Topic: 2024 Schedule Complaining Thread

https://24hoursoflemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Thompson23-25-scaled.jpg

Let's hear it. And if you've somehow not seen it, the schedule is here.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: 2024 Schedule Complaining Thread

Not really complaining, just curious...

Is the March Sonoma ever coming back?  Inde Motorsports in AZ?

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

rb92673 wrote:

Is the March Sonoma ever coming back?

Don't know. Their contract with the OEM that punted our '23 date may have renewed for '24, I didn't hear specifics. Either way, they didn't have anything for us next spring.

rb92673 wrote:

Inde Motorsports in AZ?

I'd say unlikely.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Pacific Raceways? How dare you pick a track that's even more convenient for me than The Ridge?

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

my ideal world would move Thompson to not be the dead of summer, because I'm a warm boy and I hate the heat. But then you'd move another new england race to be dead of summer.

I actually have nothing to complain about other than I'm running out of time to travel to races these days. Can you somehow solve my lack of free time?

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

bring back ferrous trophies!

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

24 Hours of Lemons y u no 24 Hours race?!?!?!?!?!111/

No, I can only imagine what a herculean effort those are to put on.  Still bummed CMP had to go and get sold and take that one away from us, but, that's out of our control.  There's a small, masochistic arm of us that like 24s, but, I know they aren't great business sense. 

Schedule looks great - really excited to see Sebring come back, I'll be there, albeit almost certainly in someone elses car. 

My one minor quip - just one year, can Pitt and CMP not be back-to-back weekends?  I'd really like to do Pitt, and it's 'within range' for us, but, even if I go with someone else to that weekend, I know that 2 race weekends in a row is a tall order.  I'm sure those are 'our weekends', but, it's on the 'it'd be nice' list. 

And, last but not least, I may get to do my first Rally!  I've always wanted to do one, but, they're kinda hard for a working stiff.  But, being that the Virginia rally is over the weekend and, just as important, close, I very well may be in.

Semi-Sentient Centenarians
1996 Buick Century - we upgraded our crappy GM sedan with parts from a crappy GM minivan.
"It's got a van motor, a 220 cubic inch plant, it's got van tires, van suspension, van shocks. It's a model with the catalytic converters ripped out so
     it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it a racecar or what?" - Blues Brothers, Probably

derekste wrote:

+1 to this.

mthew_m wrote:

24 Hours of Lemons y u no 24 Hours race?!?!?!?!?!111/

High Plains on 1-2 June is a true 24.

mthew_m wrote:

No, I can only imagine what a herculean effort those are to put on.

Having worked at three of these now, I will say that I am sufficiently poor at pattern recognition that I'll probably be on staff at this next one, too.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

mharrell wrote:

High Plains on 1-2 June is a true 24.

Well I'll be damned, I scrolled up and down the list several times looking for it and didn't see it.  Glad it's actually there!

Semi-Sentient Centenarians
1996 Buick Century - we upgraded our crappy GM sedan with parts from a crappy GM minivan.
"It's got a van motor, a 220 cubic inch plant, it's got van tires, van suspension, van shocks. It's a model with the catalytic converters ripped out so
     it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it a racecar or what?" - Blues Brothers, Probably

Feb thunderhill ... why not the 5 mile??

Full Ass Racing
#455 Piñata Miata - 1990 Miata
#735 BMDollhÜr 7Turdy5i - 1990 735i

therood wrote:
rb92673 wrote:

Is the March Sonoma ever coming back?

Don't know. Their contract with the OEM that punted our '23 date may have renewed for '24, I didn't hear specifics. Either way, they didn't have anything for us next spring.

I read Sonoma is repaving this winter, I would assume that would have something to due with our spring date as well.

duthehustle93 wrote:

cuz the 3 mile is more betterer

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Why must Road America conflict with the second High Plains race? Why must there now be a mutually exclusive choice between two episodes of awesome? Whhhyyyyy?!

Turbo-Encabulators -- 1999 Mazda Miata -- Winner overall, BFE GP '22, runner-up a bunch of times

Teuobk wrote:

Why must Road America conflict with the second High Plains race? Why must there now be a mutually exclusive choice between two episodes of awesome? Whhhyyyyy?!

I think this is solved by finally setting up a companion race in Assetto Corsa for each location.  Teams in the HPR paddock run a virtual RA race and teams at RA run a virtual HPR race.   Virtual results are valid in real life.

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

duthehustle93 wrote:

Variety is the spice of life.

Teuobk wrote:

We didn't have a date before we went. The day after our race, we were offered a week after Labor Day or three weeks before Thanksgiving.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
duthehustle93 wrote:

Variety is the spice of life.

I seem to recall you may have expressed that sentiment a bit differently right after Three Tracks One Race. During that weekend, too...

Huskar wrote:

I think this is solved by finally setting up a companion race in Assetto Corsa for each location.  Teams in the HPR paddock run a virtual RA race and teams at RA run a virtual HPR race.   Virtual results are valid in real life.

Haha, love it!

therood wrote:

We didn't have a date before we went. The day after our race, we were offered a week after Labor Day or three weeks before Thanksgiving.

This is really interesting. Sounds like Road America must have liked us! ...and also that they didn't get too salty about the trails of oil many of our cars left in the paddock big_smile

Turbo-Encabulators -- 1999 Mazda Miata -- Winner overall, BFE GP '22, runner-up a bunch of times

AT-JeffT wrote:
derekste wrote:

+1 to this.

All of the Rad Lobster team seconds, thirds and supports this

derekste wrote:

This!!!!!

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

derekste wrote:

+ 1 more vote for this

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

I’ve said it the past few years but since you’re asking for complaints, I’ll say it again:

I would love a race that is closer than 8h from Arizona. My truck has broken 2 years in a row towing over the mountains to HPR.

Have you talked to Podium Club at Attesa? NASA is hosting one of their 2-day enduros there in January, but I’d rather hang out with Lemons people.

Otherwise, thanks for all the work putting this together. Between Sebring, Road America and Road Atlanta you are hitting some premier venues!

So no Watkins Glen then. Has an effort been made to get a race there?

1991 VW Jetta #38 - cuz Whoopie Pie!

Still bummed that we don't get VIR, but after discussing it with Eric at NCM, I get it.  They are probably a PITA to deal with anyway, at least that's been my experience in a few instances,

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Camper Van Someren wrote:

Have you talked to Podium Club at Attesa?

I am not the person who does the scheduling, but I've mentioned/suggested contacting Podium Club and Apex several times in the past. It's on MY radar, trying to put it on everyone else's. That's not to say there is a business case for going to either, but we are aware of both places.

dungeonracer wrote:

So no Watkins Glen then. Has an effort been made to get a race there?

Not really on our radar for a variety of reasons. Maybe in a couple years.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com