51 (edited by etb1009 2024-03-04 08:11 AM)

Re: 2024 Schedule Complaining Thread

Jimmy wrote:
chaase wrote:
therood wrote:

It's on our list of possibilities, but there's not much space in the schedule for it right now.

Pocono would be fun!

I know of at least 2 ancient, underpowered, poor handling, two door luxury coupes that will definitely make POCONO if it gets on the list!!

Jimmy, it seems now that you have 2 cars we now have 2 cars that will be at Pitt race, in adding to the "beer bet" we have come into our possession a mint condition 1994 Dale Statue/trophy that we maybe turning into a award for our race within a race... the "Cordova Cup" if you are interested, sorry to "steal" your name but mustang and GTI are just not as fun sounding....

Team Captain: Highway to Schnell '06 VW GTI, it did run for a very short time! we will get there!
Team member: The Neighbors '89 Foxbody notchback 4 races, finished 2
no wins yet but hoping!

KeiCarMike wrote:
Stan in Bham wrote:

Not a complaint, but curious -

Barber is 240 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, but is in the "South" region rather than the "Gulf".   Hallett is in land-locked Oklahoma, 550 miles from the Gulf but is in the "Gulf" region rather than the "Midwest".  ???

Maps R Hard...

I confess that it has been a year or two (or 40) since I took geography, and was just wondering if I'd slept through a major New Madrid event or something.

Emulating the NFL?

Stan in Bham wrote:
KeiCarMike wrote:
Stan in Bham wrote:

Not a complaint, but curious -

Barber is 240 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, but is in the "South" region rather than the "Gulf".   Hallett is in land-locked Oklahoma, 550 miles from the Gulf but is in the "Gulf" region rather than the "Midwest".  ???

Maps R Hard...

I confess that it has been a year or two (or 40) since I took geography, and was just wondering if I'd slept through a major New Madrid event or something.

Gulf in this instance applies pretty much Texas and Louisiana, based on where we were going when we started having regions in...2010? 2011? In the absence of an actual Dallas race, Hallett is as close as we can reasonably get to appealing to Dallas-based teams. There's your extremely exciting inside baseball.

For whatever it's worth, Oklahoma is--depending on the context--part of the South, the Midwest, the Ozarks, the Great Plains, and/or the Southwest. From my experience, it's nowhere and everywhere, culturally and geographically. That said, Hallett is in one of the prettiest parts of the state.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

55 (edited by Lemon_Newton-Metre 2024-02-26 11:54 AM)

therood wrote:
Stan in Bham wrote:
KeiCarMike wrote:

Maps R Hard...

Gulf in this instance applies pretty much Texas and Louisiana, based on where we were going when we started having regions in...2010? 2011? In the absence of an actual Dallas race, Hallett is as close as we can reasonably get to appealing to Dallas-based teams. There's your extremely exciting inside baseball.

For whatever it's worth, Oklahoma is--depending on the context--part of the South, the Midwest, the Ozarks, the Great Plains, and/or the Southwest. From my experience, it's nowhere and everywhere, culturally and geographically. That said, Hallett is in one of the prettiest parts of the state.

Exactly the promotion PSU uses to applicants; in response to, "It's in the middle of nowhere.", their response is, "Actually, it's in the middle of EVERYwhere!.
(Ex.: ~4 hours to: Pittsburgh, CLE, Buffalo, Rochester NY, NYC, PHL, DC, Indianapolis;
~ 8 hours to: Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, VT, Boston, Atlantic City, Charlotte / Durham.)
... not to mention the sporting and cultural resources in State College.
So, if on ANY given weekend you can't find somewhere to go to do something interesting, you're not looking hard enough."
I hear Austin is similar.

Hallett is ~1300 mi. and <20hrs. from me (near PHL), but I've driven PHL to Ft. Myers before (similar) for an event.

In the opposite of a complaint, it's nice to see that Sebring is back on the schedule.

Was it difficult to get a Lemons race booked there again?

etb1009 wrote:

[

Jimmy, it seems now that you have 2 cars we now have 2 cars that will be at Pitt race, in adding to the "beer bet" we have come into our possession a mint condition 1994 Dale Statue/trophy that we maybe turning into a award for our race within a race... the "Cordova Cup" if you are interested, sorry to "steal" your name but mustard and GTI are just not as fun sounding....

Yes,  yes and more yes!..... sorry been traveling .....missed your post earlier

"Cordoba Cup" ......  Like the Winston Cup but from another dimension.  Instead of  being created by a bunch of 1950s bootleggers...... our founders were 1970s real estate agents and Vinyl Siding salesmen .

Cordoba

I feel like the "Cordoba cup" needs to involve something embarrassing for the losers. Maybe they have to dress up as ballerinas and perform the Ode to Joy from the Nutcracker at the beginning of the awards ceremony...  You both should start practicing and plan your outfits.

Sorry For Party Racing, Ran When Parked Racing. #3 eLSS Camino, #21 TWAP Solstice.
WAP Pontiac Solstice (RIP)2007-2023

Jimmy wrote:
etb1009 wrote:

[

Jimmy, it seems now that you have 2 cars we now have 2 cars that will be at Pitt race, in adding to the "beer bet" we have come into our possession a mint condition 1994 Dale Statue/trophy that we maybe turning into a award for our race within a race... the "Cordova Cup" if you are interested, sorry to "steal" your name but mustard and GTI are just not as fun sounding....

Yes,  yes and more yes!..... sorry been traveling .....missed your post earlier

"Cordoba Cup" ......  Like the Winston Cup but from another dimension.  Instead of  being created by a bunch of 1950s bootleggers...... our founders were 1970s real estate agents and Vinyl Siding salesmen .

not a problem, my buddy who thought it up has been working on it and ir is coming out great! the wood base was even stained with used motor oil lol

Team Captain: Highway to Schnell '06 VW GTI, it did run for a very short time! we will get there!
Team member: The Neighbors '89 Foxbody notchback 4 races, finished 2
no wins yet but hoping!

CaptainRichard wrote:

In the opposite of a complaint, it's nice to see that Sebring is back on the schedule.

Was it difficult to get a Lemons race booked there again?

Yes, though I did none of that particular work.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

@therood Is the Road Mangler cup drawing for free Yoko's no longer a thing?

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

rb92673 wrote:

They gave it out February at Thunderhill.

Sorry For Party Racing, Ran When Parked Racing. #3 eLSS Camino, #21 TWAP Solstice.
WAP Pontiac Solstice (RIP)2007-2023

timburrman wrote:
rb92673 wrote:

Thanks.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

timburrman wrote:
rb92673 wrote:

Thunderhill in February was the final Road Mangler Cup.

We were recently informed that Douglas hasn't sold the Xtra Trac in a few years, so there goes our backup pitch.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
timburrman wrote:
rb92673 wrote:

Thunderhill in February was the final Road Mangler Cup.

We were recently informed that Douglas hasn't sold the Xtra Trac in a few years, so there goes our backup pitch.

Time to call up cosmo and start the Mucho Macho Memorial Prize

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

KeiCarMike wrote:
therood wrote:

Time to call up cosmo and start the Mucho Macho Memorial Prize

YES!!!