Topic: Sausage Fest '23 @ Road America - Entry List & Tech Times

You read it right, kids: 142 entries and it's a spectacular entry list: two Gremlins, two Cutlass Cieras, two Lincoln LS's, two Mark VIIIs, two Triumphs, a Corvair, a 1950s Jaguar, a Tempo, a Fairlane, an Ambassador, a Bobcat, a Rover SD1, a PV544, a Grand Caravan, a chopped-top Boxy Caprice, Lemons' first G5...also the Rambler returns with six cylinders for the first time in most of a decade and there are two post-2000s cars debuting with pre-Malaise Era engine swaps.

Want more? Sure, I can do that. Six cars in the field just raced at NCM, including one from Georgia. At least two of those will have done three races in two months (Autobahn, NCM, Road America).

Six cars in the field haven't raced since 2019 or earlier. One of them is a car that last raced (with a different team) in 2010.

If you care about being competitive for some reason (no idea why you'd do that): the entered cars have 24 overall wins, 23 Class B wins, and 19 Class C wins among them. The only car in the field that has won any of the classes or IOE at Road America is the Racing 4 Nickels Olds Cutlass Ciera, god love 'em.

(You might need the Excel version to read the entry.)

https://24hoursoflemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/IMG_5129-copy.jpg

IMPORTANT: Tech only is from 11-4. The Tech Times are assigned here (and on the event page).

BS Inspection will be later as part of the Parade & Block Party in downtown Elkhart Lake, starting at 5 pm. If you can't make the Block Party for BS Inspections, you'll have to do BS @ 8 am on Saturday morning with cranky judges. Bring coffee and donuts.

Judges for the weekend are myself, Judge Aaron, and Judge Shellie with some assistance during BS Inspection from Judge Steve (of 3PM) and Corey Dickman (of Ran When Parked).

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Sausage Fest '23 @ Road America - Entry List & Tech Times

therood wrote:

Judges for the weekend are myself, Judge Aaron, and Judge Shellie with some assistance during BS Inspection from Judge Steve (of 3PM) and Corey Dickman (of Ran When Parked).

Wait, you have an East Coast AND West Coast judge doing BS.  We better bring more hotdish and green bean casserole!

Curious how many have previously raced at Road America; the only previous years I can find are '12 and '13, and I'm thinking that's a really long career for a race car.

Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:

Curious how many have previously raced at Road America; the only previous years I can find are '12 and '13, and I'm thinking that's a really long career for a race car.

Good question. It's a lot more than you think. Bold ones have done both previous Road America races in Lemons.

#4 Racing 4 Nickels, Olds Cutlass Ciera
#13 Hell Kitty, Honda Prelude
#18 Team Priority Fail, VW Golf (now RWD converted)
#20 Iron Works Racing, AMC Gremlin
#36 Save the Ta-Tas, Chevy Camaro (now Cadillac Seville converted)
#41 HP Toners, Pontiac Firebird
#93 Ho Ho Ho Racing, Honda Civic
#113 Wisconsin Crap Racing, BMW E36
#124 Product Design (Saturn SL2)
#127 Raging Bull, Ford Taurus SHO (I think it was one of the two old SHOs that raced in '13)
#119 Focus Club (with a previous team), Ford Focus
#404 Anonymous, Honda Civic
#713 Placebo Racing, Merkur XR4Ti
#814 Nothin's Hotter Than a Cougar, Mercury Cougar
#911 Supra Troopers, Toyota Supra

If the League of Legitimate Nigerian Businessman bring their Simca, that's the fifth car that would have been to all three Road America races. There are also a few replacement chassis that are the same guts from previous cars:

#94 Landshark, Honda Civic (was an Integra previously)
#38 Team Sucker Punch, Chevy Corvette (was a Camaro previously, but it has the same driveline now.)
#168 Team Skid Steer, Mercury Bobcat (guts transferred from a prior Bobcat)
#373 Team Orca, Mazda RX-7 (Guts swapped in from their Chevy Caprice)

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

Good question. It's a lot more than you think. Bold ones have done both previous Road America races in Lemons.

...[awesome data omitted]...

As an aside, I think it's impressive that you've been able to track data like this across so much time and so many different team names, team compositions, car names, car numbers, etc.

Jeff

Turbo-Encabulators -- 1999 Mazda Miata -- Winner overall, BFE GP '22, runner-up a bunch of times

Teuobk wrote:
therood wrote:

...[awesome data omitted]...

As an aside, I think it's impressive that you've been able to track data like this across so much time and so many different team names, team compositions, car names, car numbers, etc.

Jeff

Thanks. I've been working on it for...shit...10 years at this point. I also know the Midwest teams pretty well because that's where I started racing in 2010 and judging in 2012; my memory isn't nearly as sharp for the other regions.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Yup I can confirm thats the same engine in the Vette that was in the Camaro last time we did Lemons at RA.

And its TIRED!!!  XD

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

8 (edited by collinskl1 2023-10-02 09:19 AM)

As far as I know, the Raging Bull SHO wasn't run at the 2013 race. Pretty sure they're running the white car that City Money used to run as the circus theme, sister to the black SHOgirls car also run under the City Money team umbrella.

Rubber City Racing, who will be there in our 318ti, ran the other SHO way back then (which I'm pretty sure was green for the 2013 race) as SHOuth of the Border with the luchador mask on the hood and OE trunk spoiler turned mustache on the front bumper.

Hopefully those guys have the brakes figured out, because both SHOs met their own early demise last time due to brake issues.

#330 Rubber City Racing
#688 SHOuth of the Border

Bad Decisions was there with our old Saturn and doing the Princess Bride theme in 2012. Not even sure what number we were running back then.  First race with any semblance of a team and second race overall.

OnkelUdo wrote:

Bad Decisions was there with our old Saturn and doing the Princess Bride theme in 2012. Not even sure what number we were running back then.  First race with any semblance of a team and second race overall.

RIP the Saturn. It let everyone know when it wanted to retire.

https://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LILF15/441-DSCN0410.jpg

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

I couldn't find anywhere the info as to what gate will be accepting our entry on Thursday evening. I've never been to this track and it appears to have entry gates galore!

meistro wrote:

I couldn't find anywhere the info as to what gate will be accepting our entry on Thursday evening. I've never been to this track and it appears to have entry gates galore!

it is almost certainly gate 6, on the north side of the site off of Hwy 67

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

therood wrote:

#911 Supra Troopers, Toyota Supra

Thank you for this recognition, and thanks for another awesome weekend! Meow!