Topic: Seat available for Barber

Half Fast Racing has a seat available for the Barber Lemons race.  We are a reasonably well organized team running three cars, one Miata and two New Beetles. We are pretty focused but fairly laid back - we have fun racing Lemons and try to finish well as opposed to focusing on winning to the exclusion of having fun.  Our Beetles have won Class C once and finished 2nd in class twice and 3rd three times at various races in the past four years.  Our Miata is always A class and isn't competitive for a class win but has finished in the top 10 in class/top 12 overall twice.  If you want an ultra-competitive team of Type A personalities aiming for the A Class win, we aren't for you. If you want an easygoing team that keeps the cars on the track (and shows up at the race with spare parts), send me a note at twoohfive nineoneoh fortyfivesixtysix.

Recommendations preferred, but we've taken rookies on before.

Stan

Re: Seat available for Barber

Oh, this might be perfect - I have someone who was planning to race with me, but, the 944 isn't going to be ready in time, so I'm not going to have a car for Barber.  And, he actually has a New Beetle Turbo that he's tracked before.  Let me check with him, and I'll text you.

Semi-Sentient Centenarians
1996 Buick Century - we upgraded our crappy GM sedan with parts from a crappy GM minivan.
"It's got a van motor, a 220 cubic inch plant, it's got van tires, van suspension, van shocks. It's a model with the catalytic converters ripped out so
     it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it a racecar or what?" - Blues Brothers, Probably

3 (edited by Stan in Bham 2024-01-05 09:39 AM)

mthew_m wrote:

Oh, this might be perfect - I have someone who was planning to race with me, but, the 944 isn't going to be ready in time, so I'm not going to have a car for Barber.  And, he actually has a New Beetle Turbo that he's tracked before.  Let me check with him, and I'll text you.

Matt,  need a car for the race?  We have a 4th car (another Beetle 1.8T) that we are prepping and just needs a little finish-up work like battery relocation and fire suppression install (already have the FS system). We're actually thinking about running it at Barber instead of one of the others. Bring your team as an A&D group, your entry or ours (already signed it up but couldn't round up the drivers, planning to drop it in a couple of days).  We already have the spare parts and Beetle knowledge.

Give me a call.  Or just have your guy give me a call/text for a seat.

Stan

4 (edited by Stan in Bham 2024-01-13 03:19 PM)

Bumping. We filled our three main cars and have two more drivers interested.  If we can get one more we'll run the 4th car (another Beetle 1.8T/5 spd) that we're almost done prepping. Already caged and running. Installing kill switch, new harness and fire suppression next weekend and it will be ready to go. Expect $800 +/- per seat.

Seats filled.