/comments?

You need to have a few posts before images are allowed I believe. But search the forums since this question has been asked before.

Yes, imgur or other links should work.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

You need to have at least 3 posts on the site before you can post links/images.Make a couple garbage /test posts and then you will be able to post images.

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

KeiCarMike wrote:

You need to have a few posts before images are allowed I believe. But search the forums since this question has been asked before.

I see. I only got a notification that links needed a few posts to be 'unlocked' but not for images.

I tried searching the forums but I may just not be used to the best way to format my search inquiry on here.

I was also afraid of spamming posts as I didn't want to anger the forum overlords but I'll try to make it constructive!

5 (edited by jiggermyster 2023-07-27 05:15 PM)

Zanetapos wrote:
KeiCarMike wrote:

I see. I only got a notification that links needed a few posts to be 'unlocked' but not for images.

I tried searching the forums but I may just not be used to the best way to format my search inquiry on here.

I was also afraid of spamming posts as I didn't want to anger the forum overlords but I'll try to make it constructive!

BBS search engines generally suck.
I use google on sites that it works on.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A … +images%22

The advantage to using google is you can filter the search.
Putting a word or short phrase in quotes only returns results that exactly match the search word(s).
Put a minus sign (-) in front of a word that is appearing in the search result will ignore posts with that word in it.
The google link above, but I don't care about Thunderbirds.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A … hunderbird

When you're logged in, you can copy other posts' text.

If you search this forum for pics, and you find a user who uses your hosting provider, you'll see the code used, and you can use that as a guide to post yours.

I use 'postimages.org'; and, I've created a free account so that I may control the pics after uploading. As a 'guest', I wasn't able to find out how to delete them after uploading.

On that site, when you select a pic for posting, they have several options to copy code to direct people to that image.

I use their "Hotlinks for Forums" button. There's also an option for 'thumbnails', but for me, they're a little small for phone access.