Topic: Road America Sausage Fest PARTY

We have a yet-to-be-assigned garage space and would like to offer to host the potluck at 5:30 pm on Saturday October 7th

For now here is the 2023 Road America Sausage Fest potluck signup sheet

More details made available in the next 10 weeks (!!!)

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Re: Road America Sausage Fest PARTY

tables: we'll probably need lots of these. an easy way to contribute!
a grill: maybe someone has a big grill they could loan - lots of wieners to cook...

derekste wrote:

a grill: maybe someone has a big grill they could loan - lots of wieners to cook...

B2 can bring a few, let me knwo

joeyplaz1014 wrote:
derekste wrote:

B2 can bring a few, let me knwo

That would be great. Add yourself to the spreadsheet!

Added my info to the list. I have a Weber grill I can bring but I’m planning for my contribution to the party to be mostly liquids.

That atomic bratwurst better be spicy enough to add a special boost to our car the morning after. Or maybe that's your plot to class win? big_smile

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

7 (edited by derekste 2023-09-12 08:28 AM)

stankinator wrote:

Added my info to the list. I have a Weber grill I can bring but I’m planning for my contribution to the party to be mostly liquids.

Thanks, looking forward to a cocktail!

KeiCarMike wrote:

That atomic bratwurst better be spicy enough to add a special boost to our car the morning after. Or maybe that's your plot to class win? big_smile

It has been a while since I have had them, but they are indeed quite spicy. Apparently they make one that is even hotter now: https://wurstkitchen.com/products

We are bringing something special. I'll be dragging along roughly 6 bottles of good bourbon (no Pappy, sorry), glass shit glasses and a table. I'll setup a tasting table for people to try whatever they want. I will be taking good will donations, all of which will go to Lemons of Love.

Jeremy
Failed Contraception Racing #333

Jeremy
Failed Contraception Racing

stankinator wrote:

Liquids,  Yes please!!!

10 (edited by cwl37 2023-09-24 05:19 PM)

Rod Throwin' Fools are bringing our mobile kegerator/bar with 15-ish gallons of homebrew.  Japanese rice lager, American brown ale, Cherry Gose, and an IPA whose recipe is still TBD.  If you have any suggestions for the IPA recipe, fire away.  Cheers!

- Cooper
Team Rod Throwin' Fools (#31 MR2)

cwl37 wrote:

If you have any suggestions the IPA recipe, fire away.  Cheers!

If you have not tried it yet, do a SMaSH.  Single malt, single hop...based on the speed you have to produce, likely Pale or Marris Otter (light Munich could be interesting), a fast ferment, hard flock yeast like S-04, and a dual purpose hop like Centennial.  Get a couple oz of leaf hop to keg hop it for aroma.

Vannonball will be bringing along the pellet smoker, which did yeoman's work this week and should prove up to the task of grilling wienies.

If you’re gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

OnkelUdo wrote:

If you have not tried it yet, do a SMaSH.  Single malt, single hop...based on the speed you have to produce, likely Pale or Marris Otter (light Munich could be interesting), a fast ferment, hard flock yeast like S-04, and a dual purpose hop like Centennial.  Get a couple oz of leaf hop to keg hop it for aroma.

Thanks Mike.  I've actually been wanting to do a Nectaron smash for a while, but couldn't bring myself to buy any more new hops with $200 or so worth in the freezer already (yeah, I know, I have a problem).

That being said, your suggestion inspired me to do a simple (but non-single malt/hop) IPA using a few different remaining small quantities of pale malts in my inventory, no crystal/caramel, and with basically only two hops.  Road American IPA.

I'll also plan on bringing some fresh pawpaws again for people to sample as long as they're ready to pick by then.

- Cooper
Team Rod Throwin' Fools (#31 MR2)

cwl37 wrote:

I'll also plan on bringing some fresh pawpaws again for people to sample as long as they're ready to pick by then.

yessssss

cwl37 wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Thanks Mike.  I've actually been wanting to do a Nectaron smash for a while, but couldn't bring myself to buy any more new hops with $200 or so worth in the freezer already (yeah, I know, I have a problem).

That being said, your suggestion inspired me to do a simple (but non-single malt/hop) IPA using a few different remaining small quantities of pale malts in my inventory, no crystal/caramel, and with basically only two hops.  Road American IPA.

At my house, that is Trashcan Pale Ale...scraps and floor sweepings.  Often, some of my best summertime beers.  I aim for 33-40 IBU's, ABV about 4.5 and dry hop/keg hop for aroma so only one boiling hop addition.

Thanks to everyone who signed up and brought something! Seemed like a pretty decent turnout despite the chilly weather.

To anyone who got a life-alteringly-hot atomic brat: my only advice to you is to be more discerning about the type of meat you put in your mouth! big_smile

derekste wrote:

Thanks to everyone who signed up and brought something! Seemed like a pretty decent turnout despite the chilly weather.

To anyone who got a life-alteringly-hot atomic brat: my only advice to you is to be more discerning about the type of meat you put in your mouth! big_smile

I had to run the last stint on Sunday because my stomach was messed up all day. Those things where God damn lethal.