Topic: Looking for testers for a live stream race overlay application

Hi all!

Fellow Lemons drivers here looking for some assistance with testing an app/platform my partner Claire and I are have been building.

We've been live streaming our races for a while and have found that most of our viewers (friends and family...) don't run race monitor or race hero themselves so they often message us asking how we're doing, what position we're in etc. 

So we decided to build a streaming app/platform that overlays race info on top of the live stream before sending it to YT/Twitch etc.  We've been working on this for a little while and we're wanting to release it for everyone to freely use soon. We are looking for some 'beta' testers to help us ensure what we've got so far works.  It doesn't require any additional hardware than what you already are using to live stream.

To give you an idea of what this looks like, here's one of our test streams with our friends Tired Iron Racing at Thunderhill
(Too much of a noob on the forum to be allowed to post links, but I can send you a link or look up Earlybird Racing on youtube)

If you have an upcoming race and are willing to test out our overlay app for your in car live stream please DM, or reply here - any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Erwan and Claire

Re: Looking for testers for a live stream race overlay application

You probably don't have enough posts to share a link.

https://www.youtube.com/live/pcs1dLbsOBA?feature=share

Looks cool.  I would be curious how you do it.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

Yeah thanks it was the two post minimum to share links big_smile

At a high level what we do it pull in data from race monitor and/or race hero, generate overlay images, receive the live stream via RTMP and then re-encode the video with the images we generate overlayed on top and then send it on its way to Youtube (or other but right now we only send to youtube).

sent you a forum email but maybe didn't get it. Can you shoot me an email at mikeff8 at yahoo ?

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

@erwan, are you still looking for testers still? Haven't heard from you at all.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

KeiCarMike wrote:

@erwan, are you still looking for testers still? Haven't heard from you at all.

Hi Mike, indeed we are!

I've replied to your forum mall from the email account erwanjames@outlook.com

I've also replied to your email sent to info@earlybirdracing.com from erwan@earlybirdracing.com

I suspect my mails are going to your junk mail sad

I think you posted on discord as well to which I replied today, that was you right?

I'm not sure what else to try at this point

I am very interested is beta testing this. Shoot me an email at timburrman at yahoo.com or a text a 925 five seven five 4478

Sorry For Party Racing, Ran When Parked Racing. #3 eLSS Camino, #21 TWAP Solstice.
WAP Pontiac Solstice (RIP)2007-2023

timburrman wrote:

I am very interested is beta testing this. Shoot me an email at timburrman at yahoo.com or a text a 925 five seven five 4478

Sent you an email!

I've been working on exactly the same thing.
I have a c++ app that automates the streaming of a gopro hero10, running on a rpi from the car.
It send the rtmp stream to my broadcast server which overlays similar data (although i suck at design so my overlays aren't pretty).

I'd love to test it - and collaborate if you're interested. I'll DM you.

The Racing Baguettes - Car #40

In the year 3000, our Genesis Coupe might be as good as a Lexus Coupe.
But it isn't the year 3000 yet.

Hi all, 

Just wanted to bump this up as we've officially 'launched' - so thank you to all those who tried it out, gave us feedback, were patient with us while we worked out any issues - anyone can now sign up and use the platform - its free to use!

We rebranded from earlybirdracing portal to myraces.live (for those who had logged in and used it before).  We added to our website some tutorials to help you get started and published the parts list we now use.  You can find us and fellow live streaming racers on Discord to help you out or if you have any questions: https://discord.com/invite/8E26mMqqg5

Our main website is now also up at https://myraces.live where you can sign up for a free account and start adding race overlays to your streams

See you on track!

Erwan