Topic: New to Lemons - Charlotte/Gastonia NC area

I recently discovered Lemons and want to get in on the fun (and work). The whole premise and personality of Lemons is right up my alley (pun intended).

Eventually, I'd like to put a team together to either race or rally or both, maybe next Summer or Fall, after attending some local races in the Spring. In the meantime, I'd like to get involved in any way that I can to learn as much as I can.

Are there are any teams in the Charlotte/Gastonia area of North Carolina that need or want help working on their car?

I grew up helping my dad with general maintenance and some body repair on fords and gm vehicles. I've since had a few Japanese vehicles, a few motorcycles, and have now moved onto euro vehicles. I prefer doing all the work on my own vehicles, and enjoy learning new stuff.

With all of that said, I am certainly not a mechanic but I consider myself mechanically inclined and a good troubleshooter.

Re: New to Lemons - Charlotte/Gastonia NC area

You may want to migrate/post in the matchmaker section, and also checkout the OKStupid matchmaker group on facebook.

If you don't get any bites, swing by your most local race as a spectator and stroll around with a cooler full of beers and talk to people! As long as they're not knee deep in trying to fix their POS (and even if they are, you'd make a friend for life if you can help them locate parts) they'd be happy to talk to you. The community is really welcoming to new people.

Full Ass Racing
#455 Piñata Miata - 1990 Miata
#735 BMDollhÜr 7Turdy5i - 1990 735i