Topic: Forum is doing that login redirect thing again...

Noticing that when you login, the forum is again redirecting you to a random post.

This is leading to people bumping 10 year old potluck posts and other disconnected replies.

@therood, thought this got fixed at some point??

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Re: Forum is doing that login redirect thing again...

Put me down for a bowl of potato salad in NJ

I've got a crock pot of chili for Nelson Ledges!

That guy

KeiCarMike wrote:

Noticing that when you login, the forum is again redirecting you to a random post.

This is leading to people bumping 10 year old potluck posts and other disconnected replies.

@therood, thought this got fixed at some point??

Sounds like time to rebuild the index again. Let me see what I can do.

It took a few hours to run but the index rebuild completed.

Let me know if anyone sees weird posts popping up that shouldn't be.

I somehow lost the Hydrogen setting; after logging in it reset, so I'm good.

Logged out and the new format showed up again; logged in again and I'm back to Hydrogen.

Damn, that's annoying...

Still not 100%.

Now seeing the same behavior as Lemon_Newton-Metre describes. Logged out see the new theme. Login and see the hydrogen theme but also still loads a random post.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

B.L.U.F.:
I try to remember to compose in a text editor before posting, though I don't always.

I learned about the random post redirect here early. I was surprised but trained by a different site - an auction site.

My training there came with emotional panic, as I apparently bid a LOT on an item different from what I had intended - and I didn't notice until too late to cancel the bid.

Thankfully, someone else bid higher than me.

I _really_ didn't need the "Leopard-print Cat Suit (S) with a tear-away 'nether part' (edited), gloves, ears, tail, laser pointer, feather wand, and collar.

(... I'm a M)