Topic: First time spectator

I've watched Lemons on the YouTube before but I've never been able to get to a race to watch.
Ive finally been able to get that stars to line up and I am able to go to the race in Bowling Green this weekend.
I was wondering what I need to do or bring to spectate my ass off. Bag chair, snacks, water, pool boy?

Re: First time spectator

Just meander around, ask questions and take it all in. Most Teams would be happy to tell you about their car and experiences. The must see stuff is BS inspection, Hand shakes after the checkered Flag (both days), Saturday night party and shenanigans, and The awards ceremony.
Have a Great Time!!!!
Manny

Great place for a first race!!!

That was my first as well, Though I was on a team.

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

fitsbain wrote:

I'd eventually like to get into Lemons, but I'd like to at least just spectate since this is the closest race.

Im hoping maybe next year to buy a seat to try it out.

Wear walking shoes and don't be shy about asking questions.
Most teams are more than happy to talk about their hoopties,assuming they are not in the middle of an engine swap or some other catastrophic and/or epic failure
Even then,some teams just say fuck it and have a good time anyway......Friday BS/tech is a must-see,if possible

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

flb_78 wrote:
fitsbain wrote:

I'd eventually like to get into Lemons, but I'd like to at least just spectate since this is the closest race.

Im hoping maybe next year to buy a seat to try it out.

This is the way....
We always tell people to go to a race as a spectator to get an idea of what goes into a race weekend
You get an idea of the various levels of competition and the way teams differ in their approach to the 'race'
Some teams are all about the number of laps completed,and some look at it as a party where a race breaks out.
Wander around, make friends and you'll do fine..

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

I was a first-time spectator once...  be forewarned....  If you get hooked  - your life may never be the same

Cordoba

Come hang out with us Saturday evening after racing, we're co-hosting the potluck and its a great place to talk with a lot of people. If you bring something to share that would be great.

Otherwise look for the #77 blue merkur, easy to spot with 1:5 scale mercury space capsule on the roof. Always happy to chat!

BRING: bottled water, sunscreen, sunglasses, chair, umbrella (if hat is not enough for sitting long periods out in the sun), more water (really), EARPLUGS (can get noisy, hit me up in my garage and I'll give you some).

Parking directions aren't really clear at NCM, just try to park in an open space that is out of the way of race car traffic.

You might want to bring a bike to make it easier to get around to spectator spots, but NCM has a fantastic elevated spectator deck with good views of a lot of the track.

Enjoy it!

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Hey, I'll be at Bowling Green in the Penalty Box as one of the judges. Come talk to me at some point once things are a little settled on Saturday afternoon (Beginning of the race and BS Inspection are pretty hectic for me).

Things to bring as a spectator:

- Camera (phone camera will work)
- Some kind of note pad (phone note pad will work) if you want to build on what you see (which is a good idea)
- If you care about following the race, you can download/subscribe to the Race Monitor app or grab the RaceHero app (free but less good, IMHO)
- Phone charger (See above)

- Sunscreen
- Lots of water
- Rain Gear (Just in case...always have rain gear)

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

I've been sitting here on the tallest hill watching the race. Talked to a handful of folks.