Topic: Thank you NH

Hope everyone else had fun this weekend.

I've been getting pretty burnt out on Lemons in recent years. Not because of anything the series is doing, but because we just can't solve issues with the car. I haven't had a fun stint in the car in several years and it's just been killing my enthusiasm for continuing. Sunday changed that. We got just enough fixed that I could run a full stint, without babying the car, and just have fun. It was like rediscovering why I started doing this in the first place. It felt so good to be able to chase cars again instead if just limping the car to rack up random lap counts.

We also timed it so I could get the "worst" of the rain on sunday. I love driving that car in the rain so much. It's just so much fun to slide the saab around and chase/pass cars we can't touch in the dry. Give me all the rain stints please.

Was good to see people again, sorry we didn't hang out too much at night. I'm getting older, don't do the partying thing anymore. The priority these days is hanging out with family more.

Can't wait to see everyone more next year and have more fun.

How'd your weekend go?

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Re: Thank you NH

Our weekend started out crappy, but then, it is Lemons, right?
Friday testing revealed we had 2 bad wheel bearings after only 7 laps, both on the right side. Rear wasn't too bad to change (or so we thought), but the front turned into an all day project. We missed our tech time.

We made it thru tech Saturday morning with Dale giving us all kinds of "crap" about our car lol
He kicked our rear bumper, and said that has a neat tone lol
We ran for about an hour, then had a near off in the bowl. Came in, and discovered the new rear wheel bearing had failed. This time, the inner race welded itself to the spindle, and a trip home to for it to meet the torch was required to remove it (good thing I live 8 miles away)
Put our rookie driver in to finish the day, and it looked like he did well. At least nobody hit him.....

Sunday was much better. Though we stopped a couple times to check things over, we ran pretty much all day.
The teams around us in the garage were great. Re-engineered Fuchs, Hondarado, Rust in the Wind, and Idiots Avant. Speaking of which, we brought over the mother in law Sunday, and near the end, she said something about having a tea. One of the guys from the Rust in the Wind team overheard, and made her one. That made her day.

We finished the race in 87th overall. To us, that was a win.

Overall, we had a great time. Hope those who got a whoopie pie enjoyed them smile

1991 VW Jetta #38 - cuz Whoopie Pie!

Sesame Street Outlaws did have some fun. There were some mechanical issues but we finally got the Javelin to run a full weekend. We need to summon some spirits and figure out the carb tuning but we'll get there. We exercised some demons Saturday night but its still not running right. The Rookie Monster engine seized Saturday so we just parked it. That car has been cursed forever, its prior owner couldn't keep it running all weekend. It may be time to part it our or sell it.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

We had a great Time at Valve Tap. The Cordoba's ran super all weekend. The blue one kept bottoming out on the sway bar on the hard transition going up the hill before the bowl so we had to put that back to together a few times. Other than that we just burned fuel.

My teams hot pit game got a lot stronger this weekend that for sure. Weather was great and the beer was cold....perfect.

Cordoba

These are the best weekends of my year!  Great times!  Seeing old friends/teams/cars and making new friends!
(Even though I did not get to drive since car was not ready...)

And big Thanks to Chrissy and 3PM for hosting, arranging, organizing the pot luck dinner.  (Please don't get burned out doing this...it would not be the same without you...!)....100% successful

And big Thanks to Kim and all the organizers, and Lemons staff. 
Since I was not driving, I volunteered to help out any way I could at the race as part of the staff, and it really made me appreciate where my money goes....Yes, this is not cheap, but it is amazing how much work goes into hosting these races....obvious stuff, and behind the scenes stuff.
Just organizing everything, all the equipment, flying around the country to these events, photography, awards, safety, material for "wrap up videos", entertainment, judging, etc. ,  and basically making sure no one gets hurt, etc.  And how Kim has everything working like clock work is amazing....they got the system down to a science...!
Really made me appreciate the time and effort that goes into these events...

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022